• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno 2205 announced (PC, November 3rd 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

It would be awesome if you had to manage an earth and moon base at the same time, and need resources from each other to grow both of them.

Kind of like the occidental/oriental settlements in anno 1404.

I can't imagine that is *not* how it works. I imagine moon colonies will be similar to underwater ones in 2070, maybe with slightly more expanded construction options. The trade ships headed towards earth in the trailer pretty much tell you all you need to know anyway, they will exist side by side for sure.

GWX

I loved Dawn of Discovery on the Wii back in the day, but the crazy DRMs Ubisoft were on during those times made me stay the hell away from the PC releases. Hopefully this won't require uPlay -.-

Sijil

YES!YES!YES! That will show all those nay sayers who doubted me when I said the next Anno will be in space, everyone was saying Anno is dead and Ubi will just make an online F2P pos Anno.

Loved Anno 2070 and it's eco theme ( I think it was partly inspired by the Venus project and Jacque Fresco architecture).

Jonnax

I love this series. Spent an age playing 1404 and 2070. Out of everything so far, this and Mirrors Edge got be really really really excited.

KIRAKIRA

Banned
I can't imagine that is *not* how it works. I imagine moon colonies will be similar to underwater ones in 2070, maybe with slightly more expanded construction options. The trade ships headed towards earth in the trailer pretty much tell you all you need to know anyway, they will exist side by side for sure.

I guess, what I loved about 1404 is that you could either decide to grow your western settlement and make your eastern settlement the providing settlement, or you could make a really advanced eastern one and supply it with your western. I hope that they will include an option like that where you can expand heavily and make your moonbase your dominant one.

Also they would have to make you play with two maps, probably?

draetenth

Is this going to have the DRM that the last one had (tages I think)? I have it, but have been afraid to play it due to the activation limit...

Sijil

Is this going to have the DRM that the last one had (tages I think)? I have it, but have been afraid to play it due to the activation limit...

Didn't they remove the TAGES a long time ago? Pretty sure they did, must've reinstalled the game over 10 times without issues and I think they made an announcement out of removing TAGES.

Gr8one

Really looking forward to this release, it looks great. Us PC strategy fans seem to be getting spoiled in the last couple of years. I love it!

I might be wrong but I don't think Anno 2070 had tages, I think it was just 1404 and it was removed from what I remember.

Hastati

Only played a bit of their last release, but I enjoyed it a lot. I like how you can play these games in a slice-of-life kind of way, it's fun to just relax and watch your own world unfold before you with a slight fantasy theme. This one looks great, will probably pick it up!

draetenth

Didn't they remove the TAGES a long time ago? Pretty sure they did, must've reinstalled the game over 10 times without issues and I think they made an announcement out of removing TAGES.

I might be wrong but I don't think Anno 2070 had tages, I think it was just 1404 and it was removed from what I remember.

Odd, the steam store page still lists Tages - 3 machine activation limit on it and enhanced steam says "Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Ubisoft Uplay, Tages)", but maybe it isn't active? I haven't tried installing it so I don't really know...

If it really is gone, they should definitely remove that from the store page.

Gr8one

Odd, the steam store page still lists Tages - 3 machine activation limit on it and enhanced steam says "Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Ubisoft Uplay, Tages)", but maybe it isn't active? I haven't tried installing it so I don't really know...

If it really is gone, they should definitely remove that from the store page.

I did some sleuthing and Ubi did remove it from 1404 when they re-released it on Steam last year, but it looks like 2070 still has it which is a shame. Just read a steam thread on it and the last post from March of this year says they hit their machine activation limit:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/48240/discussions/0/648814843645339876/?insideModal=1#p2

RiverBed

Banned
YES YES YES! I am soo fucking excited! For months I keep searching for any news on Anno, going through foreign language sites trying to find anything new on this series aside from mobile shit.
And best of all, this new one doesn't have that ugly fucking foggy filter effect ruining the game's visuals like in 2070. It has a clean look like 1404. I am absolutely excited for this and this is by far my biggest and greatest surprise at E3 by a loong shot!

FUCKING AWESOME!!

baby+holding+passport.jpg

zulfate

omg wow best game of E3, hands down greatest game of all time hype goats! @_@
hype goats!

please gaf tell what game lets you build bases on the moon and TRANSFER its resources to earth!? tell me!!?

but seriously this is like the best news ive heard, fallout was expected heck even ff7 was expected...but motherfucking-anno? i was not expecting this goat.

Wiktor

Fuck yeah. First Dishonored II now Anno 2205, my two favorite games of of last couple years getting sequels.

Anno 2070 was absolutely brilliant. Really happy they're pushing fotward into future instead of going back. 2070 introduced so much new gameplay depth and I don't think it could have been retained without SF setting.

Wiktor

I loved Dawn of Discovery on the Wii back in the day, but the crazy DRMs Ubisoft were on during those times made me stay the hell away from the PC releases. Hopefully this won't require uPlay -.-
It's Ubisoft's own game, by studio they own. Of course it will require uPlay. Same with Settlers 8 and Heroes 7
Worth it though. Anno 2070 was the first city builder where I felt the online functionallity actually added a lot to the experience.

Wurst

YES! After this crazy E3 day this is still the best announcement for me.
Never expected this to show up at the presentation.

I loove the art direction. Anno 2070 looked so brown and bleak.

I'm down for this. And many more people should be excited too. Anno is the best city builder out there. So utterly relaxing to sit back and watch your empire grow. Hope my laptop runs this.

Wurst

Maybe you should've played the Ecos once in a while :p
Nothing brown or bleak there!

I did play the ecos a lot! ;)
I still thought the buildings looked like something out of Gears of War.. 2205 however looks clean and sharp. I like that art direction a lot better.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah. 2070 didn't really do it for me.

Will check this out though. Looks great.

Kinda this, but the trailer was neat and I trust them after making so many good Anno games (I didn't dislike 2070, just preferred older settings). So this is an announcement that makes me real happy, very unexpected.

QaaQer

2070 crashes @ launch because of some uplay bullshit on my pc. I'd like to play the next one, but I feel ripped off with 2070.

The Foul

Hyped. Game of E3 for me. I too was worried ubiBB was stuck doing mobile games but this has restored a lot of my faith in Ubicorp, enough so to commit a few gaming sins and preorder the collectors edition ($120 AUD) from the hype trailer call to action. Will be good to try out a steam controller and link to my lounge TV, Armchair Anno is real people, it truly is the future.

Edit: Screens from the site

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9U37n9w.jpg[/IMG]
[URL="http://i.imgur.com/9U37n9w.jpg"]Link[/URL]
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AvgD3gF.jpg[/IMG]
[URL="http://i.imgur.com/AvgD3gF.jpg"]Link[/URL]
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gh1KbCh.jpg[/IMG]
[URL="http://i.imgur.com/gh1KbCh.jpg"]Link[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.