• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

P.T might be gone from the PS Store after April 29th

Sorry if this was already known or just something that normally happens taken out of context but apparently P.T might be gone from the PS Store after April 29th:

http://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/33vbkn/pt_will_be_out_of_the_ps_store_on_april_29th/

http://www.konami.jp/pt/certification.php5

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/pt/cid=UP4511-CUSA01127_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT

store link is here. Even if you don't have a PS4, make sure you have it on your download list!

The distribution period of "P.T. (Playable Teaser)" on PlayStation®Store will expire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.

b5CLrjB.png

Oh good. This bodes well for Silent Hills.

EDIT:

We went five pages before I made this edit, so don't let the length of the thread put you off from answering.

Did we ever find out how to complete PT without
a microphone?

I spent all night one night playing PT blind with my girlfriend, never looking up any of the puzzles or sequences. We wasted hours in the final sequence only to find the game was not only uncompletable, but at the time nobody was sure how to even trigger
all three baby laughs. We could trigger one baby laugh by two distinct means. One by walking slowly down the hallway and one by looking at the radio. But we could never get a second laugh to occur. All information at that point was people scratching their heads saying to say "Jareth" into your microphone.

Last I knew, nobody knew how to complete the game on purpose. This has bugged us ever since.

Zolo

Well, I definitely will make sure not to delete it then. Oh well. It was good to have hope for Silent Hills while it lasted.

Fisty

Just make the announcement, its the right thing to do at this point. This game was too good for us, it seems

Shun

If you have something in your download list but it's delisted from the site, you can still redownload it right?

Like the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC? Can you redownload that if it's in your download list?

Do they hope people will just forget about it? You can't unleash something that awesome on us and then spirit it away like an asshole.

Fisty

If you have something in your download list but it's delisted from the site, you can still redownload it right?

Like the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC? Can you redownload that if it's in your download list?

So far yes, everything delisted can still be accessed by purchasers

Kindekuma

Banned
FUDGE.

This is really upsetting-- P.T is so good, and now all hope of Silent Hills truly being cancelled seems all the more real.

HeelPower

Just make the announcement, its the right thing to do at this point. This game was too good for us, it seems

The whole thing was too good to be true indeed.

Why would a neglected series such as SH get some of the most high profile studios and actors and directors working on it ?

The series has been outsourced to mediocore devs and mishandled for a decade.

Why would that change all of a sudden ? :)

Zareka

I hate horror games, could barely play P.T. without hiding every 3 steps and even I was keeping tabs on Silent Hills.

I don't know what Konami expects to achieve here.

androvsky

So far yes, everything delisted can still be accessed by purchasers
Almost everything. A couple of the Japanese PS1 imports on the US store were actually deleted from download lists. Happened to me and I got a refund. It's rare and probably takes a gigantic screwup by the publisher, but it can happen.

legacyzero

Banned
Fucking hate you Konami, for doing this to the best horror franchise there ever was.

EDIT: Download this right now. It's awesome.

Zomba13

im legitimately curious if Konami actually thinks that anyone will care about them after all this.

After MGSV Konami is pretty much done with games right? They won't do another Silent Hill, definitely no more ZOE, nothing with the Hudson stuff the acquired, I guess maybe PES? Maybe?

I mean, they might try making another Metal Gear but it won't be from Kojima so it won't really be Metal Gear. Maybe Metal Gear Rising 2 with Platinum?

Fat4all

Banned
In my restless dreams,
I see that demo...

Silent Hills.

You promised you'd develop
That game someday...
but you never will.

Well, it's alone here now
on our 'special disk space'...
Waiting for you...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
P.T. was the best thing on PS4.

Konami, or Sony, or whoever is responsible for this needs to choke on 9 inches of wood.

We should all commit group suicide outside Konami and then, as ghosts, really give those suits a spook. That'll show em, and it's also a good opportunity for us to work together.

Top Bottom