• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.
ant1532 said:
Here are the characters who were suggested multiple times to Sakurai on last years Smash Bros Dojo blog site.

he characters who were recommended multiple times are:

My 3 most wanted.

1)Megaman
2)Wind Waker Link
3)Captain Olimar

Yours? (Keep em realistic)
What's always amazed me about that list is how no one suggested Sonic. I mean, the law of probability states that some people had to do it and I'm sure there had to have been a significant number of people. Interesting he kept it off the list.

Anyway, my picks.

1) Mega Man
2) Ouendan (just Ryuuta would be awesome)
3) Ike

Firestorm

Rezbit said:
:O Sounds like my kind of weapon!

You could always use it to steal KOs. My friend did it all the time... bastard =(

And please let the reflector be laggy please please please please. This is of course speaking as someone who has to play against Fox a lot, not someone who plays Fox.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Firestorm said:
You could always use it to steal KOs. My friend did it all the time... bastard =(

And please let the reflector be laggy please please please please. This is of course speaking as someone who has to play against Fox a lot, not someone who plays Fox.
you want to nerf the shine? :(

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
MrCheez said:
I'm pretty sure I used to have a link that had the data for both polls, but I don't know what happened to it. I'm at work now so I don't have time to do much of a search, but here is a thread about the polls on smashboards.com that probably has most of the info: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872

I see something nice. :D

Windwaker Link(3)

Heres a list of characters I think will make it based on this poll:

Playable Characters:

King Dedede
Captain Olimar + Pikmin
Ike
Link (Wind Waker)
Tom Nook
Diddy Kong
Little Mac (maybe)

Boss:

Professor Kawashima (Master Hand+Crazy Hand+Kawashima is a very good concept)
Ridley

Item:

Chain Chomp

Top 3 I want:

Wind Waker Link
Olimar + Pikmin
Tom Nook

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
**** diddy kong, I hated that shit even in DKC. I used to kill him out of spite when ever I happened upon a DK barrel. I soloed that game DK style.

1. sonic
2. Isaac (he is just the perfect character in replacement for Roy)
3. Megaman

and as a extra character: Tom Nook (probably the most bad ass character of the whole game)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
damn captain olimar with a louie alternate better be in it!

Jiggy

I love how Kawashima has the same number of votes as Mega Man. :lol I actually do want him [edit: the good doctor] in, just somehow can't see it happening... Too "blue ocean" for a red ocean kind of game. And then if he's a boss, you'd either end up sending the wrong message that Kawashima rules the Nintendo universe or sending the wrong message that the Nintendo universe has to destroy Kawashima and his brain training. >_>

Zeed

Banned
ant1532 said:
My 3 most wanted.

1)Megaman
2)Wind Waker Link
3)Captain Olimar

Yours? (Keep em realistic)
1) Lyndis (AKA Lyn of Fire Emblem fame)
2) Wind Waker Link
3) Sonic (I want to kill him with Mario, who doesn't?)

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
JoshuaJSlone said:
I'm confused by how one implies the other?
I couldn't figure that out either. Fox being given Falco's traits would imply that Falco is out... but Fox having 2 guns means nothing.

I think it would be pretty cool if they brought back Falco in his Starfox Adventure, freelancer costume, with a more differentiated combat style than that of Fox, and different weapons than the ones used by the starfox team.

566564645.jpg

Oh, and my top 3:

-New Falco
-Zero
-TP Ganondorf

- Ridley
- Krystal
- Windwaker Link

Btw., i just played SSBM an hour ago...it´s awsome how smooth and simply perfect the gameplay is, even now.
While the feeling of impacts isnt as good as in SSB64, im afraid of SSBB not having the same smoothness...dont know why, im just afraid a bit.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh, we listing characters again? Here's my pick:

- Little Mac
- Captain Olimar + Pikmin
- Lucario
- Deoxys
- King K. Rool
- Wind Waker Ganondorf
- Tinman

3rd Party:
- Megaman
- Sonic
- Simon Belmont/Viewtiful Joe

...and third party that I don't want showing up but most likely will due to the connections Nintendo has:

- Bomberman
- Pacman

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
A Link to the Snitch said:
2. Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)

I think Balloon Fighter might also make it... I remember reading that he was suppose to be in Melee but was left out due to time constraints.

