• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Readies Studio/Halo Anniversary Celebration and Aerospace Reveal

Dug

Banned
CortanaV said:
:( I don't know if we'll see more in stock. I bought several for some people I know that would like one... and one for my mom.
4D4o9.png

So they are planning on restocking them.

CortanaV

Neo Member
Deadly Cyclone said:
The Bungie Community forum is a scary place of repeat topics and bad information right now...
Implying that it isn't on a good day? Okay, on a good day it's not, I suppose. Just stick to the front page, twitter, and the big thread with the gold septagon for information for now.

missed out on a bag of swag, will keep half an eye on that for a while.
btw does anyone have a sizing chart for apparel off the bungie store?

also is international shipping just for 20th nniversary items or for everything?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ChenK said:

It's all different (at least for the anniversary tees). Urk said the XLs are made by American Apparel. Not sure what the others are.

TommyT

ChenK said:

To some extent. Check back a page for the discussion about XL+ being American Apparel and how they run.

Dug said:
4D4o9.png

So they are planning on restocking them.
I will be a sad Dax if I can't a Bag of Swag. Why, oh why did I not order one when I had the chance?

"You never know what you have until it's gone." Or something like that.

TommyT

Dax01 said:
I will be a sad Dax if I can't a Bag of Swag. Why, oh why did I not order one when I had the chance?

:\ I got lucky... just pure happenstance. Anyways, if you read a few tweets before that it says they are going to put more up just ask Urk has confirmed. I'd imagine keep an eye on their twitter or just spam f5.

(Right thread this time.)

via the Bungie twitter account:
Just confirmed we'll also be auctioning off the @RoosterTeeth Sgt. Johnson Macaroni Statue, too. Yes, it's real. #Bungies20th​
Want.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
bungietweets Bungie
Bags O' Swag won't be restocked today. I'll give a heads up when they're in the pipe. Charity T-shirts/signed posters are still available.

Edit: Beaten by a second.

darthbob

Dax01 said:

I was taking a shower when they went on at 10:00 PDT.

Worst. Decision. Ever.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
ncsuDuncan said:
(Right thread this time.)

via the Bungie twitter account:
Just confirmed we'll also be auctioning off the @RoosterTeeth Sgt. Johnson Macaroni Statue, too. Yes, it's real. #Bungies20th​
Want.
Shit just got real(ly cheesey).

Thanks for the replies, but then I ordered one and got to the payment page.

$52 USD for a single t-shirt, which is around £33 and as much as i love bungie, i cant drop that on a t-shirt.

Heretic

Dax01 said:

My thoughts were: Bungie stuff!? Possibly Halo stuff!? I'm in!

zumphry

Banned
Just bought the Anniversary Shirt, guess I'll hopefully buy the Swag Bag tomorrow.

Sai-kun said:
Decided to go for the gold and get the poster pack as well.

I was either gonna get the Shirt+Swag Bag or The Ancients posters. Those things are sexy. Love to maybe see those designs on t-shirts someday.

Doodis

Damn, everything is sold out except the shirts. So much for contemplating a poster purchase. Just glad I got a shirt. That thing is so sexy.

Doodis said:
Damn, everything is sold out except the shirts. So much for contemplating a poster purchase. Just glad I got a shirt. That thing is so sexy.

It is very nice, im happy with my bag o' swag but a shirt would be icing on the cake.

I'm kinda surprised they're not doing a "double cR weekend" thing for this 20 year anniversary thing. Seems like the perfect time for it.

edit:
Izayoi said:
They should just automatically promote everyone to the 10,000,000cR mark.

A surprise bonus for playing a few games would be awesome.. Sadly, I don't really see it happening though.. lol.

Izayoi

Banned
matics said:
I'm kinda surprised they're not doing a "double cR weekend" thing for this 20 year anniversary thing. Seems like the perfect time for it.
They should just automatically promote everyone to the 10,000,000cR mark.

Doodis

matics said:
They may. There are still two more weekends before Bungie Day.

Izayoi

Banned
matics said:
A surprise bonus for playing a few games would be awesome.. Sadly, I don't really see it happening though.. lol.
Neuromancer said:
YESSSS

I never did unlock Master Chief or Johnson's voices in firefight =(
Credit gain is so brutally slow. Even farming every day like I did it would've taken nearly a year to hit cap, and that's six hours a day of Gruntpocalypse. Completely unreasonable, in my opinion.

Izayoi said:
Credit gain is so brutally slow. Even farming every day like I did it would've taken nearly a year to hit cap, and that's six hours a day of Gruntpocalypse. Completely unreasonable, in my opinion.
Yeah I gave up after a while, still had a great time with the game though. For months upon months I was literally playing every day.

