• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NAACP Leader Exposed as White Woman in Blackface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaffield

She said her daughter began to “disguise herself” in 2006 or 2007, after the family had adopted four African-American children and Rachel Dolezal had shown an interest in portrait art.
lol "disguise"
sounds like she's a spy for the whites

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
mZiF1ql.gif

Did he just smack the black off her? lmao

So, wait, she disguised herself as a black woman and became an NAACP leader?

I can't possibly be reading this right.

That's just... bizarre.

rexor0717

I wouldn't exactly call it blackface, but this is still pretty WTF.

Later, in an apparent reference to studies tracing the origins of human life to Africa, Dolezal added: “We’re all from the African continent.”
Best quote from the article.

Reading the article, at first it was like "Well, maybe her Montana-ass parents are just really upset with her for being progressive? So far this article doesn't say she ever claimed to be a black woman, just that her parents are disappointed that she belongs to the NAACP." But then...

Contacted at her EWU office, Dolezal avoided responding directly to questions about her ethnicity and race, saying she first needs to meet with members of the local NAACP chapter’s executive committee before having a broader discussion with the community about what she described as a “multi-layered” issue.

“I feel like that question is not as easy as it seems,” she said. “There’s a lot of complexities … and I don’t know that everyone would understand that.”

Later, in an apparent reference to studies tracing the origins of human life to Africa, Dolezal added: “We’re all from the African continent.”

Well then. Further:

An inquiry is being opened at Spokane City Hall, where Dolezal identified herself in application materials as having several ethnic origins, including white, black and American Indian in her application to the Office of Police Ombudsman Commission.

Somnid

That's quite interesting. I mean this raises all sorts of fascinating questions and toys with those racial lines in strange ways.

Risible

Dear People of Color,

Please accept my apologies on behalf of white people. Sometimes we just lose our fucking minds.

Signed,

Old White Dude

She has white features but she could pass as half black. Really strange story. Can't make this stuff up.

You know what they say... Once you fake being black, you never go back.

Ahasverus

If she did it for her kids that's kinda cute and I can't condemn that. I mean, it's weeeeird, but she fought for black rights and has a black family, I can't hate her.

I wonder what she'll do now. She'll probably have social repercussions, but man, I don't know where this is going. I don't know how it could have gone on.

Guevara

She said the family does have some “faint traces” of Native American heritage as well.
Exactly what a white person would say.

Source: i'm white

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
If she did it for her kids that's kinda cute and I can't condemn that. I mean, it's weeeeird, but she fought for black rights and has a black family, I can't hate her.
You know? I mean if she's willing to go this far to be down with the struggle. You've earned it, sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom