• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno 2205 announced (PC, November 3rd 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb

I was afraid Blue Byte was stuck in F2P hell.

CHkzhbbWUAEUcE0.jpg

Trailer (gameplay)
Trailer (CG)

The beloved city-builder takes off into space!
The addictive Anno gameplay is back and taking strategic city-building to new heights, launching connections from Earth into space. In Anno 2205 you are part of human-kind‘s next step into the future with the promise of a better tomorrow. Venture into space and settle on the Moon in the thrilling race for resources and power!

KEY FEATURES

The Acclaimed City-Builder Reaches for the Stars: Colonize continents on Earth, establish Moon bases and mine the moon’s resources to transform your cities on Earth to thriving metropolises.
Unlimited City-Building: Thousands of hours of accessible and challenging gameplay let you go beyond the story and ultimately grow monumental cities with thousands of buildings.
Indulgent Graphics Bring Your City to Life: The new engine offers an unprecedented level of details, and now islands in ANNO 2205 can be five times bigger than in previous ANNO games.

Beta signup on the official site.

Kabouter

Game of the year. No question. Ubisoft wins E3. Better than everything else at E3 put together. Trailer looked fantastic.

Karkador

Banned
The game looks great, but I wonder how different moon bases will feel from the underwater bases in the last game.

Also, it's pretty neat that an Anno game, of all things, is getting an E3 stage reveal.

Woorloog

Banned
Looked great.

Don't really know the series though.

Is it like SimCity or different?

Whatever it is, i want to build monorails or something like that around a lunar-city.
(You know those old space Lego with monorails?)

Citizen K

Looked great.

Whatever it is, i want to build monorails or something like that around a lunar-city.

not really like sim city as you place every building, it has intricate production chains and you meet your civs needs to advance ages. also it is fantastic!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Game of the year. No question. Ubisoft wins E3. Better than everything else at E3 put together. Trailer looked fantastic.

While I won't subscribe to the same level of hyperbole, I put countless hours into the series.

Karkador

Banned
Looked great.

The series has always been pretty different from SimCity.

The focus has always been more on the logistics of harvesting or crafting certain resources, and setting up a trade network between your territories, or with the other players, to sell goods or to make increasingly better and more complex things.

not really like sim city as you place every building, it has intricate production chains and you meet your civs needs to advance ages. also it is fantastic!

Careful not to say it has "ages", though. This isn't like a Civ game, playing through time. You are more or less set, and stay in, "the age of 2205"

Kabouter

While I won't subscribe to the same level of hyperbole, I put countless hours into the series.

I maybe exaggerating slightly ;). But really, I am incredibly excited for this, and it really was an announcement that came out of nowhere for me. Like OP, I really thought Blue Byte was stuck making F2P games and they wouldn't do another game like this. This not only is another proper Anno game, but I really like the concept and it looks great :).

Woorloog

Banned

So it is more like...
I swear i've played some game with production chains but can't think of what...

Saw the series described as resource management game somewhere?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Was Anno that game that had a lot of DLC to the point that owning all of them would cost 100's of dollars?

Kabouter

So it is more like...

I'd say it's probably closest to the old Impressions city builders, Caesar, Pharaoh, Zeus etc.

Was Anno that game that had a lot of DLC to the point that owning all of them would cost 100's of dollars?

Nah

Dayum, looks amazing! Can't wait!

May have to reinstall 2070 now...

I think you're thinking of Train Simulator, though I have no idea how you'd mix those two up :p

Jb

So it is more like...

There's definitely a lot of that yeah. As your city expands your citizens ask for more diverse and complex goods which require different natural resourcess. You either collect them yourself or trade with other NPCs on the map for them.
It's very easy to lose yourself into it once it grabs you :)

Citizen K

The series has always been pretty different from SimCity.

The focus has always been more on the logistics of harvesting or crafting certain resources, and setting up a trade network between your territories, or with the other players, to sell goods or to make increasingly better and more complex things.

Careful not to say it has "ages", though. This isn't like a Civ game, playing through time. You are more or less set, and stay in, "the age of 2205"

Yeah bad wording on my part. More like you develop more complex technologies and productions as you go

Yoshi88

Looks great, loved Anno since i was a little kid and started with 1602...but there's already a season pass/ gold edition at launch , meh -.-

Karkador

Banned
Also, in case this looks familiar by sight, but not by name, a few of these games have been released under the title "Dawn of Discovery"

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Oh shit yes.

All the yeses.

Just please remove the always online crap this time. I love 2070 to death, but the DRM thinly disguised as an online metagame was pretty gross.

KIRAKIRA

Banned
It would be awesome if you had to manage an earth and moon base at the same time, and need resources from each other to grow both of them.

Kind of like the occidental/oriental settlements in anno 1404.

SparkTR

The last Anno I played was on Windows 95.
I'd like to get back into the series but I'm not a big fan of sci-fi :(

Try Anno 1404 (aka Dawn of Discovery). It looks visually impressive (nearly as good as this game I'd say) and it's set in historical times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom