• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2016 |OT2| I Want off Marc Bergevin's Wild Ride.

Socreges

Banned
Because ultimately, it's a dumb argument. And it reeks of the sort of superiority towards other sports I see from most fans of hockey.

You also fail to see the context: that the Jays have been shit for a long time, and made the ALCS in back to back to years. So excuse the players for wanting to celebrate.

Soc, as a counter point to your point about celebrating meaningless shit, lets go back shall we?

https://youtu.be/gmoqnNkUbAk

Is this meaningless shit? Oh, you just won a round in overtime against a hated rival. Stop celebrating.

https://youtu.be/gV_zcy3MSuE

Is this meaningless shit? Oh, you just won a round and are going into the Stanley Cup Final. Stop celebrating.

Now, there are contexts to these celebrations. Just like how there is context for the Jays celwbrating winning an LDS and heading onto a second straight LCS, both against a hated rival.

Reducing it to merely 'meaningless shit' is selling it short, no?
If you're going to blow this up, please keep it cogent. So, you compared the ALDS to the Stanley Cup. And now you're comparing immediate reactions after OT wins to the extended, championship-like celebrations that I'm obviously referring to. This was about 20 minutes after the end of the game when I posted. Round 1, the division series. They were still going nuts with the fans. The people I was with - Jays fans! Thus the game being on - were laughing as well. Of course, I'm also alluding to the wildcard clinch. It's bewildering.

And why are you talking about hockey superiority? I'm talking about the Jays, not baseball. And if it puts you at ease, my "meaningless" was obviously hyperbole. Just to draw a line between the scale of the celebration and the reality of what they won. No doubt winning was a big deal.

You would do the same thing if it was a 1st round series victory against the Flames. Stop lying.
Am I an NHL player in this scenario? What are you talking about?

You're a young man, SA, yet wise. Godspeed.
But...he's not making any sense. You're better than this, bones!

Socreges

Banned
This debate

4837fe4be3fed8ab73beb18aa2418e9b.gif

Going to be a busy day for Waivers

Tom Gulitti – ‏@TomGulittiNHL

Today will probably be a busy day with waivers. Players would have to clear at noon Tuesday to be sent down before 5 p.m. deadline.

Condon hasn't been sent down yet, I will guess Flynn will be put on Waivers

Curufinwe

I'm predicting 5 games for Gudas. If they give him 6+ then the Flyers could appeal to a neutral arbitrator, and I don't think the league wants that considering how similar the hit is to recent ones that caused concussions that they gave no suspensions for.

Ondrej needed to go so much sooner. He isn't an NHL quality starter, but the Jets needed somebody to man the pipes while their young tenders got experience.

Quick

Banned
I wonder if previous NHL games has this

I don't think so. Or at least not outside Be a GM/Pro.

Another one: "[the puck] flew in...like a turkey!"

I'm on Play Now with East All-Stars vs West All-Stars. They actually created a version of Bridgestone Arena with the All-Star Game logo on the ice, presumably specific to each team as their home arena, like how the World Cup mode/teams have the ACC with the WCH logo on the ice. That's actually cool.

Top Bottom