However... I'm not really crazy about the idea. :p The character seems so generic... I guess he might have a pretty unique and cool form of control (floating around on balloons?) but I hope they can figure out something creative to do with his design if he gets added.

Am I the only one who thinks WindWaker Link is not only an awful choice but goes against the whole Smash Brawl concept of taking a character and using their most realistic-looking form possible? It would ruin the entire feel of the game.

I'd much rather see an upgraded form of OoT Young Link from MM. Becoming Oni Link as his Final Smash would be the most badass thing in the world.

normal_Oni-Link814x1200.jpg

superbank

SuperAngelo64 said:
Am I the only one who thinks WindWaker Link is not only an awful choice but goes against the whole Smash Brawl concept of taking a character and using their most realistic-looking form possible? It would ruin the entire feel of the game.

No you're not, but the reason is unjustified. We've got Pikachu without realistic fur shaders. They updated fox with his (ugly) cartoony shaped head. We've got a stage that completely clashes with the entire "realistic style of Brawl" in the form of Yoshis Island.

ant1532

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Did you play Smash 64? Did you watch the intro!??

The game is supposed to be cartoony and the characters are toys from a toychest who come to life through Master Hand. To think Smash is supposed to be as realistic as could be doesn't make sense since your basing this off Nintendo characters (Monkeys, super plumbers, dinosaurs, pokemon, super race car drivers ect lol).

Well Pikachu's and Fox's fur textures are much more detailed and realistic than they were in Brawl. Melee and Brawl have always done a great job with adding realistic textures to characters to differenciate them from how they might originally appear in games (Like when comparing their basic trophies to their battle-model trophies in melee).

My main point is that while you're right about the Fox and Pikachu thing (Fox mainly to reflect his newest form) Link already has a form in this game. It would be as equally annoying as them adding Paper Mario or 64-bit polygon Fox when they already have better versions of themselves in the game.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Am I the only one who thinks WindWaker Link is not only an awful choice but goes against the whole Smash Brawl concept of taking a character and using their most realistic-looking form possible?
Why are people making things up at this point

"I made an observation. Since it hasn't proven to be false, it must be true and this was clearly intentional!"

Hey guys, have you noticed that Ridley has never been in the game? Clearly this means that Ridley will never be in the game because it was their specific intention not to put him in.

ant1532 said:
Did you play Smash 64? Did you watch the intro!??

The game is supposed to be cartoony and the characters are toys from a toychest who come to life through Master Hand. To think Smash is supposed to be as realistic as could be doesn't make sense since your basing this off Nintendo characters (Monkeys, super plumbers, dinosaurs, pokemon, super race car drivers ect lol).

Because Smash 64 has everything to do with Brawl, right? :D

Really, look at the character models and textures, listen to the E3 trailer theme.
The games' theme and feeling is a little different than it was almost 10 years ago I'd say.

ShockingAlberto said:
Hey guys, have you noticed that Ridley has never been in the game? Clearly this means that Ridley will never be in the game because it was their specific intention not to put him in.

Oh wow! Was-was that sarcasm! AHAHA

You're adorable, really.

Anyways I'm going to go back to being psyched about this awesome game instead've spoiling the thread, my bad. I didn't know you guys had such a big crush on WW Link.

LOCK

CreatureX3 said:
Pretty much any one of them would fit perfectly into Smash Bros.

warioware_cast.jpg

I would love to see Jimmy T. with a funny disco dancing fighting style! :lol

Or Kat & Anna together as one fighter like the Ice Climbers, ninja style of course! :D
We need those cute and awesome as hell dancing cats.

Hell theres Nintendogs.

ant1532

Banned
Fox looks hella more realistic in Melee than he does in Brawl. His face in Melee looks almost human while in Brawl he looks more like his cartoony look in Assault and more like a fox.

Just re-quoting for people who didn't get it:

My main point is that while you're right about the Fox and Pikachu thing (Fox mainly to reflect his newest form) Link already has a form in this game. It would be as equally annoying as them adding Paper Mario or 64-bit polygon Fox when they already have better versions of themselves in the game.

