• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X Spoilers Thread

Fandangox

Since the new REVELATIONS have been dominating the past thread, TheMoon suggested to create a spoiler thread for this game.

If a spoiler thread is not allowed this early then mods can close it (not sure why it wouldn't though)

Also created to avoid fates like this:

Shit shit shit SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT I accidentally read part of a spoiler cause I just clicked on a spoiler tag on instinct, It doesn't exist, I didn't read that ,i don't even know what I'm talking about, I don't even know why am I here, but it should be fine, everything is fine, I forgot it already, it's forgotten I didn't read anything.

Sorry there friend.

Also since there's like 4 constant Xenoblade threads on the Home Page, to avoid anyone clicking this one and reading spoilers by mistake:

spoiler.jpg

Edit: Game's out in all regions!

paolo11

Did anyone see the ending already? I want to know if the main character (your avatar) dies in the end or not.

Neiteio

Can you continue exploring the world after beating the game, without starting a NG+?

And for that matter, is there a NG+?

mcmmaster

God damn you Neiteio lol. I couldn't control myself and just had to take a small peak, and the first post goes and blows my mind. That said it's a totally awesome design.

But damn you NOA/NOE for not giving us even the slightest hint of when this will release this year, I feel if we had something to go off I would have had better control over myself with spoilers.

Disappointed in myself most of all for not having better restraint.

Chaos17

I would've prefered a real new companion, that would've been a better twist for me.
Maybe because I got used to see human Elma so that spoiler ain't really surprising for me.

But damn, Monolight can pull some great character design:
I wish now we cold've made alien MC :)

Klyka

Banned
I would've prefered a real new companion, that would've been a better twist for me.
Maybe because I got used to see human Elma so that spoiler ain't really surprising for me.

But damn, Monolight can pull some great character design:
I wish now we cold've made alien MC :)

"human" Elma.

Haha.

No one is really "human" in this game.

Fandangox

Did anyone see the ending already? I want to know if the main character (your avatar) dies in the end or not.

Cross does not die.

Can you continue exploring the world after beating the game, without starting a NG+?

And for that matter, is there a NG+?

Yes you can.

"human" Elma.

Haha.

No one is really "human" in this game.

Well technically everyone is except Elma, Lu, and Tots. They are just not controlling their actual physical bodies.

So wait, does Elma's robot body turn into that or was that controlling her robot body?

The robots are called "B.B" units, Elma was an alien controlling one of them.

xaszatm

Banned
So quick question, Elma's...tasteful outfit is because of the guy playing the game right? Or is that Elma's default look?

Klyka

Banned
Cross does not die.

Yes you can.

Well technically everyone is except Elma, Lu, and Tots. They are just not controlling their actual physical bodies.

Well, I guess you can call them "human" but they are really just consciousnesses in a data cloud. There aren't any real human bodies anymore.

Fandangox

Well, I guess you can call them "human" but they are really just consciousnesses in a data cloud. There aren't any real human bodies anymore.

I mean yeah, but I feel the distinction still has to be made since there's actual aliens in the party.

Also it seems the Cross characters you download from others can appear in cutscenes.

Chaos17

who is this girl?
I have not seen her at all in the streams
dexxanobla.jpg

I don't know but I saw her in a side quest, the streamer rescued her.
She was protecting her beast from the bad guys (Vyers?).
She come with her beast at NLA like the blue alien guy we met.

I just don't know if we can recruit her since I forgot wich streamer got her and if he continued her quests. xD

Neiteio

I hope I can get by leveling up fighting just hostile creatures.

I don't want to be a dick to peaceful dinos. :-\

Gravidee

So, are B.B units practically indistinguishable from normal humans until you break them open? How many of the human characters in the game actually realize their predicament?

Fandangox

who is this girl?
I have not seen her at all in the streams
dexxanobla.jpg

I think that's Selica(?) maybe, not sure what her relation to the plot is, she may be of the same species as Elma, or the Cat aliens from earlier. She appears near the end of the stream where you likely watched the ending on.

Neiteio

I'm just here for the cool out-of-context pictures. Not sure how many videos I'll watch. (Or that I can stomach -- I can only take Japanese voice actors so much)

I don't know but I saw her in a side quest, the streamer rescued her.
She was protecting her beast from the bad guys (Vyers?).
She come with her beast at NLA like the blue alien guy we met.

I just don't know if we can recruit her since I forgot wich streamer got her and if he continued her quests. xD

She's apparently named Selica.

ah this game is too open-ended

hope she gets DLC quests I was hoping she played a larger role

paolo11

Cross does not die.

Yes you can.

Cross? Is that the name of the main avatar you are controlling?

What about DOLLS? Do they get wrecked after the ending?

Fandangox

Cross is the default name of the MC. You can continue using dolls/skells as of post game.

Pheeew... clicking on a spoiler thread by mistake... seeing Neiteito's first post :/

That's what the big spoiler image in the OP is for!

Also I just realized, first xeno game where the final boss is not
God?
Haven't played Gears, or Saga, but it seems it was the case on those games and Blade.

yeah cross is the one you create but you can control any party member as lead if you wish

Dolls can get destroyed you buy replacements if you don't have insurance

they are still around after credits
credits don't seem to matter all that much it looks like you completed the first story arc LOL

this game is going to ruin my life

Cross is the default name of the MC. You can continue using dolls/skells as of post game.

That's what the big spoiler image in the OP is for!

Also I just realized, first xeno game where the final boss is not
God?
Haven't played Gears, or Saga, but it seems it was the case on those games and Blade.

Eh, lot of people just scroll down to see latest answer on threads :/

paolo11

You know in other mecha anime like when the final battle ends, the mechs get wrecked or totalled or sacrificed to save the MC. Does your mechs suffer the same fate after the final battle/ending?

Fandangox

You know in other mecha anime like when the final battle ends, the mechs get wrecked or totalled or sacrificed to save the MC. Does your mechs suffer the same fate after the final battle/ending?

Nope, as far as I have seen.

One thing I'd like to know :

Is the guy below ( Vandam I think ) playable ?

I hope so...

Seems like he is not, unless its a very good hidden unlockable.

No in this game they are like cars you can have a whole garage full if you have the money for them all

Top Bottom