• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy (First on PS4/Vita)

Kasper

This looks just like the kind of game I would LOVE to play on the Vita. I'm so fucking there. Day 1, gimmegimmegimme!

The befriending monsters part sounds pretty cool actually. I'm more interested in this now.

The main characters have bleh designs though. :/

Why do the main characters look like Roxas and Namine?

Yeah, they have a very Kingdom Heartsy-look to them.

Still, love the more classic looking FF world(see Cornelia castle in the background in a scene that's recreated from the "crossing of the bridge" intro of FFI). Even though I'm still geeking over FFVII Remake's announcement, I really like the look of this game. I've always wanted something like it, actually, for a while. Seems to be turned based too, which is a big plus(I'll always love turn-based RPGs). Two FF-related games announced that peak my interest considerably. Especially considering how games like Mobius and Crystal of Time and Space's "styles" totally aren't what I'd ever consider playing. Seeing them announce this two at Sony's conference, I'm kinda wondering if Square Enix's own conference might also hold some really cool announcements. Here's hoping!

Reveirg

I find it interesting that the musical theme is closer to Hamauzu's XIII version of the prologue than the classic one.

Super cute and adorable. Would definitely double dip on this one... somehow I have the bad feeling that this might be F2P though. :(

Ryan95

I really appreciate it's on Vita and its chibi style. I just find the "human" forms of the main characters terrible. Anyways, I'm probably going to buy it.

CamHostage

If they had introduced this right, I think it could have gone over well, it's a cute and attractive game and might be something worth investing in. Give it a little less lead-up, a little more "we wanted to try something different and unexpected with Final Fantasy", and a little different editing that didn't start with weird text (especially "Do you remember it all?", when we're all expecting this fabled FF7 remake on the rumormill) and it could have had its own moment.

Hopefully people are discovering it now, the chibi battle sequences in particular are curious.

Reveirg

I'm not sure I get why they announced it straight before FF7R. It's being completely overshadowed by it but it could've been a pretty interesting announcement for fans.

Can't wait to see more.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I like it. Will get on Vita.

Totes adorbs. My PS4 and Vita are so ready for this.

Looking forward to learning more about this game as the concept is interesting.

Assuming it's not some freemium tomfoolery, I'll definitely be checking this out on Vita. Based Square Enix, the only major publisher still making Vita games in 2016.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
It's adorable. :3

I love it. I'm definitely in.

Wagram

They should have saved this for the SE conference to be honest. Totally buried the game, which kind of sucks for it.

My first thoughts based on the graphical style were: OK, Now Final Fantasy is jumping on the Skylanders/Infinity/Amiibo bandwagon. Better not give them any ideas!

Looks charmingly fun by the way!

Top Bottom