• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT| My prospects are better than yours

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guy for RDS mentioned the possibility of Boucher being brought in as an assistant which would be very interesting to say the least, and would ease the non firing of Therrien.

Solo

Not adding fuel to the fire, but clearly there IS a rift in the locker room and Subban isn't well liked.

Subban donated $10M to a children's hospital this off-season. His team didn't vote him Captain afterwards. Okay, fair enough on that one. BUT Subban donated $10M to a children's hospital and would win the Clancy award for humanitarian work hands down, none of the other teams' nominees would even be close.....except for the fact that his own teammates didn't vote for him and instead voted for Pacioretty, to get the nomination. Who donates $10M and doesn't get nominated by his team for the Clancy award? A guy who isn't well liked.

Combine that with Therrien hating him and MB being forced by Molson to pay him in 2014, and I'm absolutely certain our inept management team is trying to shop him. Is there a deal to be made? Who knows. Do I expect Subban to be moved? Not really. Do I think they are shopping him between now and July 1st? 200% yes.

Red_Man

If there *is* a rift in the room between Subban / other guys, you move the other guys. Not even a question.

We think this year was bad, we can even imagine what an entire season without Subban on the back end would be like. We'd be in the lottery for the next 5 years.

Solo

I'd move Patch if I were moving any of the "core" pieces (of which there are only like 6 players: Subban, Price, BGally, AGally, Patches and maybe Beaulieu).

Red_Man

I'd move Patch if I were moving any of the "core" pieces (of which there are only like 6 players: Subban, Price, BGally, AGally, Patches and maybe Beaulieu).
This would be a really surprising move, I could see it if Bergevin really feels that rift is too big to overcome, but we would get fleeced so hard on any Patches trade.

Solo

This would be a really surprising move, I could see it if Bergevin really feels that rift is too big to overcome, but we would get fleeced so hard on any Patches trade.

But would we? He's on a sweet deal now, but he's going to get paid next time, and he's nearing the age where production tends to drop.

I'm sure he'd love to be a Ranger.....

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Subban deserves better. Drives me crazy the way he has been treated since day one by the media and even his own team.

yyzjohn

Banned
Trade Patches?
Trade Subban?

RwHUzWJ.jpg

LevelNth

Banned
But would we? He's on a sweet deal now, but he's going to get paid next time, and he's nearing the age where production tends to drop.
More likely to get a worse (comparative) return on Subban, I agree. Not to mention you might also have to retain, whereas Patches' contract can fit anywhere.

Red_Man

Maybe we shouldn't give Brian Wilde any attention because he's an idiot. This guy is Montreal's Version of Steve Simmons.
What? Wilde is one of the best Habs beat writer, easily one of the most sane anyways. If he says this, I don't doubt the validity, but I also don't think it's realistic that they actually go through with it.

What? Wilde is one of the best Habs beat writer, easily one of the most sane anyways. If he says this, I don't doubt the validity, but I also don't think it's realistic that they actually go through with it.

I don't trust him Red he's trying to stir up bullshit. Has anything he said this year came true?

zroid

Banned
Spieth is magic on this course. Even when he's not in form he can come to The Masters and dominate, lol.

Quick

Banned
Excited for the Jays Home Opener?

I was hoping Price vs Stroman.

I wish I was going to the home opener.

I was able to get home opener tickets for the 2012 and 2013 seasons right by first base. It was great.

I can only imagine the atmosphere live tonight.

I wish I was going to the home opener.

I was able to get home opener tickets for the 2012 and 2013 seasons right by first base. It was great.

I can only imagine the atmosphere live tonight.

Gonna be hype. Looking forward to watching it later tonight.

Spieth is magic on this course. Even when he's not in form he can come to The Masters and dominate, lol.

I was hoping another player would be close to him but at this point he is running away with it. All my interest is gone almost and I love watching this tourney only second behind the British Open.

Just want a competitive tourney.

Yawnier

Banned
I find it hard to get into baseball this early in the year/season cause there are so many fucking games

Like the Blue Jays could lose the next 20 games and not be out of it.

I find it hard to get into baseball this early in the year/season cause there are so many fucking games

Like the Blue Jays could lose the next 20 games and not be out of it.

I like early/midseason baseball the most.

Watching games in May-July are my favorite times to watch baseball. Such a fun chill time

I was hoping another player would be close to him but at this point he is running away with it. All my interest is gone almost and I love watching this tourney only second behind the British Open.

Just want a competitive tourney.

It's only Friday. Plenty of time for someone to make a run and/or Spieth to fall back.

LevelNth

Banned
Man, one of Garcia, Willett, Rose, Lowry or Mcilroy better hit some birdies before close today, or Spieth better drop a few. I don't want a runaway Masters winner two years in a row making the weekend boring.

Man, one of Garcia, Willett, Rose, Lowry or Mcilroy better hit some birdies before close today, or Spieth better drop a few. I don't want a runaway Masters winner two years in a row making the weekend boring.

McIlroy got off to a nice start but then doubled or tripled (can't remember which) and dropped back to where he started pretty much and never really got back on track

all these guys making excuses and Spieth just doin work

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guy for RDS mentioned the possibility of Boucher being brought in as an assistant which would be very interesting to say the least, and would ease the non firing of Therrien.
That's utterly stupid unless MB wants to seem like he "stands by" his guys. Just fire him now and replace him with Boucher if that's the case so he has the full training camp to get their shit in gear.

Merguson

Banned
That's utterly stupid unless MB wants to seem like he "stands by" his guys. Just fire him now and replace him with Boucher if that's the case so he has the full training camp to get their shit in gear.

After a couple of years, Stéphane Quintal can finally become the President of the Habs and fire Therrien.

I'm always surprised to see Garcia hanging around in most major tournaments. His longevity and consistency is pretty good, though with 0 major wins he's starting to look like this decade's Mickelson.

Top Bottom