• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V will be released on PlayStation 4 and PC in March 2016

RYU
KEN
SEAN
CHUN-LI
CAMMY
GUILE
BISON
CHARLIE
ZANGIEF
ROSE
Four new characters
Akuma as hidden boss
Gouken as hiddener boss

RETSU GO!

AdaWong

16 chars huh? Which (and how many) SF4 reps will there be?

2 at most. Juri is a shoe in considering her popularity.

We can kiss Rufus, Hakan and El Fuerte goodbye.

Seth, C.Viper or Abel?

Viper made it in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (!!)
Abel made it in Street Fighter x Tekken
Seth made it in Project x Zone

Pls let it be Viper. :(

They should delay all of them for the holiday so they can be real games and sell the system during the holidays.

lel.

Great news, though. Street Fighter IV is probably my most played game ever. Pretty sure I stacked up over 1000 hours over the course of vanilla and the updates. I'm ready for SFV.

This is all pretty crazy when you consider Capcom originally said no Street Fighter V until 2018.

Skilletor

Not really a leak, just mechanic explanations. I am not thrilled with these mechanics, though. Potentially having to burn meter to reflect a fireball?

I was just hoping for more interesting movesets.

Wouldn't put much stock in them. Why would Ryu reflect fireballs? Doesn't make much sense for his character. The V-trigger, as has been shown so far, is tied to the EX meter, which isn't typically tied to taking damage.

Sounds like they might be confusing revenge/ultra with EX meter (which is what you need to activate the V-Trigger).

Still, good to have more confirmation of earlier leaks, and can't wait to see the new stage.

Kouichi

Interesting. I'm going to have to get good at parrying with Ryu then! Looking forward to seeing the new stage and the inevitable new character at E3.

I didn't know there was a hubbub about the story mode in SF4. I didn't have a problem with it at all, but I also wasn't expecting something on the level of what MK9 and 10 ended up offering.

Looks like a lot of titles will release next spring.
I wonder how that V-trigger will play out - how much does it takes to charge it and how long will it last after activating it?
16 chars huh? Which (and how many) SF4 will there be?

2 at most. Juri is a shoe in considering her popularity.
I guess Juri 1st ultra will be her V-trigger now.
Also since they consider LoL and KI models, it looks like they will DLC characters later on? So in the end we will have all our fighters again
by paying 120$

jbug617

Banned
Can anyone quote what this link leads to?
Can't view it on the iphone

Here you go
Okay I have a couple of rumors for you GAF. They are probably true.

Ken Bogard is well-known in the french VS fighting community. He's a fighting games commentator and also has a weekly show about VS Fighting on french Web TV "Gaming Live". He apparently has a source at Capcom. All the infos he had in the past turned out to be true and he's not the kind of guy who spread out ridiculous rumors.

So take the following has you want GAF, but I'm 100% trusting that dude.

He has also a weekly "shiny hunting" Pokemon show on that web tv. So on his December 5th Show, while playing, he talked a lot about Street Fighter V. He said he knew stuff and that he'll dropp discretely hint during the show. Here's what he said.

- Street Fighter V won't have "Super" or "Hyper" editions. Just updates. He won't know if these updates will be free or DLC and does not know if they'll be balancing updates or will add characters and stages.
- The number of characters in the starting roster will be between SFIII and SF IV. He knows the number but not the returning cast.
- There'll be 4 new characters and he knows 3 of them.
- Focus Attacks won't return.
- It'll be released in 2016 and that the month is easy to guess. (He said to think about japanese fiscal years).

Then he dropped some interesting clues. He usually nicknames his Pokemon with stupid joke names but not this time.

3 of his pokemons were nicknamed

- Rachid
- Zen
- Laura

We can assume these are the 3 new fighters he knows about. He also kept mentioning 3 places in the world and he said "there was a reason": Brasil, Africa and India. We can assume Rachid is from Africa and (more probably North Africa), Zen will be from India and Laura from Brasil.

He also named another Pokemon "V-Trigger" which is probably the name of the new SFV mechanic.

So, you know everything. I repeat, I think we can 100% trust Ken Bogard but don't forget either: we're still early in development, things can change.

tl;dr: RUMOR (which I believe is true) French VS fighting commentator seems to have info about SFV. Launch date 2016. No new versions, just updates. 4 new characters: Rachid (Africa), Zen (India), Laura (Brasil) and one more. New mechanic called V-trigger.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not sure how I feel about selective parrying, but I'm fascinated about the possibilities with V-Trigger.

Seems like characters are going to have a bunch of individualized mechanics. I'm okay with that.

16 Characters huh? Sounds overwhelming. Do you think they could lower the character count to something a little more manageable like 8? I don't get why these fighting games need so many characters, it makes it way too hard to learn.

16 Characters huh? Sounds overwhelming. Do you think they could lower the character count to something a little more manageable like 8? I don't get why these fighting games need so many characters, it makes it way too hard to learn.

Just learn the best 8 ones to maximize ur investment

delSai

They are hard to learn, thats true. Just pick the ones you like the most and stick to them. That's what im doing in SF4 right now with Hugo for example.

Top Bottom