• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
day 1
played the arcade version (not FR) a bunch at R1. so nice to finally have a new 3D fighter.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
They aren't so much Tekken 5 outfits as they are legacy outfits. Paul has had his red gi since Tekken 1, Hehachi his black Gi, and so on. It's same as older Tekkens, one legacy outfit, one crazy new one.

Yeah, but if you look at the details, these models have been carried over and updated based specifically on their Tekken 5 designs. Paul had a red gi in Tekken 1, but it didn't have torn sleeves, the character on the left breast, or the solid black obi until Tekken 3. Even from Tekken 3 to 5, there were at least one minor change; the hand wraps that reach past his gloves. From Tekken 5 onwards, however, nothing about the design has changed, not even minor details. That's why I say Tekken 5 costume.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tekken 7 |OT| Your favorite characters are in the trash where they belong

So in Tekken 7 roster?
1478237733-oprah-gif-1.gif

;)

cordy

Banned
Damn that soundtrack link showed me something I shouldn't have seen. Damn. Officially staying away from all links related to the game now.

cordy

Banned
Ohhh ok, sorry about that. They went all out with giving you all the music from the series making this the best version of Tekken Tunes for sure.

It's all good it wasn't a major spoiler just a small one towards an old remixed track. I'm hyped about hearing it so I can wait lol.

lupinko

Is Tekken more popular in Korea than Japan?
I noticed most people commenting or streaming etc is Koreans

Tekken is an esport in Korea, but they're trying to make it an esport in Japan (also just esports in general here).

Prior to Tekken 5, Japan didn't care much for Tekken, it was always Korea's game. But Japan jumped in at 5/DR and the rivalry has been there ever since.

It first exploded when Nin swept SBO with Steve in 5.

It also helps Tekken in Japan that since VF is pretty much gone, those players jumped over too. When not including Gundam, Tekken is the most successful, as in most played and the highest earner in Japanese arcades.

I love the Tekken soundtracks enough to get extremely salty that Jukebox mode is PS4 exclusive...I do want the Steam version because it's the platform I'm most active on. :(

BigEmil

Tekken is an esport in Korea, but they're trying to make it an esport in Japan (also just esports in general here).

Prior to Tekken 5, Japan didn't care much for Tekken, it was always Korea's game. But Japan jumped in at 5/DR and the rivalry has been there ever since.

It first exploded when Nin swept SBO with Steve in 5.

It also helps Tekken in Japan that since VF is pretty much gone, those players jumped over too. When not including Gundam, Tekken is the most successful, as in most played and the highest earner in Japanese arcades.
Interestingg thanks!

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Well, since I'm not gonna be touching the game for a long ass time, decided to watch the full main story playthrough with English subs on YT.

It's, uh, definitely a step down from T6 (for what that's worth for fighting game stories lol), not to mention there's a big fat dangling thread left hanging.

Otherwise, I hope I get to see the side stories at least.

nynt9

Can someone boil down the single player content for me? I know there's story, treasure battle and arcade, but how much content is there really? I'm not great at fighting games, so I'm torn between this and IJ2. IJ2 probably has more content and polish, but I'm a lifelong Tekken fanboy since 3 and don't really care for DC characters. Is this still the better choice if all I want is single player?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can someone boil down the single player content for me? I know there's story, treasure battle and arcade, but how much content is there really? I'm not great at fighting games, so I'm torn between this and IJ2. IJ2 probably has more content and polish, but I'm a lifelong Tekken fanboy since 3 and don't really care for DC characters. Is this still the better choice if all I want is single player?

Story
Arcade
Treasure Battle
Versus
Training

Story mode is about 2 hours and 30 minutes or so from what Ive heard and unlocking customization items should take you a while to get it all for all characters.

Momentary

Banned
Is the PS4 Pro running this game at 4K? I'm seeing all these 4K videos online for the PS4 Pro, but the videos look like they are either low bitrate or they just used 4K to get the best possible bitrate for 1080p footage.

Is the game confirmed as native 1080p on PS4 Pro?

Is the PS4 Pro running this game at 4K? I'm seeing all these 4K videos online for the PS4 Pro, but the videos look like they are either low bitrate or they just used 4K to get the best possible bitrate for 1080p footage.

I heard it runs at 1080P on the Pro and it looks noticeably better than the PS4 version and the XBox One version which both run at 900P. 4K on the Pro would be glorious though, but I even doubt that it will run at 4K on the Scorpio.

Qvoth

probably will main feng, i liked his design ever since he 1st appeared
i heard bob is very weak now? shame cuz i like his design as well

Top Bottom