• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno 2205 announced (PC, November 3rd 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Try 1602, the first one. It still looks and plays great today. It's also a lot simpler.

I still play it from time to time! <3

If this is too old for you, try 1404!

Code:
[IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/33250/ss_592104ce5dcd98a9cf5e9bf83b7243ade5db617a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1397517049[/IMG]

I wish Ubi would put Anno 1701 back up on digital distribution services. Ubi didn't purchase Sunflowers until 2007, so I'm assuming there were pre-existing distribution agreements in place that prevented it from self-publishing the game digitally (I know the Steam version was published by Aspyr and the GamersGate version by Deep Silver), however it isn't available digitally anywhere as of last year, and Ubi does own it as well as the Sunken Dragon expansion, so the only holdup I see is Ubi's own disinterest.

la_briola

I wish Ubi would put Anno 1701 back up on digital distribution services. Ubi didn't purchase Sunflowers until 2007, so I'm assuming there were pre-existing distribution agreements in place that prevented it from self-publishing the game digitally (I know the Steam version was published by Aspyr and the GamersGate version by Deep Silver), however it isn't available digitally anywhere as of last year, and Ubi does own it as well as the Sunken Dragon expansion, so the only holdup I see is Ubi's own disinterest.

EUR 8,99

Rosur

Is this gonna have that crazy Tages DRM from Ubi? If it does, I'm not getting this.

Thats the main thing I'm worried about for the PC version (or having stupid forced online stuff like 2070).

That said I see their is a PS4/ Xbox One version so may go for that.

Larogue

Looks absolutely amazing.

Does it play similar to simcity/cities:skyline, because I love stimulation games, but never tried this one before.

Mr Swine

Banned

Does it play similar to simcity/cities:skyline, because I love stimulation games, but never tried this one before.

It's more akin to a resource collection kind of simulator game. You need product X to get Product Y so that people A move in. Hard to explain but plenty fun :)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

It has more in common with the old Impressions city builders (Caeser, Pharoah, Zeus, etc...) then Sim City. There is a larger focus on individual buildings rather then "zones".

Larogue

It's more akin to a resource collection kind of simulator game. You need product X to get Product Y so that people A move in. Hard to explain but plenty fun :)

It has more in common with the old Impressions city builders (Caeser, Pharoah, Zeus, etc...) then Sim City. There is a larger focus on individual buildings rather then "zones".

Different approach, I see. Looks fun. Gonna dip in.

Kabouter

I wonder which faction from 2070 won. Or maybe all 3 factions found a good compromise?

Well F.A.T.H.E.R. probably didn't win at least, and from the footage shown, I somehow doubt the Tycoons did, since their islands tended to look like the setting of a Judge Dredd film. So either the other S.A.A.T. people or the Eco's would be my bet :p

My actual bet would be that they just never answer that question

Durante

I really need to try 2070 at some point.

Then again, I probably wouldn't get to it before November anyway, so I might as well go straight to 2205 from 1404 :p.

TheTrain

Also Online information from the Steam Community:

Anno 2205 - Online Features

Today we unveil two new online features for Anno 2205: The Council and the World Market. With these features Anno players around the globe can actively influence the world of Anno 2205 together and create a dynamic community experience. If you prefer to remain offline while playing Anno 2205, however, know that both the Council and the World Market are optional gameplay elements aimed at players who enjoy community features.

You will find both features on the Global Union Space Station which is located on the Strategy Map.

Council

The Council is in session whenever the Big Five – the largest and most influential corporations in the world of Anno 2205 - meet to discuss business. Through a mysterious partner, you can get access to their meetings and have the opportunity to gain an advantage for your own corporation! Each of the Big Five companies represents a certain sector of the market, such as energy or chemical industries for example.

12087259_153209745030720_107963668833046843_o.jpg

There is a limited voting period for every council session, during which you can support the company that gives you a strategy edge by casting your vote for it. You can reap a variety of rewards after the voting period has come to an end.

For instance, you can benefit from lower construction costs for buildings that are part of the industry branch represented by the corporation of your choice. How much the costs will decrease depends on the relative amount of votes each Big Five member has received. There will also be reduced world market trade prices for goods of each branch of industry, again depending on their relative votes. You may even gain especially branded modules used to upgrade your facilities if your chosen corporation receives enough support. These exclusive modules provide more powerful productivity and efficiency boost than the ones you would construct through regular means.

Another party present at the Council meetings is the Mysterious Woman, who grants you access to the exclusive Big Five meetings in the first place. Her reasons for this as well as her overall goals in the grand scheme of things remain unknown. At the start of each election, she will offer a bribe and persuade you to cast your vote for the Big Five corporation of her choosing. Should you comply, you’ll be immediately rewarded. The bribe rewards will increase with your corporation level and amount of votes in the past.

12079922_153209738364054_3654056842915725909_o.jpg

It’s your choice: Will you accept bribes for a quick profit? Or do you stick with the corporation that gives you long-term economic benefits?

World Market

You can create a transfer routes between the space station and your sectors in order to sell your overproduction on the world market or to purchase goods at the current market value.

The actual value of goods is influenced by all Anno 2205 players who trade on the world market. Because of this, you can use the ever changing dynamics of the world market to make a profit!

12119908_153209748364053_1007838892212343586_o.jpg

Use the goods filter on the Strategy Map to identify goods with a higher selling price than their production price and sell them. Be warned that flooding the market with one good will cause the price to drop, while buying large quantities makes it more scarce and thus more expensive. Never forget that other players will also influence the market through their trading! Always keep an eye on economic trends to ensure profitability.

If you find yourself low on a certain good, you can supply your sectors by buying on the world market. Again, be sure to adapt to changes to the world economy and ensure that you can afford to purchase from the market.

Also note that you can only set up a limited number of transfer routes between your sectors and the space station. With a higher corporation level you will gain access to larger and more cost-efficient transporters and you can increase the maximum number of space station routes.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/375910/announcements/detail/734442842890237396

that sounds pretty cool, actually some of it sounds exactly like what I was theorycrafting in a MGS V FOB thread about the potential for asynchronous MP systems to supplement or support SP games in ways that are more.... add sort of theme, dynamism, flavour rather than, say, the anxiety of MP PvP. resource prices set by all players sounds cool in that it's dynamic enough that any imbalances will self-correct by profit seeking or beforehand by just outright arbitrage

I need to get back to Anno 2070, was about to build my Leisure Center before I lost my save when I got a new PC. I want to get into 1404, but the lack of streamlined UI they added in 2070 makes it far more annoying to play.

I've never played an Anno game before.. is it a City builder on a much bigger scale?

It's a production chain simulator that happens to have city building.

Huh, I had no idea this game existed. Wanted 2070, but the DRM was enough to put me off it. Might get this one on the cheap if it's half-decent and doesn't have the shitty DRM.

yeah visually looks awesome...

after MGS V's Mother Base and it basically being Metal Theft Solid, it really makes me want to play a game like this where I'm building near facilities and mining metals or extracting fuel haha (either that or an XCOM playthrough with my soldiers renamed after my favorite Diamond Dogs).

was wondering about those rare resources though... seemed a bit weird that, say, petrochemical could only buy bought from a trader or through combat... is that still a SP thing or do they mean online player trading and PvP... maybe I'm cynical but I was suddenly expecting him to say, or with our new virtual currency :O

Can't believe how quickly this one has arrived. Feels like yesterday that we were watching the announcement trailer. Can't wait to get stuck into this.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
was wondering about those rare resources though... seemed a bit weird that, say, petrochemical could only buy bought from a trader or through combat... is that still a SP thing or do they mean online player trading and PvP... maybe I'm cynical but I was suddenly expecting him to say, or with our new virtual currency :O

Graphene is a funny choice for a rare natural resource too considering it's manufactured from carbon. Oh well, gameplay!

Things are looking good. I like the combat zone idea.

Tizoc

Gonna try and get this off of Nuuvem since that is where it is cheapest.
Anyone know where else to get it for sub $40?

Is Anno 1404 any good or have any depth?

I have one of the sci-fi Annos, so I'm not sure what's new with this one outside of these module things, but I feel like Id enjoy the 1404 setting

Jb

Is Anno 1404 any good or have any depth?

I have one of the sci-fi Annos, so I'm not sure what's new with this one outside of these module things, but I feel like Id enjoy the 1404 setting

Yeah 1404 is fantastic (and gorgeous). Haven't played all of them but it's my favorite, hopefully until 2205.

prudislav

Big Brother Ubi
from EULA: (http://store.steampowered.com//eula/375910_eula_1)
4. CONSENT TO MONITOR.
When You are using the Product, the Product may monitor Your hardware random access memory (RAM) for unauthorized third party programs prohibited by Section 1 that interact with the Product. In the event that the Product detects such an unauthorized third party program, information may be communicated back to UBISOFT, including the name of your Account, your internet protocol (IP) address, details about the unauthorized third party program detected, and the time and date that the unauthorized third party program was detected, along with the hardware specifications and performance characteristics of Your hardware, with or without additional notice to You. If the Product detects the use of an unauthorized third party program, this License and Your access to the Product may be terminated with or without additional notice to You.
kinda scary , i know its against pirates but who knows if some random 3rd party soft can trigger such a callback to Ubi

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pre-load is up on Steam as of yesterday: 19.2GB install/10.9GB download. Not a bad compression ratio!

Shahadan

Is someone doing the OT?

The release is so close I'm gonna faint *_*

Anno 2205 |OT| Party like it's 2205

or the obvious

Anno 2205 |OT| Fly me to the moon

Are there any good deals around for it? With a 20% discount voucher it is still £40 for me from Green Man Gaming. It would be cheaper to buy a boxed copy.

I can put up a simple OT tonight unless someone else beats me to it.

Rosur

Are there any good deals around for it? With a 20% discount voucher it is still £40 for me from Green Man Gaming. It would be cheaper to buy a boxed copy.

I can put up a simple OT tonight unless someone else beats me to it.

I got it from cdkeys for £20.

Any sites gonna do reviews for this assuming their coming tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom