• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

Enduin said:
Melee Fox's eyes are much better and dramatic looking than the Brawl Fox eyes, they weird me out. And did they change the eye color as well, Dark Blue to Bright Green?

Other than that the Brawl Fox model is better, but they eyes just blow.

I am pretty sure Fox's eyes have always been green, man.
That was one of the first things I noticed when I looked at his Starfox 64 polygon model.
They just made it a brighter green. You're right, it is a lot more cartoony now and less "intense/angry" than the Melee model.

I used to really like the look of Melee Fox, but after seeing Brawl Fox for a while and getting used to it, I find that Melee Fox looks a lot more awkward now. Also, if they're going to add in another Starfox character, it should be Wolf. :)

underfooter said:
Sometimes I don't understand you people.

The old Starfox model looks mishaped, and doesn't represent any previous rendition of fox. It's just awkward and dry.

The new Fox has much more defined look, with 5 times the details.

He looks too much like... a real fox to me. I like the old look, as I've said before. It's just cooler looking (I'm a Fox player).

I hope the shine is like it is in Melee. What a cheap son of a bitch that is.

Firestorm said:
You could always use it to steal KOs. My friend did it all the time... bastard =(

And please let the reflector be laggy please please please please. This is of course speaking as someone who has to play against Fox a lot, not someone who plays Fox.

I'd like to play you and shine spike you under 10%.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
*bows to ant1532*

I've never used your OP, but god damn you're doing a great job.

Zeed

Banned
Not sure if this comparison has been made yet, but all these shots of Fox had me curious about his original SSB look. I went back and dug up a pic. It's amazing, how far we've come:

ssb6.jpg

fox.jpg

Proven

Brobzoid said:
**** diddy kong, I hated that shit even in DKC. I used to kill him out of spite when ever I happened upon a DK barrel. I soloed that game DK style.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I nearly fell out of my chair.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I'm pretty sure there's more polygons in Brawl Fox's arm than make up the entirety of SSB Fox's model. Wow.

Oh BTW Japan Time arrives on schedule* in 23 minutes.

jinxed?

ant1532

Banned
Loved the artwork on the first Smash(US and JP) much more than the Melee box art. Don't think it will be as good with Brawl though, but you never know! (Link looks hella funny on both)

153fs132837.jpg

&

153fs133057.jpg

The Melee box art for both US and JP was horrible in comparison( I don't even want to post it)

Branduil

Jiggy37 said:
I love how Kawashima has the same number of votes as Mega Man. :lol I actually do want him [edit: the good doctor] in, just somehow can't see it happening... Too "blue ocean" for a red ocean kind of game. And then if he's a boss, you'd either end up sending the wrong message that Kawashima rules the Nintendo universe or sending the wrong message that the Nintendo universe has to destroy Kawashima and his brain training. >_>
Kawashima is the head of Master Hand.

Zyid said:
Not sure if this comparison has been made yet, but all these shots of Fox had me curious about his original SSB look. I went back and dug up a pic. It's amazing, how far we've come:

SSB wasn't exactly a shining example of technology back when it was released though. There was, what, a maximum of seven polygons on screen at a time?

fresquito

Son of Godzilla said:
SSB wasn't exactly a shining example of technology back when it was released though. There was, what, a maximum of seven polygons on screen at a time?
Good one :lol

I'm guessing you never tried to play with pokeballs only.

Edit: Take back my words. I read SSBM, for some odd reason >_<

LYLAT

The Lylat System is the general term for the region of space featured in the Star Fox games.

Here, you will fight on top of a spaceship while warping to various locations.

screenshot

The name of this high-speed spacecraft is the Pleiades.

The fight rages on as the ship barrels through asteroids, dogfights, and even the atmosphere of Corneria. A-Are you going to be OK?

screenshot

Asteroid belt! And here’s Team Star Fox in battle!

screenshot

Here we are entering the atmosphere. Without spacesuits!

screenshot

The planet’s upper atmosphere. A clear, refreshing vista.

screenshot

Cut through an epic space battle!

How are they breathing? And why is there gravity? I suggest that you not worry about it too much.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
JAPAN TIME!!

Lylat Cruise

The Lylat System is the general term for the region of space featured in the Star Fox games.

Here, you will fight on top of a spaceship while warping to various locations.

stage04_070622a-l.jpg

The fight rages on as the ship barrels through asteroids, dogfights, and even the atmosphere of Corneria. A-Are you going to be OK?

stage04_070622b-l.jpg

Asteroid belt! And here&#8217;s Team Star Fox in battle!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage04/stage04_070622c-l.jpg

Here we are entering the atmosphere. Without spacesuits!

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage04/stage04_070622d-l.jpg

The planet&#8217;s upper atmosphere. A clear, refreshing vista.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage04/stage04_070622e-l.jpg

Cut through an epic space battle!

How are they breathing? And why is there gravity? I suggest that you not worry about it too much.

the stage looks awesome

I was playing SSBM earlier today and thinking about how bad the backgrounds look, this looks much much better.

and the art for SSB64 was great, one day I will scan my game manual, I like how all the characters were really cartoon like.

ant1532

Banned
Stage looks ****ing AWESOME!!

I can't wait! I bet it's going to be so freaking hard to concentrate on a serious fight though(and I thought Final Destination going into the Atmosphere was distracting)

Updating OP now.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
This looks like the coolest stage ever.

Did they make up a ship for the hell of it, or is this a leak of a new StarFox Wii game? =P

woxel1

I gotta echo the cries of "amazing stage." At least, it looks to be something of a jacked-up Final Destination (in terms of environmental variety).

justchris

Oooooh, I really like the design of the Pleiades, and the stage as a whole looks badass. Especially the way the background changes so drastically.

I wonder if characters can get hit by stray shots when flying through a major space battle :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom