• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hostage saves herself and children with Pizza Hut app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

OP, you missed the best part:

A Florida woman used the comments section of a Pizza Hut order made from her smartphone on Monday afternoon to alert authorities that she and her children were being held hostage. When police responded to her message, arriving at the location, she and her children were quickly released, unharmed, and the kidnapper was arrested.

Florida Man strikes again.

MJPIA

7675949_G.jpg

Quite clever of her.
Can't call 911 so she asks for the phone to order a pizza like she always does and sends a plea for help with that and it worked.

Miker

I'm a Domino's man myself due to shop runner + occasional half-off deals, but I may install the Pizza Hut app just in case I get kidnapped.

Another day, another odd Florida story.

But seriously, good on her. I never would've thought to use a pizza app to get out of a kidnapping situation.

Prez

"I've been here 28 years and never, never seen nothing like that come through."

In the 28 years that people could send comments through an app this is the first time this happened. Amazing.

Ivan 3414

Seriously, if she was in a position to write a help message couldn't she have used anything besides a Pizza Hut app?

You should read the article.

The boyfriend took the the phone away from her but gave it back so she could use the Pizza Hut app to order food. As soon as she ordered, he took the phone again. He was monitoring her the entire time, but apparently not closely enough.

Zoe

Seriously, if she was in a position to write a help message couldn't she have used anything besides a Pizza Hut app?

Her boyfriend took the phone back immediately after she made the order. You don't think he would have checked her texts?

Apoc29

You should read the article.

The boyfriend took the the phone away from her but gave it back so she could use the Pizza Hut app to order food. As soon as she ordered, he took the phone again. He was monitoring her the entire time, but apparently not closely enough.

Yeah, I got that part. If he was monitoring her, she wouldn't have been able to write that help message without him noticing. But I suppose she had a small window of opportunity, and it would have been safer than opening another app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom