• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie Drive -Bhikkhuni- |OT| Weaponized women powered by pleasure

God damn, the audio glitches out a lot in this game. The attack SFX completely disappeared, as well as the characters attack cries. This seems to happen pretty frequently in the dressing room too :\.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, had the sound glitch in the dressing room a few times, like not hearing the hearts above the character's head. Was it this glitchy in the JPN version?

MetalDeer

So, does the free high quality sound pack seem to help the crashes/issues? Just wondering if I should bother making space for it when I get the game next week.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone have pictures of the VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- Paradise Swimsuit Set?

Edit: Seems these are the pictures of both the main set and alt set

5ugzha8.png

O80LUce.png

Fucking christ, I don't think I've ever hated a fictional character as much as I hate Mana. Anytime the game makes me play as her it makes me genuinely angry.

Anyone have pictures of the VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- Paradise Swimsuit Set?

Edit: Seems these are the pictures of both the main set and alt set

5ugzha8.png

O80LUce.png

Yup, those are the Paradise Swimsuits. A little bit of trivia about them:

The black variants were a bonus included in the first Blu Ray volume of the anime and until the Bikini Party Edition that was the only way to get them in Japan. I was pretty surprised by PQube including them like this for the west.

Now, the Bikini Party Edition includes two more Paradise Swimsuits

lNF5eF6.jpg

Lorelei and Otohime. The interesting part about this is that the other three swimsuits are named after the currently known islands in the franchise. So if the pattern holds true for the new ones, we might know the names of the final two islands.

Fucking christ, I don't think I've ever hated a fictional character as much as I hate Mana. Anytime the game makes me play as her it makes me genuinely angry.

Proof enough the game has an above the average writing at least.

Welp. Here I was thinking that I was almost done with the game, and suddenly there's 8 more missions to do. Not that I haven't been enjoying the game but it is kind of getting repetitive with only a handful of characters to have boss fights against, although fighting the 4 pillar beasts have definitely been the highlight of the game for me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Think it's time I gave Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls a rest & come back to this.

Is there no way to check during a mission if it has the chest keeper or a secret mission? I know there's an icon under your health if it has the fragments in the level & which ones you've collected.

Think it's time I gave Neptune vs. Sega Hard Girls a rest & come back to this.

Is there no way to check during a mission if it has the chest keeper or a secret mission? I know there's an icon under your health if it has the fragments in the level & which ones you've collected.

The small blurb accompanying the missions in the mission select menu shows the collectibles on that level. Secret Mission is shown with a castle icon, Chest Keepers with an "underwear token" and the three fragments if there are.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I usually just cancel & go to the mission select instead of continuing to the next mission after completing a previous one to see if it has the stuff to collect. I just wish there was something during the mission itself so I didn't have to constantly go back to mission select to keep the flow going.

This final battle against
Gundari
is fucking garbage.

Just like with the other
Pillar Gods, focus on destroying her cores. Destroying them earns you a free Synchro stock that you can use to drive and then use your drive breaks to keep her down. If you're accurate and fast with your attacks is feasible to stunlock her to death. Although if she gets up after you've taken down half of her health, run. She will not only spawn the blue bird but she will also do the invincible spinning attack that will kill you if hits you.

suikodan

Yup, those are the Paradise Swimsuits. A little bit of trivia about them:

The black variants were a bonus included in the first Blu Ray volume of the anime and until the Bikini Party Edition that was the only way to get them in Japan. I was pretty surprised by PQube including them like this for the west.

More DLC is up.

Paradise Swimsuit Set ($12.99)

Are they unlockable in-game or I must buy them?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I'm so close to being done with the printer. Only five more to collect (1 Ultra Rare, 3 Super Rare, & 1 Normal). But my chances are 3% & if I hit the middle of the meter, it only ups it by one percent, so at this point, I'm just mashing the X button over & over.

Also damn, had a major sound glitch in one of the mission where almost all the battle sfx were muted aside from Phantom stuff & the music.

Why do I get the feeling that getting all the DLC for this is gonna be way harder and more expensive than Estival Versus ;__;

Well no, Bhikkhuni's DLC is cheaper simply because isn't a lot. I think that SV and BA have more DLC.

Oh god, I'm so close to being done with the printer. Only five more to collect (1 Ultra Rare, 3 Super Rare, & 1 Normal). But my chances are 3% & if I hit the middle of the meter, it only ups it by one percent, so at this point, I'm just mashing the X button over & over.

Also damn, had a major sound glitch in one of the mission where almost all the battle sfx were muted aside from Phantom stuff & the music.

I'm missing two sets and the chances at this point are just 1% no matter what I do. So yeah.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally got the last Normal I needed, plus another SR. But yeah, I'm at 1% & hitting the middle of the meter is just 2%. Maybe I'll get lucky & have spent 1 million points before getting the final 3 that I need.

SephLuis

I just started the game and I help with Dining Room thing.

There's those big yellow heart above the characters, but when I speak to them them say something quick and nothing more happens. I was expecting a scene or something like that.
The heart also remains, so am I missing something in here ? If yes, how can I trigger those events ?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's 3 times/levels of affection for characters. Once the heart meter in status reaches specific points/is completely full, there'll be an "!" above the character, that's when you should talk to them. The hearts are to help when you're not playing as those characters.

I just started the game and I help with Dining Room thing.

There's those big yellow heart above the characters, but when I speak to them them say something quick and nothing more happens. I was expecting a scene or something like that.
The heart also remains, so am I missing something in here ? If yes, how can I trigger those events ?

You have to tap the floating hearts in the touchscreen. This will fill the heart meter. And that in turn will unlock a special scene between the girls.

I've gotten that glitch like 5 times, infinite loading screens/Black screen like 20 times and had a crash during the second boss fight. It's ridiculous how buggy this game is and I haven't even finished it yet (16 hours of play).

Also just had three invisible/invincible enemy's spawn which I know they're there because I can see their thruster fire and my lock on still works on them... I do hope there is a patch on the way because if not I don't think I'll keep on playing once I beat it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
wtf, so I was starting Drive 16-A & noticed a really weird line of "-2146826259". I tried taking a screencap, but it made the "skip?" option pop up & for some reason confirmed the option despite not pressing start a second time.

Granted, the line spoken is pretty much just "huh?" so not like you were missing any info, but still, how did they miss that?

wtf, so I was starting Drive 16-A & noticed a really weird line of "-2146826259". I tried taking a screencap, but it made the "skip?" option pop up & for some reason confirmed the option despite not pressing start a second time.

Granted, the line spoken is pretty much just "huh?" so not like you were missing any info, but still, how did they miss that?
That's the second time I have seen it, the first being on one of the girls heart story. As to how they missed it I think it's clear they didn't spent too much time on QA, I have lost progress two times on Drive 16-A because of infinite loading (no joke, I have had to restart the game over 60 times on my almost 25 hours of gameplay and that's between Vita and PSTV so it's not because of my device).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I must've had to restart the game close to 10 times because of the game crashing when leaving the dressing room or just not wanting to load when I try to enter or leave the store.

Really wish there was a patch out to fix this, easily one of the buggiest Vita games I've played.

Edit: I will also say around Drive 14 is when the story finally starts to get more interesting.

I must've had to restart the game close to 10 times because of the game crashing when leaving the dressing room or just not wanting to load when I try to enter or leave the store.

Really wish there was a patch out to fix this, easily one of the buggiest Vita games I've played.

Edit: I will also say around Drive 14 is when the story finally starts to get more interesting.
If it was only the store I wouldn't mind it as much but I also have had crashes when I finish a mission or during a boss battle. I really like the game, much better than the SK versus series for me and I love the designs and concept (Big fan of Soul Eater so I like the partner that transforms into a weapon theme), but the constant crashes and having to replay the missions because of it is really testing my patience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally, got the 10th accessory slot. Once I finish Drive 16-C, I'll get the trophy for that. Feel like I should be close to getting all the clothing, lingerie, & accessories in the store as well. I've only had new accessories to buy & that's it. Kind of a bummer that the game is lacking in clothing when SK had a decent amount to unlock.

Edit: So, the fight against the 4th pillar god....
It's kind of annoying how it's constantly moving & getting rid of your lock on, but as soon as I was able to destroy one of the cores (which was about half its health), it let me easily destroy the others, making the fight muucchhhh easier since it was stuck in its stun state.

Yeah, in any fight against the Pillar Gods your priority should be destroying their cores. Not only will make them a ton of damage, it will also leave them vulnerable to your attacks.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
FINALLY, I got everything from the lingerie printer. Now I need to spend a ton of money on it.....Doesn't help it doesn't tell you how much you've spent....

...speaking of which, oh god, 5 million EXP required, yet I'm close to beating the game (I assume)& I barely have hit 500,000....& I only defeated 2,700+ enemies out of 10,000. Sure hope Survival or Challenge Mode will help with some of the grinding.

Also, what're the max levels for Liberator & Drive?

