• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy (First on PS4/Vita)

khaaan

KAyb.png

Director: Hiroki Chiba
Release: TBA 2016
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlEb_58oD5c
Official Website: www.worldoffinalfantasy.com
Press Release:
LOS ANGELES (June 16, 2015) – SQUARE ENIX® today unveiled WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY™, expanding the FINAL FANTASY® universe for a new generation of gamers. Players will collect, raise and take into battle the monsters of FINAL FANTASY lore, drawing on a rich history of iconic creatures, from the charming to the ferocious. WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY will be available in 2016 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita systems.

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY combines classic RPG gameplay mechanics with fresh and imaginative toy-like visuals. As a brand-new title in the FINAL FANTASY franchise, this game can be enjoyed by both fans and newcomers to the series. Players will lead a pair of twins through varied FINAL FANTASY worlds and encounter the adorably familiar monsters therein. Capture and raise such familiar beasts as cactuar, chocobo, and behemoth to discover alternate forms and learn new abilities.

One of the key features of the game is a “stacking” ability – the siblings can adjust their size, turning small enough to jump onto the monsters during combat, or vice versa, shrink the monsters small enough to ride on the twins. By customizing and stacking their army of monsters, players can create strategic tower combinations and take on the most challenging opponents.

Story: Idiot pre-teens lost their memories and will probably have to use the combined power of their hearts to prove that friendship and love can conquer anything.

Interview: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/071/1071099/

In the blitz online prior to the announcement of this work to collect a great deal of attention as a new work of "Final Fantasy (FF)" series, or shine the interview in Chiba Hiroki's director. In conjunction with published screen photo, it's fortunate if you could continue reading while inflating the chest to the expectations.
If you give an example of the most simple part, and three bodies of the characters that have piled up, each have the ability of "fire", It is a condition that said that "Faiga" is used to when I crossed the tower. Basically, to play like everyone I be easy to imagine because I think to have entered are a wide variety, please try to imagine.

Screenshots:

Sony's been dropping some bombshells so a colorful, super deformed entry that features aspects drawn from across the franchise probably isn't something that people have on the mind....but I loved what I saw. Square giving Vita some love earned some big points from me as well.

Edit: Thanks to whomever changed the title to note that it's first on PS4/Vita

Jawmuncher

Funny enough I went "I really don't care about this", then saw it was coming out on vita and went "in buying this day 1". The power of platform.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Absolutely GORGEOUS WOW, everything good is coming out in 2016 UGH

Yeah, I was afraid of that after the earlier comments by Sony.
Still enough this year between 3rd party and backlog.

This could be a pleasant gameplay>graphics surprise.

NolbertoS

Feels like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Will buy for Vita. Too cute to play on the big screen, just feels like this chibi RPG suits the Vita's tastes

BasilZero

When I saw this - I was like "NOT FINAL FANTASY VII".

But after seeing it again - I am getting it as well ;3

Alongside FFVII Remake!

Will be getting the PS4 ver.

Definitely the announcement during Sony's conference that got me the most excited. I hope its full fledged title and not a super stripped down rpg. Such a great look and art style

FiraB

Banned
Am I the only one that still doesn't know what I'm looking at with that game?

Is it full rpg or simulation elements ala animal crossing, is it pokemon? is it digimon?

I'm still left confuzzled by that trailer after the third time, need more info.

Dice//

Banned
This game totally got buried by the FF7-nuke (or meteor?).

It's cute. I hate the box people, but I have a strange fondness for their compilation games.

Top Bottom