• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Devil's Third Trailer (Itagaki/WiiU, Japan - Aug 4, retail is Amazon exclusive)

Just posted on Nintendo's channel in japan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ked9LPANFko&feature=youtu.be
Shows Iagaki talking about the game and new gameplay footage
Out in August in japan for 6,700 yen (on the eShop and Amazon Japan exclusively)
CHGeoh0WsAICZHB.jpg

(Thanks, Malvingt2 and Wario64!)
Boxart via NintendoEverything
81LQ5EPLSkL.jpg
[/QUOTE
New screens/art work:
Many screens and artworks are posted here.

Here are those I like.

Devils-Third-15.jpg

Devils-Third-18.jpg

Devils-Third-78.jpg

Devils-Third-80.jpg

Seems the protagonist and the major villains all have their own tattoo. Extremely cool idea. I think those gods/Buddhas represent that particular character. Could anyone help research on those tattoos?

Edit: oh... The aritcle is written by L-A

Astral Dog

I just hope this game is, well, somewhat decent, better than NG 3 Razor Edition.

, it just looks generic and rough.

MarkusRJR

That main character design though...

Also, why do all the human enemies look way too small compared to the environments around them? Maybe it's just the camera but they all look super weird.

The game looks surprisingly decent during cut scenes and then during gameplay looks like an early 360/PS3 title. Low expectations all around.

Wensih

I mean people have been whining that B-tier/C-tier games have been ruined by the AAA landscape. Here's your chance to support your B/C-tier title.

I have very little expectation for this game to sustain a healthy online community. I'm definitely not the target audience, though, so perhaps I'm missing something.

I think it will do much worse, if that is possible.

Only way they could save it would be a $20 downloadable game.

Part of me is kind of relieved that Code Name: STEAM, an absolutely fantastic game, will not have to endure the dishonour of being Nintendo's worst-selling title this year.

duckroll

I thought Itagaki was pimping it hard on Facebook a couple of months back saying the game looks totally different and amazing now. I think it looks... the same as it did at E3?

OCD Guy

Yeah I just can't get excited by watching the gameplay videos of this.. Some games I can totally get hyped by just watching videos, but not this one.

I guess it might play better than it looks, but I can see this getting critically panned. Like with a meta score of 40 something, and being totally generic shit to play.

I certainly won't be risking it unless it's really cheap, or it gets really positive feedback.

Aside the terrible protagonist... and the kind of same-y flat environments and bad graphics the game doesn't look that bad. It may have potenital.... maybe.. ? It'll at least be a fun button masher.

I don't like that the enemy is stabbing you in the back and blood is pouring out yet your character doesn't react... but I guess it pairs well with the character sliding around like he has an ass made of ice and everything's covered by vegetable oil

Edit: seems like your playable character model does react in MP... but damn the graphics are jarringly bad

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Day one can't wait to shoot/slice the guy.

Alrus

It really doesn't look good graphics wise and the designs are kinda bland. I really don't understand what Nintendo saw in that title.

Shaanyboi

Banned
...huh

I mean... it looks like it moves better than what they showed last year. But maaan some of that art ain't looking too hot.

I have very little expectation for this game to sustain a healthy online community. I'm definitely not the target audience, though, so perhaps I'm missing something.

I'm very much the target audience for a new Itagaki-directed action game, with several of the key development leads from Ninaj Gaiden 1/Black, and this looks buttcheeks.

NotLiquid

Looks interesting in a terrible way but certainly better since last year. Can't argue with Vanquish power slide though.

JDSN

Banned
I think Nintendo should stop dealing with everyone that belonged to Team Ninja from this point onwards.

The animations and character models certainly look a lot better than they did before, which is good. Also, they seem to have added a sliding mechanic which looks pretty neat. Multiplayer still looks fun as hell.

Pretty good chance that I'll pick it up.

Top Bottom