• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros Brawl Dojo Official Update Thread: Goodbye, Cherry-don

Status
Not open for further replies.

justchris

I've been saying they should add another female character for a while, and one of the Wario Ware chacracters was one of my suggestions. Personally, Ashley gets my vote, but it'll probably end up being Mona if they do add one.

Now we just need an FE female added, and the game will be a little better balanced.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
justchris said:
I've been saying they should add another female character for a while, and one of the Wario Ware chacracters was one of my suggestions. Personally, Ashley gets my vote, but it'll probably end up being Mona if they do add one.

Now we just need an FE female added, and the game will be a little better balanced.
**** you, now I have that stupid song of Ashley's stuck in my head.

"WHO'S THE GIRL NEXT DOOR, LIVING IN THE HAUNTED MANSION?"

Seraph830

Banned
justchris said:
Yeah i hope so too. Ike looks too similar to Marth. Two of the latest GBA games had lead females, so it would be great to see it happen. At least have 2 unique fire embelm characters instead of one.

GaimeGuy said:

Its better than having Mona Pizza stuck in your head.

ant1532

Banned
Shinobix said:
DK franchise only has one character..maybe Diddy will make an appearance. Just saying.
or in justchris' case Dixie...

Anyways, there is a good amount of girls in Smash given the whole Nintendo guy to girl ratio. Zelda/Shiek, Peach(Daisy look a like costume), Jigglypuff, Samus (and Zero Suit Samus coming in Brawl.

There is so many cooler characters imo then to put some Warioware people in.

I say safe all those for the Smash DS thats bound to happen.(imagine, those characters, fire emblem guys, pheonix wright, ouendan!)

GaimeGuy said:

the line "I turned my teacher into a spoon" causes one of my friends to freak out, I think he had a hard time with Ashley's games in Wario Ware Touched.

Shinobix said:
DK franchise only has one character..maybe Diddy will make an appearance. Just saying.

Diddy is the most logical from the DK series, but I wouldent mind seeing King K Rool

GaimeGuy

ant1532 said:

Anyways, there is a good amount of girls in Smash given the whole Nintendo guy to girl ratio. Zelda/Shiek, Peach(Daisy look a like costume), Jigglypuff, Samus (and Zero Suit Samus coming in Brawl.

I say safe all those for the Smash DS thats bound to happen.(imagine, those characters, fire emblem guys, pheonix wright, ouendan!)
You forgot Nana :(

ant1532 said:

if Capcom isnt gonna be stingy with their characters, they might aswell pop their Smash Brothers cherry with Megaman in Brawl, then bring Pheonix Wright for the DS/next nintendo handheld Smash Brothers game.

that said, if they do smash brothers on DS, they should do it as Paper Smash Brothers and have the style be a mix of Paper Mario and the boxart for N64 Smash.

Shinobix

Linkzg said:
if Capcom isnt gonna be stingy with their characters, they might aswell pop their Smash Brothers cherry with Megaman in Brawl, then bring Pheonix Wright for the DS/next nintendo handheld Smash Brothers game.

that said, if they do smash brothers on DS, they should do it as Paper Smash Brothers and have the style be a mix of Paper Mario and the boxart for N64 Smash.

Jump! Ultimate Stars comes to my mind. They should aim for that style if done.

ant1532

Banned
Shinobix said:
Jump! Ultimate Stars comes to my mind. They should aim for that style if done.
Yeah even though that game is horrible imo (don't like anime so I'm just telling you how I thought the game itself was) I do like the way the characters look on the Smash 64 box a lot though. Looked more like cartoons, and I thought they were supposed to be toys with the whole hand grabbing in the toychest intro.

Shinobix said:
I'm not much of an anime lover either but the game is great. Wi-Fi is still infested even after 8 months from its release.
I just got the game myself been playing
a ton of random wi-fi matches
the great thing is that there aren't any major glitches or "techniques" in that game that ruin online play

Shinobix

There's one that pisses me off. Seems like blocking real fast absorbs the hit and fills your *power* gauge (forgot the name). But that's about it.

Shinobix said:
There's one that pisses me off. Seems like blocking real fast absorbs the hit and fills your *power* gauge (forgot the name). But that's about it.
oh thats not a glitch its a help character(the 1 Block chracters) that allows you to do that
if you block at the last moment it raises your sp gauge

Shinobix said:
Ah I see. Mind telling me which character does that?

These are the ones that do that

Increase Special Gauge when you block at the last moment:
Seijuro Shin (Eyeshield 21)
Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Shun (Saint Seiya)
Shusuke Fuji (Prince of Tennis)
L (Death Note)
Near (Death Note)
Byakuya Kuchiki (Bleach)
Toki (Hokuto no Ken)
Gaoh (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)
Rouji (Muhyo to Rouji)

remember that the arrow of the character has to be pointing to the battle character u want the effect to work on

The other characters in the game have effects too like some allow you to triple jump and speed dash in the air

PkunkFury

Linkzg said:
Diddy is the most logical from the DK series, but I wouldent mind seeing King K Rool

I think Diddy/Dixie team up would work real well, a la DKC2. You play with the other shadowing you like an ice climber. Your partner doesn't attack, but certain specials require both of them (stack on shoulders for throw, dixie's hair is the third jump, etc.). You can switch partners with B. They're both very light characters so they get knocked off easily, but if one gets smashed out of the ring you keep fighting until the other goes down.

I find King K. Rool to be a pretty crappy character, so I'm hoping he's not in. He's just sort of a bigger fatter bowser. I think Diddy is a lock, since DK needs someone else, but he doesn't have many moves without taking the crap from DK64

ant1532

Banned
:lol please keep the JSS business out of here or just PM eachother. Last thing I want is a bunch of JSS fanatics arguing about something.(Well I would rather have that then item on/and off arguments in Smash lol)
{Mike} said:
I hope we can turn the final smash thing to OFF
Shinobix said:
Turn items off?
Thing is Shinobix, it might not be an Item.(the site has it in the How to play section) But I do hope that if it isn't an item you can turn it off separately.(which I do think they will do)

Shinobix

ant1532 said:
:lol please keep the JSS business out of here or just PM eachother. Last thing I want is a bunch of JSS fanatics arguing about something.(Well I would rather have that then item on/and off arguments in Smash lol)

Yeah it would really suck having JSS fanatics here. Thank God we're talking about JUS.

I hope they completely remove any customibility from smash. Randomed items, random stage, random character, and the controls are remapped at random while your fighting.

GaimeGuy

Son of Godzilla said:
I hope they completely remove any customibility from smash. Randomed items, random stage, random character, and the controls are remapped at random while your fighting.
very funny

ant1532

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
I bet you could lured some idiots to argue if you changed it to this.
Son of Godzilla said:
I hope they completely remove any customibility from smash. Items always on.

Shinobix said:
Yeah it would really suck having JSS fanatics here. Thank God we're talking about JUS.

only and last thing about JUS I will say in this thread: JSS and JUS were both great, not only because of the anime tie in, but they were actually pretty fun. That said, they play so different from Smash Brothers, Smash just wouldent work the same way.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Myke Greywolf said:
Here's your girl:

Mona would be a nice choice to compensate for the lack of female characters in SSB.

They could add female characters from other franchises
Advance Wars - Rachel, Sasha, Sami, Lash
Fire Emblem - (well, I don't play it, but insert favorite female from fire emblem)
Starfox - Krystal

Zeed

Banned
ant1532 said:
Thing is Shinobix, it might not be an Item.(the site has it in the How to play section) But I do hope that if it isn't an item you can turn it off separately.(which I do think they will do)
Waaait, what?

Sakurai said:
The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.

basic02_070529b-l.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic02.html

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
They better have some awesome system planned out for it, otherwise they might as well call this Super (run for the) Smash Ball Brawl.

jj984jj said:
They better have some awesome system planned out for it, otherwise they might as well call this Super (run for the) Smash Ball Brawl.

Oh because the Hammer was somehow different. Even the nerfed Melee version was godmode. So far every final shown is more limited than the hammer.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Son of Godzilla said:
Oh because the Hammer was somehow different. Even the nerfed Melee version was godmode. So far every final shown is more limited than the hammer.
The hammer was easily avoidable, so was a character with star power, but these moves look much harder to avoid.

the Final Smash seems like its going to be someone you are going to pick up just by touching it, like the star, then you use it by hitting the taunt button. Atleast, thats what I think the best way they should go about it, the only problem would be Kirby.

ant1532

Banned
Shinobix said:
A friend plays Roy, he's so ****ing annoying..
Marth is 10x worse. I hate Marth. THere is a reason why he is the highest tier.

Because he is a fair character?

No.

Because he is an unbalanced cheap character?

Yes.

Jiggy

Hcoregamer00 said:
They could add female characters from other franchises
Advance Wars - Rachel, Sasha, Sami, Lash
Sasha, Lash, Nell, and Sonja are too minor to put in. I've been hoping for Sami for a long time, but the problem is that if they put in Sami they'd probably also have to put in Andy since he's the "mainest" of the three main characters from AW1, yet making a moveset for him seems ridiculous...

Rachel's the face of AWDS, so she could probably get away with being put in with no Andy, but then she falls into the same trap as him with having no possible moveset. (Except for a ready-made final smash where she fires three AW missiles at the entire stage, she's got nothing else.)

I'll still quietly hope for either girl, but I don't see it happening.
Edit: Now you've got me thinking about just how awesome an orchestrated version of Sami's theme would be. :eek: Or even Rachel's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom