• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno 2205 announced (PC, November 3rd 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isomac

This was a nice surprise. I have wanted space Anno for long time. Well you only go to the moon but that is enough for now. I would like to get Mars expansion pack.

Steejee

As I noted in the conference thread, at first glance the Moon stuff looks like a dead ringer for the underwater stuff from 2070. Hopefully it's a little more varied than that was (felt that was a bit of an underwhelming aspect of 2070). Very pleasant surprise, even if I really don't want to have to load up uPlay.

la_briola

That sounds really cool, sadly I doubt my laptop will run it.

I'll have to buy it once I can run it!:(

I found Anno 2070 very hard to grasp, maybe I should try it again.

Try 1602, the first one. It still looks and plays great today. It's also a lot simpler.

I still play it from time to time! <3

pc-45638-41341182838wvsgb.jpg

If this is too old for you, try 1404!

Code:
[IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/33250/ss_592104ce5dcd98a9cf5e9bf83b7243ade5db617a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1397517049[/IMG]

Seanspeed

Banned
You need to manage resources in order to build and make your population happy and grow.
They are fantastic games and it's well worth checking out the old ones.
Don't know about the others, but with Anno 2070, there was also the campaign, which told a story and was often objective-orientated rather than simply growth orientated. This was a pretty big difference compared to something like SimCity.

Get an old one. They are still great!

Try 1602, the first one. It still looks and plays great today. It's also a lot simpler.

I still play it from time to time! <3

Code:
[IMG]http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/33250/ss_592104ce5dcd98a9cf5e9bf83b7243ade5db617a.1920x1080.jpg?t=1397517049[/IMG]

Thanks guys, I'll look at 1404.. I think that looks more to my tastes as I struggle with super dated stuff that I haven't played before.

It looks awesome.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Code:

Man what is up with the field placement in that screenshot. Bleargh.

Got to organize that shit. Optimize.

10352497794_70526b3f55_o.png

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Looking good!

The comments on the "game play" trailer have a good point. It's not actually showing any gameplay, it's just a trailer on that subject.

At least it appears to be mostly in-engine, and it's not like there's anything to worry about since it's just building on an existing interface.

Got to organize that shit. Optimize.

The BEST part of Anno games are refactoring your supply chains for bigger and/or more reliable output. Tearing things down so you can build it better elsewhere is awesome.

edit: I know it's cliche and stupid at this point, but honestly Ubi would sell twice the copies if they went whole hog Steam with this. I felt both 2070 and last year's M&M X (and this year's HoMM VII) were all commerically hamstrung by the required separate client/service, even if in the case of Anno 2070 the online features were actually really awesome.

Gothos

A was a bit disappointed by that last futuristic Anno (not sure the s-f theme fits this game), but well, we'll see. Anyway, November goona be gud for stratregy fans - XCOM 2 and now this!

Shahadan

I've played so much Anno 1404...but couldn't get into 2070 at all. I hated the visuals and I kept thinking every building looked the same. That was frustrating so I dropped it quickly.

I'm a bit afraid of this one...but I guess I'll try it at least

Walshicus

A was a bit disappointed by that last futuristic Anno (not sure the s-f theme fits this game), but well, we'll see. Anyway, November goona be gud for stratregy fans - XCOM 2 and now this!
Sci fi fits this game, but they'd be best placed making a successor to k240 instead, where the asteroid theme fits better than the moon.

Wiktor

Sci fi fits this game, but they'd be best placed making a successor to k240 instead, where the asteroid theme fits better than the moon.
It would loose to much variety and classic Anno style this way. The most brilliant thing about 2070 is that they finally made the series feel fresh again, but yet somehow it still felt like pure Anno.
I would love K240 sequel, but trying to force Anno into it wouldn't work.

Wiktor

edit: I know it's cliche and stupid at this point, but honestly Ubi would sell twice the copies if they went whole hog Steam with this. I felt both 2070 and last year's M&M X (and this year's HoMM VII) were all commerically hamstrung by the required separate client/service, even if in the case of Anno 2070 the online features were actually really awesome.
All of those games were still on sold on Steam and overall were financial successes. I doubt the ammount of "I won't buy anything on Steam that requires additional log-in" crowd is anywhere near big enough to make a real dent. They're propably even less successful in their boycotts than all those famous Modern Warfare 2 boycott groups were :)

Especially since with Anno and Heroes I suspect most of the sales might still come from retail

CTLance

No gog release, no buy.

I kid, I kid. I'm not quite as big a fan of the franchise, but I do love blue byte. So I will get this eventually. Right now I simply have too many other games competing for my attention, and I don't do preorders anymore, so there's that, but once a time slot opens up this will be the game to occupy it.

Shahadan

So I decided to give Anno 2070 another go, after all I had only played it a few hours at a friend's, maybe I'll like it better this time.

Bought it on steam sale.

"Ubisoft game launcher has not been found, please reinstall anno 2070"
So people were right. Fortunately I can try on another PC. But I should remember to not install it on a third one or I'm fucked!

I hope this 2205 will do it differently....oh well.
Time to try the new refund system

Sinatar

So I decided to give Anno 2070 another go, after all I had only played it a few hours at a friend's, maybe I'll like it better this time.

Bought it on steam sale.

"Ubisoft game launcher has not been found, please reinstall anno 2070"
So people were right. Fortunately I can try on another PC. But I should remember to not install it on a third one or I'm fucked!

I hope this 2205 will do it differently....oh well.
Time to try the new refund system

Just verify the game cache, should fix it.

Shahadan

Just verify the game cache, should fix it.

Tried that, it reacquired some files and then the autopatcher seems to fuck things up since I verified the cache again and it redownloaded stuff.

I've found some old threads on ubi forums saying to download and install the ubi launcher manually, but it says I have a more recent version on my computer. They then say to delete some ubi folders but I don't have any.
Even in hidden folders.

Ubi tech guys on threads I've found on the subject don't seem to know what to do next :lol:

I'll keep trying for a bit but it's already annoying

Sinatar

Tried that, it reacquired some files and then the autopatcher seems to fuck things up since I verified the cache again and it redownloaded stuff.

I've found some old threads on ubi forums saying to download and install the ubi launcher manually, but it says I have a more recent version on my computer. They then say to delete some ubi folders but I don't have any.
Even in hidden folders.

Ubi tech guys on threads I've found on the subject don't seem to know what to do next :lol:

I'll keep trying for a bit but it's already annoying

Jesus. Fucking Uplay.

Shahadan

Okay managed to fix it by deleting everything I could. Even found an hidden file with a numbered name after advice from someone who had the same problem.

Now Uplay is redownloading the dlc I alreayd had on steam and patch stuff again. I'm praying it doesn't mess things up :lol:

the incredibly small map size you were limited to was the main reason i never bothered trying anno games. 5 times bigger is long over do.

Anno

I was pretty bummed with 2070, but this looks quite promising. The future aesthetics are much less generic and, well, it's the goddamned moon.

Anno is my favorite series to chill out with.
I was LTTP, only getting on board when dawn of discovery came out, but man I love it.

Moving Colonies into space is the best idea. Lets grow space hemp.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The BEST part of Anno games are refactoring your supply chains for bigger and/or more reliable output. Tearing things down so you can build it better elsewhere is awesome.

You should look at the steam reviews for 2070. You'd think it was a terrible game until you actually read the reviews.

Reinstalled Anno 2070 over the weekend and took advantage of the sale to grab Deep Ocean (which I'd never played before). Obviously it's end game content, so I haven't seen any of the additional stuff yet, but it's been nice to get back into Anno for a refresher.

I've missed this series lots. Crazy hyped for 2205.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom