• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Dance 2016 leaks through early E3 photos

Volotaire

Wario 64

Just Dance 2016

CHV1S1bVEAENofZ.jpg:large

I don't see a 0.
:eek:

Synless

Split bump.

I know everyone here loves this series.
Actually, I don't understand it. When I play it using a camera you can literally do anything and to thinks your doing good. I feel like Dance Central gives way more feedback and accuracy.

Is this a part of a unprecedented partnership with Nintendo? :p

Yaaaass! Platinum co-developed too. Hence all the trips Ubisoft staff made to P Games over the months. It all makes sense now *tin foil hat*

I'd cry but also bask in the tears such an announcement would cause

OranSky

Banned
The company of annualization is releasing an annualized game? Stop the presses these E3 leaks are getting out of hand...

I don't get yearly installment of series like this. Why can't a publisher make one Just Dance type game per gen and release yearly updates/DLC to add in extra content to keep the game relavent?

KingBroly

Banned
I said it in the other thread, but I'll repeat. I think the Rabbids thing is a toys-to-life game with Ubisoft franchises to help appeal those brands to kids, which is what they have said they're going to try and do.

Lijik

I said it in the other thread, but I'll repeat. I think the Rabbids thing is a toys-to-life game with Ubisoft franchises to help appeal those brands to kids, which is what they have said they're going to try and do.

i can see that happening, especially with the rabbid vinyl toys they used to do so theres already precedent for selling figures of them

I don't get yearly installment of series like this. Why can't a publisher make one Just Dance type game per gen and release yearly updates/DLC to add in extra content to keep the game relavent?

Because the sort of customer that buys Just Dance doesn't understand the idea of DLC or updates. They want to walk into the games section of Walmart, see the new Just Dance, and buy it. Then put in the disc, and dance.

Still find it wild that this series has kept on going, though. Especially for what was originally just the most blatant of Wii shovelware.

Deft Beck

Because the sort of customer that buys Just Dance doesn't understand the idea of DLC or updates. They want to walk into the games section of Walmart, see the new Just Dance, and buy it. Then put in the disc, and dance.

Still find it wild that this series has kept on going, though. Especially for what was originally just the most blatant of Wii shovelware.

There has been plenty of DLC for most of the Just Dance games. By that logic, those who bought Guitar Hero or Rock Band would have never bought DLC of their favorite songs.

sjay1994

Part of me questions why they need 5 minutes of time to show people dancing, while the other part of me questions why I enjoy watching it.

vareon

Actually, I don't understand it. When I play it using a camera you can literally do anything and to thinks your doing good. I feel like Dance Central gives way more feedback and accuracy.

That's the point, I think. Just Dance is a party game with popular songs and Dance Central is a dancing game.

CANLI

They should make a f2p just dance app for consoles with all the available songs since just dance 1 and in HD.
If they sell each song at 3-4$/€.. with that, we have the choice to choose our content. In these games, there are a lot of songs that you don't like and because of that, I stopped buying them since JD3.

Because this game is primarily marketed to a casual audience who know almost nothing about downloading new content. Plus, they're not going to dig out a four year old game to play it, but if they see a new one on the shelves of Tesco or Walmart at a budget price they might grab it to buy alongside their shopping.

Shocking news. Next you'll tell me there will be an Assassin's Creed in 2017.

The funny thing is that AC could *really* use a year off, but Ubi have backed themselves into a corner now and investors wouldn't be happy with vastly reduced returns in order to give the series a bit of breathing space.

Edit - sorry for double post.

BloodR0se

The funny thing is that AC could *really* use a year off, but Ubi have backed themselves into a corner now and investors wouldn't be happy with vastly reduced returns in order to give the series a bit of breathing space.

Edit - sorry for double post.

It would be really great if it took a year off tbh and it might give the customer base a bit of time to miss it. Probably not going to happen for business reasons as you said though.

I hope it has more world music, pata pata and follow the leader are two stand out songs not in english, but they would still use bad filler songs

how hard is it to look at mtv African awards and Spanish awards, Asian awards and then listen to a few on YouTube

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Do you think kids and moms that buy these games even know what DLC is?

JD continues to sell well because it's actually really well marketed and stays very relevant... It's the NOW THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC of video games. Flashy big pop songs every year with artist endorsement. Labels debut new tracks through the game too, tween pop fans love it cause the singers promote it. It's simple and easy and good for families... For consoles no one else is really even in that market right now. The toys to life genre is mostly boys and gets way more $$$ - this is $30/$40 bucks and multiplayer and good for a year

Top Bottom