• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Devil's Third Trailer (Itagaki/WiiU, Japan - Aug 4, retail is Amazon exclusive)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
? How can people said this game look the same as last year when the motion looks more fluid now?

And the multiplayer does looks funny lol.^_^ Pineapple bomb? Watermelon bomb? Rainbow Chicken? This game multiplayer itself looks like it had potential.^_^

Yeh I kind of feel like the multiplayer could be its saving grace. It looks wacky and maybe it's some decent fun. There are like 2K people playing BLOPS 2 still on Wii U, so maybe you can get like 500 people from that crowd to play this game xD.

Game looks ok, but going to ditto what others said, and man that main character looks so stupid no matter how many times I see it.

Wanting to see how this turns out though since the boss fights look like more than just another third person shooter.

The gameplay looks fun even if everything else looks terrible. A 3rd person shooter/action game hybrid is something i've been interested in awhile and few have done it thus far.
Could be for good reason, but it looks solid so far.
Love the Vanquish slide, every game needs that.

I feel like this will turn out like anarchy reigns. Very fun game with interesting arcade type MP similar to power stone, but low score.

Devils Third will probably have a cult following.

Jawmuncher

Unless the reviews and General GAF impressions put this as amazing. Think I'll wait for the price drop. Since it wasn't developed by Nintendo, might hit the bargain bin like w101.

kirby_fox

Banned
Footage looks more interesting than what I saw at last E3. I wonder when this hits the West and how hard it'll be to find when it does.

Since I have strong doubts they're going to put any marketing behind it.

The game only looks marginally better than what it did last year, which is somewhat disappointing. However, the multiplayer stuff they showed off still looks pretty nuts, and I'm still holding out that Itagaki will make the actual game fun to play on a mechanics level, even if it still isn't visually impressive to watch.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is this really the passion project Itagaki wanted to really see come to life? Even after THQ's closure?

I don't know... we'll see when we get closer to release. But I look at this and then look at Xenoblade X and... yeah...

He's pointing out NG because it's Itagaki, not because it's some arbitrary reference point

Yes, he's pointing to it without even thinking about the fact that NG had a blank check and unlimited dev time in the care of a cozy publisher that had its coffers filled with DOA money and no external crap to worry about. Versus THQ collapsing, switching engines mid development, and being an independent team that was probably on the brink of death before Nintendo swooped in. Anyone who has followed it had to mostly expect a salvage project.

Neiteio

Huh, another game I thought they would've saved for the Digital Event. I guess they still could show it there, but who knows.

It looks kind of fun. Its weird and original. I don't think it will have much of an online life though unfortunately.

Might pick it up if reviews aren't terrible.

Capra

After the several-month-long drought of actual footage I was hoping this would come back having completely transformed into something more stylish with faster, more fluid combat. As it is it looks... dated. Not PS2lolz dated, but definitely still as visually unappealing and janky-looking as ever.

Of course, it could still turn out to be amazing. Multiplayer still looks like it could be crazy as fuck with the weird equipment and watermelon shenanigans, and that was what always interested me about it. I'm looking forward to it!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have a feeling this is suppose to be shown at E3 but japan for some reason wants the the information out now.

Somnid

Hopefully this will be at least Asura's Wrath level. I'd give it a shot but not at $60.

Nintendo probably didn't give them much of a budget to finish up with, they're probably already resigned to lose money on it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Huh, another game I thought they would've saved for the Digital Event. I guess they still could show it there, but who knows.

They might announce the North American release date at the Digital Event.
This was only posted on the Japanese channel, and E3 is normally for North America.

Johndoey

Banned
This isn't even janky in the funny low budget way it just looks poorly made. Also if you think the game looks good fine, but are some people seriously praising the fact it has a sliding mechanic?

RefigeKru

Banned
It doesn't look like a PS2 game, but it doesn't even come near to the highest standard of PS3/360 game.

Either way in 2015 it looks unacceptable visually.

Please elaborate?

It looks like a unique and quirky Japanese game from 2003 to me, with HD graphics and online play.

So trite unispired visuals, janky animation, poor art direction with questionable design choices (FPS aiming looks awwwwful) and ultimately dated before it even ships.

2009 bargain bin.

Dahbomb

Garbage art.

Jank as fuck.

Shitty hit boxes galore.

Shoddy animations.

Looks better than before but still bargain bin tier. Far away from being Ninja Gaiden tier.

Chindogg

It looks a lot better than it did last year. If Nintendo's polishing it up for an August release it should be ok.

Hyrule Warriors looked about the same in the same timeframe.

I thought Itagaki was pimping it hard on Facebook a couple of months back saying the game looks totally different and amazing now. I think it looks... the same as it did at E3?

The lighting, effects and animations in the campaign look substantially improved from E3, but the multiplayer looks pretty much the same to me. I'd say it generally looks good for a WiiU game now outside of the really poor art direction. I can't believe they didn't redesign the lead character.

Fuck it though, I can't wait for this. I think the gameplay looks like it could potentially be great, and I hope it turns out well.

popyea

I'm looking forward to those bosses. I'm hoping there will be some sort of connection between shooting and melee where they play off each other. Maybe like shooting armor to weaken and make it vulnerable to melee, melee to expose weakpoint, shooting weakpoint does extra damage and makes it explode and knock them back. That's how I wish Vanquish incorporated melee.

Zyrox

This looks like some good ol dumb fun. Though I'm a bit bothered by the first person aiming.
Makes me wonder why they posted this now and not saved it for their Digital Event though.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Alright, first thing I noticed, graphics look quite a bit better now, like incredibly so.
second thing is how better the animation is now.

Top Bottom