Zeed

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Just re-quoting for people who didn't get it:
Except here it's not so much a matter of adding an extra version of a character as it is making the existing Young Link into a completely unique character. The radically different visual style, combined with the potential for a unique moveset could make him a virtually new character. Plus, I'd kill to play on a cel-shaded Sunken Hyrule stage (where you fight Ganondorf at the climax of Wind Waker).

It's not at all comparable to Paper Mario, seeing as how Mario already has too much representation in SSBM (three nearly identical movesets and one complete duplicate). Zelda only has the radically different Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf (who, by the way, deserves a unique moveset if he's to return).

Zeed

Banned
SuperAngelo64 said:
Well I'm just saying that in my opinion I'd much rather see Majora's Mask Young Link than WindWaker Young Link.
Okay, see, I can't understand that. You'd rather the two characters look and play like virtual clones rather than become unique in their own right?

superbank

SuperAngelo64 said:

What makes TP Link better? The main point of WW Link is a different moveset and different look. They can add Paper Mario if they want as long as he has his own paper moves.

ant1532 said:
Fox looks hella more realistic in Melee than he does in Brawl. His face in Melee looks almost human while in Brawl he looks more like his cartoony look in Assault and more like a fox.

[
blaster_360.jpg
fox_070621c-l.jpg

fox-7594.jpg

Nah. The old model reflects the real shape of a Foxs head more. The snout needs to be long. The new Fox is a good representation of an exaggerated cartoon fox, but I don't like that look.

I think we're forgetting here that Majora's Mask Link had the ability to shapeshift into a ZORA, GORON, and DEKU SCRUB. He was by far the most uniquely played of any Link. I would love to see those Zelda races incorperated into Smash Bros without them just being "Generic Zora" or "Generic Goron".

superbank

SuperAngelo64 said:
I think we're forgetting here that Majora's Mask Link had the ability to shapeshift into a ZORA, GORON, and DEKU SCRUB. He was by far the most uniquely played of any Link. I would love to see those Zelda races incorperated into Smash Bros without them just being "Generic Zora" or "Generic Goron".

How could they do a 4 form character?

I pointed out a few pages back, they missed their chance in Melee to do a OoT/MM non-clone Young Link. Those Links are much less relevant now, as we can see in the character poll from smashdojo. People want WW Link because he's newer and has an interesting look.

superbank

Oh yeah, I forgot about that too. Would be good to add in the trophy section next to games hes been in "Zelda: Phantom Hourglass".

Zeed

Banned
superbank said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that too. Would be good to add in the trophy section next to games hes been in "Zelda: Phantom Hourglass".
You can also make a strong case for at least The Minish Cap.

minishcap2.jpg

ant1532

Banned
Zyid said:
You can also make a strong case for at least The Minish Cap.

minishcap2.jpg
Yeah but it's really not the same link as Wind Waker link. Although I can see them giving Wind Waker link moves the Four Swords and Minish Cap link have

superbank said:
What makes TP Link better? The main point of WW Link is a different moveset and different look. They can add Paper Mario if they want as long as he has his own paper moves.

[
blaster_360.jpg
fox_070621c-l.jpg

fox-7594.jpg

Nah. The old model reflects the real shape of a Foxs head more. The snout needs to be long. The new Fox is a good representation of an exaggerated cartoon fox, but I don't like that look.
I think the new Fox looks really freaking awesome.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
snack said:
I think the new Fox looks really freaking awesome.

Melee Fox's eyes are much better and dramatic looking than the Brawl Fox eyes, they weird me out. And did they change the eye color as well, Dark Blue to Bright Green?

Other than that the Brawl Fox model is better, but they eyes just blow.

Firestorm

GaimeGuy said:
you want to nerf the shine? :(

Yes.
**** Fox.
>=(

Well, more seriously, I think it should at least not do a set distance. Maybe make it go less distance at 0% and then slightly more at 100% or something.

You know during a few matches I've completely forgotten it can reflect stuff? I play Young Link so I'm pretty dependant on projectiles. There was a guy with a reflector up and I started shooting stuff at it. That made me feel dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom