• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V will be released on PlayStation 4 and PC in March 2016

Crocodile

Not the theme I expected but so good to be reminded of this :)

E2MkT.gif

Laura being the Brazil rep and Zen being the Indian rep means that it's looking bleak for Dhalsim and Blanka in SFV.

GOOD

Africa's still a country it seems

Just noticed that. FFS Capcom/Ono/Japan (I dunno who to blame)

I hope that we don't need to pre-order to try the beta. I wanna see if my late-2013 iMac can run the game at a decent resolution, if not then I will pick up a PS4 most likely

blackadde

please, no more comeback mechanics that only activate when you've had the crap beat out of you. not only do those make the game worse for beginner play (i beat you and you pressed 4 buttons to x-factor me to death?!), but as per usual it'll backfire and give experienced pros yet more leverage to win after making 4 bad otherwise round-ending guesses.

Dahbomb

please, no more comeback mechanics that only activate when you've had the crap beat out of you. not only do those make the game worse for beginner play (i beat you and you pressed 4 buttons to x-factor me to death?!), but as per usual it'll backfire and give experienced pros yet more leverage to win after making 4 bad otherwise round-ending guesses.
Too late for that buddy.

SgtCobra

No Super Street Fighter 2X + EX (Updates kinda like League of Legends / Killer Instinct)
But people told me that there would be an ultra version, they lied to me!!
Yeah I know those are rumors but they seem pretty spot on

We learn that moves such as Nash's teleport and Chun-Li's double fireball can be used while V-Trigger is activated. In order to do so, players must fill up their V-Gauge by taking damage.

Yay, another mechanic that rewards you for taking damage...ugh...

IronLich

Ok, so we have what is essentially Dark Force from Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers 3.

Sure does add to the pile of evidence that SFV was built off the back of a dead Darkstalkers game.

if Ken isn't in the initial roster of 16 characters, then i would not be surprised if he is brought back in the 2nd season (assuming that's what they're going for).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ken IS Street Fighter, guys. As much as Ryu is. Did you not watch Assassin's Fist?

Newboi

Laura being the Brazil rep and Zen being the Indian rep means its looking bleak for Dhalsim/Blanka in SFV.

That would be weird to replace Sean who represents Brazil, who is a mostly unknown character to the mass market (like most SF3 characters). We also already have Elena who does a Brazillian martial art (though she's from Africa).

A new India rep outside of Dhalsim would be interesting. Dhalsim's style is so unique though. I guess they would replace him with Necro and have a new Indian Character with a completely unique fighting style.

qcf x2

At least it doesn't give you a 45% damage dealing nuke, it just basically builds on the EX mechanic by giving you more tools to stay alive. It's either they do it that way or reward whiffing again. I actually liked the whiff game in SF3, but I understand the aversion to it.

This leak pretty much confirms Omega mode was a trial for SFV. :-\ I'm hoping for a lot more original stuff. I want it to feel new, not kinda new.

Biker19

Banned
Lol and it will be the first street fighter I dont buy.

Then you should go back to playing either Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Alpha 2/Zero 2, Alpha 3/Zero 3, SF III: 3rd Strike, or Ultra Street Fighter IV, then, LOL.

Not all 44 characters from USF IV are going to make the cut. I'm all for variety.

Village

Who cares about story mode, such a waste. Should focus on more of a world tour mode instead.

_ looks at mortal kombat-

Alot of people actually

MK got people to care about its lore, and its become a draw. There are people who buy that to play story mode. STORY MODE.

Its a power up, not a huge damage dealing animation that can be done on wakeup to catch you off guard.

It still requires skill to take advantage of it rather than just a lucky guess because the other guy pressed a button.

Gren

PLEASE DONT LET HIGH VOLTAGE HANDLE THE PC PORT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Seeing how they'll only have two SKUs, I'd hope they'd have the foresight not to cheap out on the other, thereby stifling their already limited sales potential.

But anything's possible these days.

blackadde

At least it doesn't give you a 45% damage dealing nuke, it just basically builds on the EX mechanic by giving you more tools to stay alive. It's either they do it that way or reward whiffing again. I actually liked the whiff game in SF3, but I understand the aversion to it.

This leak pretty much confirms Omega mode was a trial for SFV. :-\ I'm hoping for a lot more original stuff. I want it to feel new, not kinda new.

there are way more ways to reward players with meter than just trying to block with your face

see: st, n-groove stock breaks, s-groove charge, just defend, gg forward movement / negative penalty etc.

ultras in sf4 are a pretty bad system, but street fighter games have an incredible legacy of really broken power-up moves that kind of ruin matches

see, again: rose friends super in alpha, genei-jin, seiei-enbu, tanden renki (broken in the, um, other way)

Shahed

I actually agree with you. but story modes seem to help attract casual purchasers more for some reason.
If a fighter doesn't have a decent story mode, then I don't buy it. I'm not very good at them but they can be kinda fun local coop, but I need something to keep me interested when no else is available to play with. There's a reason Soul Blade and Soul Calibur are my favourite fighters with Edge Master Mode and the like. Heck I bought Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena to mess wround with the story mode

Top Bottom