Sai-kun

Banned
Izayoi said:

Well, this game hasn't even been out a year, and you literally gain nothing outside of cosmetic stuff from being the top 'rank', so I don't think it's too unfair for the last levels to take so long.

It is really grindy though. I would have preferred more 'ranks' and less CR per rank. Obviously the last levels could/would be insane, but it really is a drag sometimes.

CortanaV

Neo Member
ZayneH said:
I wonder if this Soffish packaging will be in one of the bags? Or an Action Sack inside the Bag of Swag because Bungie heard that we like sacks.
I don't think that there are piles of those at the studio, and they'd seem delicate, considering the age.

By the way, I love your Marathon Infinity avatar.

"I know who you are. You are destiny."

wwm0nkey

CortanaV said:
I don't think that there are piles of those at the studio, and they'd seem delicate, considering the age.

By the way, I love your Marathon Infinity avatar.

"I know who you are. You are destiny."

Destiny is a new Marathon game confirmed! :lol

Really do like the new avatar though, pretty bad ass.

CortanaV

Neo Member
wwm0nkey said:
Destiny is a new Marathon game confirmed! :lol

Really do like the new avatar though, pretty bad ass.
Hardy har har.

During the whole slew of drama with Kotaku AU about "Destiny" and the fired contractors, I assumed that the name came from that line.

Whatever. We'll just have to wait and see!

wwm0nkey

CortanaV said:
Hardy har har.

During the whole slew of drama with Kotaku AU about "Destiny" and the fired contractors, I assumed that the name came from that line.

Whatever. We'll just have to wait and see!
No actually Destiny is there new game, they even have the logo trademarked and everything lol

destiny-bungie-software-mmo-trademark-news.jpg

Also the contractors where not fired, their contacts just expired and one of them decided to be all bitchy about it

wwm0nkey said:
No actually Destiny is there new game, they even have the logo trademarked and everything lol

Also the contractors where not fired, their contacts just expired and one of them decided to be all bitchy about it

It could be something that brings marathon back into the forefront. Destiny could be a MMO set in the marathon universe at a later or earlier period than marathon.

wwm0nkey

StalkerUKCG said:
It could be something that brings marathon back into the forefront. Destiny could be a MMO set in the marathon universe at a later or earlier period than marathon.
You know, I could see that happening.

Sadly we wont know till they reveal their game (probably next year)

CortanaV

Neo Member
wwm0nkey said:

I know that Destiny is trademarked, etc. but there are also so many other new trademarks! Destiny is the only one with an image (if I recall correctly) other than Aerospace.

The only source saying that it is an MMO and that Destiny is the game are the alleged former employees. Assuming those sources are false, it would have been easy to grab the name from some legal archive pertaining to Bungie and go off of previous rumor and speculation.

FyreWulff

StalkerUKCG said:

They've stated numerous times that it's a completely new IP. I wouldn't put Marathon references past them to show up in game, but it's basically confirmed to not actually be in the universe of any of their other games.

CortanaV

Neo Member
FyreWulff said:
They've stated numerous times that it's a completely new IP. I wouldn't put Marathon references past them to show up in game, but it's basically confirmed to not actually be in the universe of any of their other games.
Sweet Jesus, thank you. I've said this so many times, my face may have turned blue on occasion.

What part of "new" don't people get?

CortanaV said:
Sweet Jesus, thank you. I've said this so many times, my face may have turned blue on occasion.

What part of "new" don't people get?

Its not like im ignoring people who say this. New however is a subjective term in this situation. Halo could be a new universe in regards to marathon however despite claims against it alot of little winks and nods seem to suggest at least some connection between these universes.

Destiny will most likely be a new universe but the "new" may only concern the major plot elements and the fact they wont tie to the marathon story arc, the existing universe could be utilized. Destiny could be so far removed from marathon that it on the surface is new (much like halo is) but winks and nods here and there could be all thats needed to link the universes.

CortanaV

Neo Member
StalkerUKCG said:
Its not like im ignoring people who say this. New however is a subjective term in this situation. Halo could be a new universe in regards to marathon however despite claims against it alot of little winks and nods seem to suggest at least some connection between these universes.

Destiny will most likely be a new universe but the "new" may only concern the major plot elements and the fact they wont tie to the marathon story arc, the existing universe could be utilized. Destiny could be so far removed from marathon that it on the surface is new (much like halo is) but winks and nods here and there could be all thats needed to link the universes.
I can see how that works. I just get frustrated when people start asking for a Marathon/PiD sequel or something blatantly from the same universe.

Coolwhip

Banned
I'm curious what Bungie comes up with. I always thought Halo was pretty mediocre and that the sequels were not really great improvements over the original Halo. So I'm pretty sceptical.

Top Bottom