• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V will be released on PlayStation 4 and PC in March 2016

Guymelef

So new information from ShortList.com's gaming magazine.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jun/10/street-fighter-5s-v-trigger-activated-taking-damage-new-defensive-mechanic-v-skill-detailed-and-new-stage-confirmed/

One interesting thing is the confirmation of the V-Trigger system.

Remember the rumors months ago?:

Old rumors:
- Time / Weather effects in stages
- Release date : 2016, before the end of the fiscal year.
- Unreal Engine 4

- The new mechanic is named V-Trigger : You can change your stance.
- 16 characters
- No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
- The story mode will be way much better, they know they fucked up with sf4.
- The PC version is here mostly because they want to bring the game to Latin America, South Asia, Africa...
We probably can confirm 16 characters at launch now.

jbug617

Banned
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...nic-v-skill-detailed-and-new-stage-confirmed/

In the latest issue of ShortList.com's gaming magazine, an article that provides some juicy details on Street Fighter 5 was featured.

We learn that moves such as Nash's teleport and Chun-Li's double fireball can be used while V-Trigger is activated. In order to do so, players must fill up their V-Gauge by taking damage.

Additionally, we learn of a new mechanic called "V-Skill." This is a defensive mechanic that allows for characters like Ryu to parry and M. Bison to reflect fireballs. While information on V-Skill is scarce, we're guessing it also utilizes the V-Gauge. We have also learned that what many have been referring to as "Ultras" in the game are actually called Critical Arts. These are flashy, cinematic attacks that can be activated by using your full EX meter.

Lastly, a new stage has been confirmed. The article notes that the China stage was shown along with a new stage: London. Specifically, the stage is called "King's Cross Station."

It has been confirmed that Street Fighter 5 will be released on PlayStation 4 and PC in March 2016.

Evilmaus

As someone who regularly goes through Kings Cross, it'll be interesting to see how the stage turns out.

Also hurry up and announce Juri.

Not really a leak, just mechanic explanations. I am not thrilled with these mechanics, though. Potentially having to burn meter to reflect a fireball?

I was just hoping for more interesting movesets.

SuperSah

Banned

image.php

Ashkeloth

Whether this has the best or worst fighting mechanics ever matters almost zilch to me if they don't have a character featured that I like or want to play. Keeping my fingers crossed for some new character reveals soon.

jerry1594

I'm cool with no Ken. Fuck him. But damn, all these leaks, big and small. At this rate there won't be anything left for e3.

I'm assuming they have some data that supports more people own gaming pcs than consoles in those regions?

Feels more like the console version will have support only for US instead of all america (RIP Mexico being part of north america).

Edit:
Pretty sure Mexico have more console players than PC players unless you count pirate games.

Top Bottom