• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A NeoGAF iPhone Web App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoco

Banned
petethepanda said:
I've been using this a lot, it's great. Especially love how it highlights your posts/quotes.
If you have a modern browser, you can get that awesomeness on your desktop or laptop too.

Baconbitz

Banned
Subscribed thread page is not positioned right
QiHA1s.jpg

pmEuSs.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Are banned people showing up as red now? Since I'm here, wondering if the avatar space is going to be reworked for the new size. All the new avatars are a bit smaller now.

elfinke

mattiewheels said:
Are banned people showing up as red now? Since I'm here, wondering if the avatar space is going to be reworked for the new size. All the new avatars are a bit smaller now.
Re: the banned people being red, I thought my new phone was trolling me, or perhaps there had been some great moderator purge I had missed the thread on :S

Yes, I'm getting the red = banned person thing as well.

Recently upgraded to an iphone4 (from 3GS) and have temporary possession of an iPad 2 - this app is one of the greatest productivity killers I know of!

kehs

Banned
Ckohler: is it within the scope of html to check a device for it's connectivity type? For example, to not load avatars/pictures if the deviceis on 3g and only do so in wifi. If not, how about a latency check to differentiate between a show network and a fast one for the same purpose?

Kimosabae

Banned
Hey guys, someone sold me a iphone 3G with a cracked screen and some sort of malfunction. It keeps waking up out of sleep every few seconds, which kills the battery within minutes. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this malfunction and how much it may cost to fix, along with the screen. I also need to Jailbreak it, so if the cost is too high I may just return it to him.

CzarTim

Kimosabae said:
Hey guys, someone sold me a iphone 3G with a cracked screen and some sort of malfunction. It keeps waking up out of sleep every few seconds, which kills the battery within minutes. Just wondering if anyone has heard of this malfunction and how much it may cost to fix, along with the screen. I also need to Jailbreak it, so if the cost is too high I may just return it to him.

Phoenix

Kimosabae said:

Did he sell it to you via the iPhone Web App or is this just OT?

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Kimosabae said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's a 16 gig he sold to me for $20 lol. Can we take this a bit more seriously now?
You should ask in the Bin Laden thread - much more traffic there.

numble

Kimosabae said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention that it's a 16 gig he sold to me for $20 lol. Can we take this a bit more seriously now?
iFixit.com is the most expensive place to fix the screen. There are other places online that can replace the screen for cheap.

You pretty much can replace everything but the main internal electronics.

Kimosabae

Banned
The hell's up with avvy quoting?

numble said:
iFixit.com is the most expensive place to fix the screen. There are other places online that can replace the screen for cheap.

You pretty much can replace everything but the main internal electronics.

I think I'm going to get the screen replaced on college campus.

Anyone ever heard of the malfunction I'm referring to? Google searches return nothing.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Kimosabae said:
Ha, is this for real? You realize this is the wrong thread, right?

numble

Kimosabae said:
The hell's up with avvy quoting?

I think I'm going to get the screen replaced on college campus.

Anyone ever heard of the malfunction I'm referring to? Google searches return nothing.
What country do you live in?
It's possible that your "power button" is broken.

And yes, this is the wrong thread.

Jasoco

Banned
Complex Shadow said:
Is there any way to multi qoute
Sure you can. Just follow this simple 9+ step process!

1) Press Quote.
2) Then press the name of the person on the Post screen.
3) Select all the text including the Quote tags and COPY it to the pasteboard.
4) Go back to the thread.
5) Press Quote on the next person.
6) Press the name to edit their quote like before.
7) Paste the previous quote into this box above the new one. Select all and Copy again.
8) Go back to the thread.
9) If you need more quotes, go to step 5. If not, instead press Reply. NOT Quote.
Paste your previous compendium of the quotes into this empty box and post away.

Ken

Did the app just stop working for anyone else? Whenever I use the secondapps link to get to a thread it loads into the regular website. Oddly enough the main mobile page still works.

Edit: Apparently it still works on my iPhone but not my iPad. Using Atomic browser by the way.

Oppo

No, mine's working.

By the way, if you haven't used this yet, this is THE way to browse GAF on iPhone or iPad. Was so glad when I found this in one of the welcome-newbs thread.

Ken

Hm figured it out. Had to set Atomic browser to be identified as Mobile Safari for iPad rather than Default Mobile Safari. Not sure why it suddenly changed though.

Enzom21

Ken said:
Did the app just stop working for anyone else? Whenever I use the secondapps link to get to a thread it loads into the regular website. Oddly enough the main mobile page still works.

Edit: Apparently it still works on my iPhone but not my iPad. Using Atomic browser by the way.
Do you have atomic browser set to identify itself as something other than mobile safari?

Ken

enzom21 said:
Do you have atomic browser set to identify itself as something other than mobile safari?
I always had it set to the default setting which is labeled "Default - Mobile Safari." That setting always worked with the app until a few minutes ago when it didn't. Switching to another option called "Mobile Safari - iPad" brought back the app but then enabled some other site's mobile version which I couldn't turn off for some reason. Ended up reinstalling Atomic and now the app works with the default setting again.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
This thing is incredible. I've browsed a few forums with so called "mobile versions" and they are never ANYWHERE NEAR as good the Neogaf one by ckohler.

How hard would it be to build something like this with no previous programming or web development experience? Impossible right? Just checking. Edit: You know what forget I even asked that. It's a fucking insult to ckohler and I'm deeply ashamed of myself right now.

Angelcurio

I am getting a problem with seconapps since this morning. When i try to acces it, i get a http 400 error when surfing on a Blackberry 8520. I have been using this app for more than six months without a problem until today.

Angelcurio said:
I am getting a problem with seconapps since this morning. When i try to acces it, i get a http 400 error when surfing on a Blackberry 8520. I have been using this app for more than six months without a problem until today.
No problems on my iPhone or iPad.

Angelcurio

Problem finally resolved. I erased all cache, history, and made a hard reset by removing the battery. Now the page loads flawlessly.

ckohler: the app doesn't seem to let me post if the post starts with the "@" symbol. I'm not sure if other symbols are affected as well. Typing from an iPad, if that helps. Great app, btw.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Have to say, thanks for doing this it is my number one site on my Droid X and iPad 2.

My request, this is totally a side thing and not necessary, but is it possible to do some different themes? Or is that something not supported?

Would be cool to have a dark theme or something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom