• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Devil's Third Trailer (Itagaki/WiiU, Japan - Aug 4, retail is Amazon exclusive)

Miker

Looks bad. But fun! But mostly bad.

I have always wanted to play as a dudebro with watermelons strapped to his back in a shooter though.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Really? I think it looks pretty cool. I'm not a fan of the look of the main character, but the GAME part of it looks pretty cool.

The actual gameplay mechanics and dynamics better be incredible, because the melee and shooting both look worse than shit from 2005. I get that they're a smaller team and don't have a budget, but the animations are worse than Ninja Gaiden on the OG Xbox. That isn't okay.

Astral Dog

Guess Nintendo got this trailer out the way early, cuz it still looks like trash

Who knows, could surprise some and end up a cult classic a la Godhand,

also, im not sure the game is going to sell as bad as Wonderful 101 or Codename STEAM yet,its probably going to sell a little better, have a bit of optimism guys :p

Honestly it does look better. Just not in a significant way.

That forward slide at 9:57 reminded me of vanquish.

Anyway the kill animations look hilariously brutal.

The multiplayer should really be free-to-play to have a player-base. There seem like a bunch of ways to monetize it.

I'm there day 1. This is my kind of over-the-top Japanese janky game.

xandaca

Could be a laugh. Day 1 in the hugely unlikely event it has IR aiming, otherwise I'll wait for the price to sink.

That's pretty soon, hope it comes around the same time in NA as well.

Looks damn fun.

giphy.gif

OCD Guy

I just hope Nintendo don't take the performance of this game as an indicator of whether they should publish these types of games.

Sayter

The gameplay style seems much to clunky to me. Especially compared to other top rank third person action/shooters.

Effect

The game does look better then the footage shown last year. How much is debatable I think. The lightening looks to have improved the most and that's been one of the standout elements of Wii U games. The design style is still the same from when it was originally shown off last year but it looks a lot cleaner and more polished. Texture work looks better. Animations look to be improved a lot as well.

Those were really the things that were the issues facing the game last year especially if the art style and character designs weren't going to be changed.

No way in hell it looks like a PS2 game. Anyone saying that should be ignored. The game doesn't look bad either. One's like of the design is another thing though.

The online still looks crazy and I'm noticing textures look less there but with things being destructible that might be needed. I'm still interested in the game. Especailly with no Call of Duty. This is an option and I'm hoping overall it's good because I still liking what I'm seeing and it has been improved.

What's important to find out is what the frame rate is when the game is running and if there is any slow down. What engine it's running on would be nice to know as well. I'm more concerned about how stable it is. Doesn't matter if it's 30 or 60. I needs to be stable with no tearing.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Game looks terrible still. Hype continues at 0

No way in hell it looks like a PS2 game. The game doesn't look bad either. One's like of the design is another thing though.
Ok. PS2 game on PCSX2 emulator in HD.

EDarkness

The actual gameplay mechanics and dynamics better be incredible, because the melee and shooting both look worse than shit from 2005. I get that they're a smaller team and don't have a budget, but the animations are worse than Ninja Gaiden on the OG Xbox. That isn't okay.

I don't know. Coming from a guy who doesn't have a budget to do as much as I want, I don't see anything really wrong with what they have going on. If we were talking about Square or Take2, then I could see that, but I doubt he has the budget to do everything he wants to with the game, so he has to make due. Just how it goes sometimes. As long as the game is fun, that's all that should matter anyway.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

This is being super...dumped out.

Yeh seriously. There's been more effort put into a single Smash character reveal lol.

The multiplayer might not be too bad though, but this "trailer" is such a drag when you have no idea what Itagaki is saying.

WiiU GotY contender. Which is of course no great accomplishment, lol, but the combat system looks real fun, despite shit graphics. I feel bad for the guy, this will bomb even harder than W101. Nintendo seems to care even less about it, no idea why they even funded it. Kind of like Konami buying Hudson just to kill 'em off. Why? At least I get to play this one.

uh, NG on OG xbox has better animations than most games that have come out since then.

but this does look rough graphically. I'm day 1 no matter what, so i'll reserve full judgment until I play. If it plays well enough, i won't give a shit about the graphics.

Ooccoo

Really? Really?

Well honestly these textures are absolute garbage, yes. Maybe it's another God Hand, who knows. It's hard to tell without playing it. But that video was pretty much crap, I can't see this game doing great and especially not on Wii U.

As for Ita, well, dude does not age well. I guess we can't make a joke here.

fedexpeon

Banned
Nice, Vanquish style sliding gameplay.
But too bad it looks like a PS2 game.
I can't tell if I really enjoy the gameplay form the look of it or not because it does look fun but it also looks janky and awkward with the melee combat.

NateDrake

I expect the US release to follow soon after the Japanese launch. Maybe Sept. the latest. I bet it turns out better than Ninja Gaiden 3.

casiopao

? How can people said this game look the same as last year when the motion looks more fluid now?

And the multiplayer does looks funny lol.^_^ Pineapple bomb? Watermelon bomb? Rainbow Chicken? This game multiplayer itself looks like it had potential.^_^

Top Bottom