• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Power July Preview Sonic Colors, De Blob: Underground

Boney

Banned
You know what I'd buy? A Sonic for the 3DS in which he does that sideways loop from Sonic 2 and goes out of the screen when he does that. I don't care if the game is crappy. Do that Sega and you get my money.

Hey guys! Did you hear?

Sonic's back!

In POG form!

asonicpog.jpg

Boney

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
This is the key component to Sega's Sonic strategy of the last decade.
I've always wanted to see that and to me, in this specific scenario is more important than the whole game. Yes, Sega's strategy is to appeal to our childhoods, and with this they do it for me.

The Hermit

Lol @Sonic Reborn!
It's like NP hobby is to get sonic fans hyped so Sega can squish their dreams over and over again...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Boney said:
You know what I'd buy? A Sonic for the 3DS in which he does that sideways loop from Sonic 2 and goes out of the screen when he does that. I don't care if the game is crappy. Do that Sega and you get my money.
You know what I'd buy? de Blob 2! and I will!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The funniest thing is that NP always gives an 8/10 to Sonic games no matter how crappy, then when the next one is announced they always badmouth it to prop the new one up. :lol

wRATH2x

Banned
I liked Sonic and the Secret Rings. That baffles even me, but I actually enjoyed playing it. I heard the black knight really sucked though.

This game just looks even stupider than all the other premises with an even worse name. The aliens are some of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen designed, them flying around with an oversized blue hedgehog just makes it all the more funny.

Add to that the different looking aliens will most definitely add another realm of "gameplay" that will most likely not make any sense and get in the way of many other "gameplay" features. One alien will have a list of "fun" minigames you can play using the waggle mechanics of the wii creatively and cleverly! Sonic will obviously want to save them for Robo.. I'm sorry Eggman once again sticking his dick wherever just to rule the world and fuck with sonic. Sonic will be going so fast you can hardly see where you are going(just like the old days right?). In the end there is this real evil that is much more of a threat than some fat guy making defective machinery and Sonic beats him through transforming of course(Sonic was always supportive of the transsexual movement!) and yippee kay yay we have ourselves a game!

So predictable, dumb and bad I wish Sega would get a clue already. Minecart jumping, werehog transforming, storybook reading motherfucker.

legend166

People need to stop focusing on the platformer that is obviously going to suck and start focusing on the platformer that has a chance to be really good.

de Blob 2.

wrowa

wRATH2x said:
This game just looks even stupider than all the other premises with an even worse name.
It's a bit too early to say something like this, isn't it? We haven't even seen a single screenshot yet. Sure, those flying Luma rip-offs look hilarious, but you probably won't see them half of the time in the game, just as you don't see the Lumas in Mario Galaxy half of the time.

I'm not saying that this game will be any good - with Black Knight the storybook team has succesfully proved that Secret Rings was decent by accident and that they don't understand at all, why the game wasn't as bad as many other of the recent Sonics -, but we should wait at least until the NP scans are leaked, before we dismiss the game because of some "gimmicks" or because it is looking like trash.

Hero of Legend said:
Definitely the one thing I disliked about the game. :/

Yeah. I got it really cheap so it didn't bother that much but it's one of the things I'd like to see improved in the sequel besides shorter levels.

wRATH2x

Banned
wrowa said:
It's a bit too early to say something like this, isn't it? We haven't even seen a single screenshot yet. Sure, those flying Luma rip-offs look hilarious, but you probably won't see them half of the time in the game, just as you don't see the Lumas in Mario Galaxy half of the time.

I'm not saying that this game will be any good - with Black Knight the storybook team has succesfully proved that Secret Rings was decent by accident and that they don't understand at all, why the game wasn't as bad as many other of the recent Sonics -, but we should wait at least until the NP scans are leaked, before we dismiss the game because of some "gimmicks" or because it is looking like trash.
Don't go in to the Sonic cycle! Leave now and keep your sanity!

g.r.e. said:
**picture**

The Sonic cycle will live forever!:lol

While I'm sure you meant to this pic to be funny, jokes that rely on using "Faggot" and "Fags" is very offensive to many including myself.

Saint10118 said:
While I'm sure you meant to this pic to be funny, jokes that rely on using "Faggot" and "Fags" is very offensive to many including myself.

It also stopped being funny in the late 90s.

Andrex said:
The funniest thing is that NP always gives an 8/10 to Sonic games no matter how crappy, then when the next one is announced they always badmouth it to prop the new one up. :lol
Exactly.

And the whole point is piss all SEGAboys that somehow are still alive.

Sciz

wrowa said:
I think the director changed between the two games.

Lijik

Teknoman said:
They took it out.
Yeah.
And Black Knight is a game on the shelves.

So I think I'm pretty damn safe in declaring the Mine Cart level worse than Sonic and the Black Knight

Teknoman

Lijik said:
Yeah.
And Black Knight is a game on the shelves.

So I think I'm pretty damn safe in declaring the Mine Cart level worse than Sonic and the Black Knight

I dunno...I mean if Black Knight had somehow leaked before hand, they probably would've canceled the entire game :lol

Lijik said:
Yeah I was looking at those and wondering if the guy took them with his cellphone

In his car :lol

They are camera shots, be thankful these were done at all!

The issue's only a few days away, this is merely a glance to tell how it actually looks and proves that what the guy said was true.

Skiesofwonder said:
Well it's .... colorful.

Given some of the uncolorful Sonic games that have been released as of late(Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, Shadow the Hedgehog, and even Sonic Adventure 2 to an extent), that isn't necessarily a light statement to make.

Beth Cyra

Segata Sanshiro said:
There are different development teams that release under "Sonic Team", or rather, there were. Sonic Team Japan did Sonic Adventure, Sonic & the Black Knight, Sonic & the Secret Ring, Sonic Unleashed (PS3/360 versions all, Werehog levels only for Wii version), Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, and Sonic Riders, while Sonic Team USA (now defunct) did NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes. Then there's DIMPS, who also release under Sonic Team's label with Sonic Advance series, Sonic Rush series, Sonic Unleashed (daytime Wii levels only), and Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Currently the Sonic Team power structure most closely resembles the defunct Sonic Team USA/SEGA Studios USA.

Okay I maybe an american, but now I fucking agree with everyone else that hates us. How the fuck did we allow ourselves to be the creators of Shawdow of all things?

Lazy copy paste from NoGintendo

Sonic Colors

- Powerups include: Drill, laser suit, rocket suit.
- Wii version similar to Unleashed, DS version similar to Sonic Rush

de Blob 2

- Jump with A
- co-op mode with second Wiimote pointer
- Lots of 2D sections
- more linear
- 'interesting level design'

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Tracklist thus far

Dancing through Sunday-AFI
Children of the Grave-Black Sabbath
What Do I Get-Buzzc*cks
If You Want Peace...Prepare for War-Children of Bodom
Fascination Street-The Cure
Pour Some Sugar on Me-Def Leppard
Bloodlines-Dethklok
Fury of the Storm-Dragonforce
Been Caught Stealing-Jane's Addiction
Love Gun-Kiss
Sudden Death-Megadeth
Paranoid-Metallica+Ozzy
Uprising-Muse
I'm Not Okay-My Chemical Romance
Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen
Waidmanns Heil-Rammstein
There's No Secrets This Year-Silversun Pickups
Chemical Warfare-Slayer
Sharp Dressed Man-ZZ Top

Reviews:

Mario Galaxy 2-9.5
Arc Rise Fantasia-7.5
Dragon Ball: Origins 2-8.0
Tiger Woods 11 (Wii)-9.0
Green Day: Rock Band-8.0
Mega Man Zero Collection-9.0
River City Soccer Hooligans-7.0
Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow-7.5
Tetris Party Deluxe-8.5
Iron Man 2 (Wii)-4.0
Iron Man 2 (DS)-6.5

Nothing reall-HOLY FUCK JUMP WITH A IN DEBLOBTWO GOTY RIGHT HERE SUCK IT GALAXYMETOO

Top Bottom