Edit: how the bloody hell do you get Phantom Blast Ultimate? Every time I do Phantom Blast & try to chase the enemy, it NEVER want me to go anywhere near the enemy. I can't even perform an Xtreme.

....nevermind, FINALLY got lucky & had to do it near the wall and hope the enemy wouldn't get free from it.

FINALLY, I got everything from the lingerie printer. Now I need to spend a ton of money on it.....Doesn't help it doesn't tell you how much you've spent....

...speaking of which, oh god, 5 million EXP required, yet I'm close to beating the game (I assume)& I barely have hit 500,000....& I only defeated 2,700+ enemies out of 10,000. Sure hope Survival or Challenge Mode will help with some of the grinding.

Also, what're the max levels for Liberator & Drive?

Edit: how the bloody hell do you get Phantom Blast Ultimate? Every time I do Phantom Blast & try to chase the enemy, it NEVER want me to go anywhere near the enemy. I can't even perform an Xtreme.

....nevermind, FINALLY got lucky & had to do it near the wall and hope the enemy wouldn't get free from it.

In the japanese version I only had 3 million EXP after getting all the fragments and SS ranking every level in the game. So yeah, it will take a bit. The best way to grind for experience is in Order 20. A gives you 25k EXP per 2 minute stage and B gives you 45k per four minute stage.

Also, keep in mind that neither Challenge mode nor Survival mode grant experience.

Liberator caps at level 50 and Extar at 15.

test_account

XP-39C²
Got my Limited Edition today. Kinda disappointed that the game isnt included in the box, i thought it would be a complete package. Was this the case with Gal Gun as well?

This week's DLC is already up on the Europe PSN.

The first Costume Pack £6.49
Includes
•VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- School Swimsuit
•VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- Gym Clothes
•VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- Cheerleader
•VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI- Shell Swimsuit

And the Accessory pack made from last week's accessories is also available now.

Accessory Set 1 £5.35

Includes
•Scrunchie
•Corsage
•Flower Crown
•Fox Ears
•Elf Ears
•Droopy Elf Ears
•Cyber Cat Ears
•Cat-Eared Hood
•Butterfly Hairpin
•Earring

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Beginner & Intermediate challenges weren't too bad.

.....*tries first Advanced challenge*

....do a Phantom Delude

.........TWICE...

...............WITHOUT TAKING ANY DAMAGE..........

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
can I mail one of you my Vita w/ my copy of the game so you can do this phantom delude challenge for me

jesus, it should NOT be this hard to dodge while dashing, but half the freakin' time, it does a move you CAN'T or have an extremely hard time doing the delude move on, & the one move I DO WANT IT TO DO, IT ALMOST NEVER DOES IT.

and the fact you can't take a single damn hit makes it so infuriating because of all the time wasted seeing FAILURE and going to the results & reloading the mission & i simply hate this mission so much, why is this only on Advanced & not the final set of missions, god....

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What gets me is that, trying the other Advance challenges, they're not too bad. Two are just racing to checkpoints (as is the 5th challenge you unlock) & the "defeat all enemies without taking damage" just requires understanding the wave of enemies & who to focus on.

It's going to suck if that one mission is the only thing preventing me from getting a platinum.....

Edit: WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL, this "defeat all enemies without taking damage" challenge shouldn't be as hard as well. Wanna use Mana, the ranged character to not risk getting close? NAH, WON'T WORK. Wanna use a quick character to quickly dodge? NAH, WON'T WORK. I made it to the final wave once & tend to average about the 3rd wave, but I get hit by something I couldn't see or, DESPITE BEING IN THE FREAKIN' AIR, the shockwave attack from the giant robot thing.

Is just a matter of practice. I had to spend like one hour trying before I nailed the timing when I was playing the japanese version.

In my experience, the easiest attack to Delude is Kongo's jumping stomp. Is telegraphed pretty well and sine the dodge is actually done in the air you have a certain lenience.

Oh right, the not getting damage challenge can get pretty difficult. Your best choice is to use Drive Breaks every time a robot shows up and be constantly on the move. I used Mirei and still took a few tries.

Ramune

Got my Limited Edition today. Kinda disappointed that the game isnt included in the box, i thought it would be a complete package. Was this the case with Gal Gun as well?

Finally got my copy as well and was surprised by the segmented goodies. But Gal Gun had EVERYTHING in that big oversized box. But THAT wasn't really organized either, so I can't say I was disappointed here as I personally would have had the game case out of the box anyway. Also appreciate the MUCH smaller and durable box these extras come in!

Top Bottom