• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NAACP Leader Exposed as White Woman in Blackface

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/jun/11/board-member-had-longstanding-doubts-about-truthfu/

CHQjEfhWUAEWd1W.jpg

rachel1_t620.PNG

CHQjEgZWoAAWvvN.jpg

Controversy is swirling around one of the Inland Northwest’s most prominent civil rights activists, with family members of Rachel Dolezal saying the local leader of the NAACP has been falsely portraying herself as black for years.

But questions have arisen about her background and her numerous complaints to police of harassment. Members of her family are challenging her very identity, saying she has misrepresented major portions of her life.

Dolezal’s mother, Ruthanne Dolezal, said Thursday by phone from her home in Northwest Montana that she has had no contact with her daughter in years. She said her daughter began to “disguise herself” in 2006 or 2007, after the family had adopted four African-American children and Rachel Dolezal had shown an interest in portrait art.

Ruthanne Dolezal said the family’s ancestry is Czech, Swedish and German. She said the family does have some “faint traces” of Native American heritage as well. She provided a copy of her daughter’s Montana birth certificate listing herself and Larry Dolezal as Rachel’s parents.

What the fuck? A damn mess. I don't know what to say. And exposed by your own family, girl......... lmao

Matty77

So if this is real does this give us a benchmark for Transracial, since that idea has come up in multiple threads of late?

Vicros

I read the thread title and said no way, like it must be some joke the contents will explain.

But that is... huh

wow

Could this be a watershed moment in the transracial movement? I mean she has adopted black children, created black art and actively worked to improve black lives. Is she the first major transrace icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom