• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NAACP Leader Exposed as White Woman in Blackface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
This just makes me think, there must be more out there. More white people 'disguising' themselves as black, fitting in and no one noticing. We've probably interacted with them too without even noticing. Shit, maybe so many white people's 'black friend' is actually not black!

We need to recall and evaluate everyone's black card immediately.

racist elementary school teacher flips her shit on Facebook

police shut down two little girls lemonade stand

naacp leader falls into a vat of chocolate pudding and decided to roll with it

this whole day has be one big SNL episode

DK1vfx4.gif

Shaffield

NAACP said:
The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.

im sorry but i dont see how this is at all controversial. she's standing up for something right? is her change of identity that important?

Slayven

She literally paused the game, went into life's settings and changed the Difficultly level from Easy to Ready to Die.

Ms.Galaxy

She said the family does have some “faint traces” of Native American heritage as well.

Well there are some people who actually believe blacks were the true Native Americans, so...

Praise Yakub

Steamlord

When I was in high school my black friends told me I had accumulated enough black points to become an honorary black guy. That gives me more cred than this woman, right?

hoos30

She could pass for black, easily. I know a few AA women with features almost exactly like hers. Her story gets murkier when you get to the police reports though.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Like why would you want to go black? Its like the Louie bit about if he had to pick every year which race he could be.

I'm reading about this now. I've seen blurbs about it on twitter all day, and I just pulled up an article.

This is some of the wildest fucking shit. I'm not even sure I can articulate how crazy this is.

im sorry but i dont see how this is at all controversial. she's standing up for something right? is her change of identity that important?
The problem isn't that she's white. NAACP isn't like not letting white people in or anything. Its the fact she appears to be possibly lying/disguising herself as black.

Its like...why? For what purpose?

Shaffield

That she's lying about her race?

Yeah, it's a pretty big fucking deal.

huh i guess i didn't realize that lying about your race is a big deal.

The problem isn't that she's white. NAACP isn't like not letting white people in or anything. Its the fact she appears to be possibly lying/disguising herself as black.
Its like...why? For what purpose?

lol i agree. who knows why she's compelled to do that, who knows why anybody does anything, i just dont see this hurting anyone?

akira28

I wonder who decided to pull her card?

her own mother was upset over reasons and decided the world needed to know the truth. that's some drama with your mama shit. I mean, angry phonecall hangups is one level, calling the newspapers is some levels above that for sure.

“It’s very sad that Rachel has not just been herself,” Ruthanne Dolezal said. “Her effectiveness in the causes of the African-American community would have been so much more viable, and she would have been more effective if she had just been honest with everybody.”

If i had to taste test, i'd say definitely some serious bitterness over any kind of sweet.

racist elementary school teacher flips her shit on Facebook

police shut down two little girls lemonade stand

naacp leader falls into a vat of chocolate pudding and decided to roll with it

this whole day has be one big SNL episode

I'm dying at work right now. Everybody is wondering what I'm snickering about!

Mortemis

Banned
Spokane isn't really Washington. It's like a piece of Idaho that fell off the fork and stained Washington's shirt.

Basically everyone relevant is next to the Puget sound. Can't be asked to care about what the forest dwellers around the rest of the state are up to.

royalan

huh i guess i didn't realize that lying about your race is a big deal.

Well let me fill you in.

Lying about your race is in general a pretty big deal. See: All the controversy surrounding Mindy Kaling's brother lying about being black to get through college.

But lying about being black with you're the leader of of your branch of the NAACP? That's just one giant "Da FUK???"

XAL

And the floodgates of "I self identify as *insert race other than self* - accept me" hath opened.

But seriously about this, holy fucking shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom