• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NAACP Leader Exposed as White Woman in Blackface

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem isn't that she's white. NAACP isn't like not letting white people in or anything. Its the fact she appears to be possibly lying/disguising herself as black.

Its like...why? For what purpose?

So this may sound like a stupid question and forgive me for asking it

But why is it okay for someone to be transgender and "lie about their gender" by dressing and self identifying as the opposite sex, but not okay for someone to change the color of their skin and "lie about their race" and self identify as another race?

I've got no problem with either people can self identify with whatever race/gender/sexual preference they desire, I just want to know why the former is becoming socially acceptable and the later isn't?

I kind've of came into this thread expecting to see a picture of a white person with literal blackface. The title was a little bit misleading. I mean I knew there was no way anyone could be that stupid, but the clickbait title did it's job and got me in this thread.

All I can say about this lady is good for her. At some point in history, black switched from being regarded as a skin colour to being it's own culture, and this stunt just exposes how silly that line of thinking is.

Jarate

Banned

But why is it okay for someone to be transgender and "lie about their gender" by dressing and self identifying as the opposite sex, but not okay for someone to change the color of their skin and "lie about their race" and self identify as another race?

I've got no problem with either people can self identify with whatever race/gender/sexual preference they desire, I just want to know why the former is becoming socially acceptable and the later isn't?

One is rooted in science, IE there biological reasons why a trans person is a trans person, and the other person is pretending to be something that science agrees doesnt exist

Trans persons are born the way they are, you aren't born as a black person in a white persons skin, it's not possible because the concept of race exists as a social construct to seperate individuals based off of physiological differences

it a requirement to be black if you want to be a leader of NAACP? im just wondering if it's in the by-laws somewhere or something like that.

No, but pretending to be black in the premiere black civil rights organization is generally... shall we say... frowned upon?

CHAPPELLE_01_0105_ASKABLACKDUDE_640x360.jpg

yep

royalan

Because trans-people aren't lying about their gender.

But this really isn't the thread for this.

Korigama

I have finally found the thread which can't possibly have a Simpsons pic that fits.
Lisa pretended to be Native American in one episode, all while being chosen for the opportunity to serve as a keynote speaker for a tribal council.

This, however...yeah, I've got nothin'.

Madness

That's what happens when white people start fetishizing the hell out of people of colour. Their own white guilt is strong, they have a saviour complex, and you can see the mom says it started when they adopted 4 black children.

It's not new. I see it all the time. They try to co-opt the look, the culture, even the victimization at times.

Edit: I knew a racist white skater girl, who used to say she hated rap music, etc. She got a Caribbean black boyfriend in high school, all of a sudden she's dying her hair black, starts wearing like those juicy couture velour tracksuits, pretends she knows everything about rap, even did cornrows a couple times in her hair. After they broke up, back to the DC shoes, country music, etc.

Blunoise

Idk guys this is surly crazy. But people on here are saying she have mental illness, does that regard to transgender as well. Maybe she felt like she belong as a black woman.......I don't know what Iam saying I'm just talking

Slayven

Idk guys this is surly crazy. But people on here are saying she have mental illness, does that regard to transgender as well. Maybe she felt like she belong as a black woman.......I don't know what Iam saying I'm just talking

How does being a black woman differ from being a white woman? Especially in America.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
That's what happens when white people start fetishizing the hell out of people of colour. Their own white guilt is strong, they have a saviour complex, and you can see the mom says it started when they adopted 4 black children.

It's not new. I see it all the time. They try to co-opt the look, the culture, even the victimization at times.

But misrepresenting yourself like that and building a career off it is balls to the wall crazy.

Jarate

Banned

There is a scientific mental difference between being a woman and a male, mostly related to sexuality, but in general there are some differences.

Trans people exhibit the same brain waves as the gender they want to represent as, and it's pretty much known by science that trans persons are born into the wrong body

In this case, it would be similar if there were inherent mental differences between white and black persons. But since this is not the case, race is a social construct invented to seperate persons of different regions, this is no way similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom