• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Drive Mixed media project Anime/Vita game/Mobile game (Senrand Kagura Devs)

Mike Golf

Man, that video pulls no punches at all. I love that this is a multi product project; I wouldn't be surprised to see that someone's come up with the idea of lesbian girls/women fighting by becoming intimate then turning into the other's weapon but the fact that a company decided to give money to the idea and have it become reality is just fantastic.

-Horizon-

I feel so dirty right now.

tumblr_mn2ihif4dp1srb4uqo1_400.gif

Momentary

Banned
Yikes...over a game?

Yeah that was my thought too. That seems like an extreme reaction.

Sounds like your relationship sucks. =/

I'm sorry to hear that.

You will be missing out on the GOAT :(

She sees all this as an escape for those who want to dabble in pedophilia without feeling guilty about it. She's a little extreme. She was fuming about Neptunia when I bought it on Steam. So I don't even want to know what would happen if she caught me playing this game.

I just want to play it because it looks like it might be a bad ass action game.

BTW, my relationship is actually pretty damn good.

-Horizon-

She sees all this as an escape for those who want to dabble in pedophilia without feeling guilty about it. She's a little extreme. She was fuming about Neptunia when I bought it on Steam. So I don't even want to know what would happen if she caught me playing this game.

I just want to play it because it looks like it might be a bad ass action game.

BTW, my relationship is actually pretty damn good.

She sounds like one of those gaffers who judge people who have anime avatars :[

Glad you have a good relationship regardless though.

Yasumi

Banned
Seems like they might be trying to recreate Shinovi Versus perfect storm of success. Boob-focused action(?) game on the Vita released close to the anime, with a mobile game to help promote it too. Looking forward to more details as they pop up,
I wouldn't worry too much about pedophilia here. Takaki is the Exploding Breasts producer for a reason. Unless by pedophilia, she meant "anime with fanservice," in which case, godspeed you poor lost soul.

Negator

This game must be in response to all the complaints they got for objectifying women in Senran Kagura.

"Oh they think we're objectifying women? Well then let's make a game where women are literally objectified!"

The producers official title is literally "Exploding Breasts Producer" as it's been in all of his games.

say what you will but he's very honest in what he promises. Peter Molyneux could learn much from him.

Wait. That's literally his job title? Like is that what's written on his business card?

While it's arguably an extreme position, it's not exactly unearned. Some otaku-centric anime and video games have absurdly questionable content, especially if you aren't a fan who has been desensitized to the quirks and kinks of the subgenre.

SerTapTap

This man lives and breathes breasts

Gotta appreciate a man dedicated to his craft.

I'm torn

On the one hand, some queer girls I know seem into this

On the other hand, I doubt it was made with them in mind

I know three lesbians that like or play Senran Kagura--to me it has a strong advantage in that it forgoes the awful "harem" thing where a shitty male character has good female characters inexplicably fallen for them. Whether it's "made for" lesbian/bisexual audiences seems irrelevant IMO, if it's sexy without stupid masculinism bullshit it's probably fair game for anyone who likes girls regardless of their gender or sexuality.

It helps that, at least in Senran Kagura, they do a pretty good job characterizing people. Everyone has a distinct voice actress, different personality, outfits, weapons, backstory. I'm not a fan of everyone, but there are very few characters I actively dislike which is pretty surprising to me.

Abylim

Holy snapping duck shit, this is ridiculous!

I watched the video in the op, WOW, they really dont hold back!

I expected it to be like SK, where its all implied, or just talked about, not girl ontop of other girl, caressing her legs and making out!

GOOD GOVERNOR!

Day zero

patapuf

I'm torn

On the one hand, some queer girls I know seem into this

On the other hand, I doubt it was made with them in mind

I don't know, i don't think a game featuring lesbians has to be exclusively catered to them to also be appealing to lesbians.

Some will like the over the top fanservice and others will be repulsed by it. That's not so different from the reaction of the target demographic.

If you aren't invested in "what brings the medium forward" you just pick what's appealing to you, without caring about the developpers intent.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
CLEARLY the battle in the trailer was a tie and the fact these two are sisters is a rather literal, and obviously too cerebral, artistic representation of the adage that "a tie is like kissing your sister".

[/s]

Uh... uh... Maybe they're a married couple? Yeah that's it...

Both have already equipped their weapons, so yeah. They might be.

If it was a guy and a girl in this scenario there'd be a 90% chance they weren't blood-related.

I'm not sure what the chances are if they're both girls.

They are clearly sisters, maybe even twins, unlike other couples they have similar body, hair, age etc.
I realized it just looking at them, then i saw their names and that was the confirmation.

joe2187

Banned
It helps that, at least in Senran Kagura, they do a pretty good job characterizing people. Everyone has a distinct voice actress, different personality, outfits, weapons, backstory. I'm not a fan of everyone, but there are very few characters I actively dislike which is pretty surprising to me.

Yumi is the fucking worst.

Seriously such a terrible character.

joe2187

Banned
Some more Info on what the gameplay is going to be like

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/2...lay-sounds-like-senran-kagura-estival-versus/

The more you fight together as the pair of Rinka and Ranka Kagurazaka, their “Synchro Rate” increases, which will be accompanied by a change in their weapons and combos, in addition to various interaction scenes as they fight.

Again, when you launch powerful special attacks, it’ll break the costumes of both allies and enemies, so that’s already one thing the game has in common with the Senran Kagura series.

Sounds like it'll be a co-op musou brawler? who knows but it sounds fun either way.

Phillip Defranco talked about this on his show today. He has millions of subscribers so get that mind share to grow. Hopefully it gets enough attention for localization.

Shinypogs

Interesting that in the trailer you could see the two purple haired girls swapping which one is in weapon form. I wonder if doing so is unique to them or if all pairings can do that. This is like a weird combo of Soul eater and Loveless and I'm totally interested in both the game and the series that will come out of it

Josephl64

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-gameplay-and-characters-detailed

More info, particularly about some of the characters. I like the look of the new pairing more than the Kagurazaka sisters.

246867537s4rl8.jpg

I like the girl on the left and she's voiced by Hikasa Yoko...hopefully she's written and plays well.

i don't get why these devs are so intent on ignoring booties

he doesn't ignore them...he just has his priorities straight~

Top Bottom