• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 - 11 Minutes of New Gameplay (offscreen)

mcz117chief

Why do I feel like I played this before ? It does look extremely similar to the first two games. Any new things that would warrant getting the 3rd game if I already played the second ? I am not trying to be a downer, I think that people who haven't played the first two should definitely wait and play this one, but is there any reason for players of the previous game to get it ?

glaurung

Why do I feel like I played this before ? It does look extremely similar to the first two games. Any new things that would warrant getting the 3rd game if I already played the second ? I am not trying to be a downer, I think that people who haven't played the first two should definitely wait and play this one, but is there any reason for players of the previous game to get it ?
kevin-spacey-confused-o.gif

Dinjooh

Did you see their presentation during Square Enix' press conference?

I wasn't sold on it either before that.

mcz117chief

Did you see their presentation during Square Enix' press conference?

I wasn't sold on it either before that.

Yeah, of course I did.

something you don't understand ? I think I made my position clear but I can rephrase it for you if you want. What I meant to say is that it is a good game for people who haven't played the first two but people who already did don't have much of a reason to get it, or at least I don't see it.

GHG

They are improving on a fantastic platform from the previous game, adding to it and making a few subtle changes. Why should they do anything different when that's all fans of the 2nd game want?

If that doesn't excite you then maybe the game isn't for you?

mcz117chief

They are improving on a fantastic platform from the previous game, adding to it and making a few subtle changes. Why should they do anything different when that's all fans of the 2nd game want?

Yeah, I don't think it is worth it to play $60 for "few subtle changes". No reason to stop playing Just Cause 2 though. Maybe once it goes on steam for like $5 then I will get it.

GHG

Yeah, I don't think it is worth it to play $60 for "few subtle changes". No reason to stop playing Just Cause 2 though. Maybe once it goes on steam for like $5 then I will get it.

Yeh, enjoy your wingsuit, the new map, new story and new missions in JC2 then.

glaurung

Have you tried out working for GiantBomb? They're just as negative about gaming lately.

The new game has better physics, more detailed destruction, enhanced vehicle physics and handling, better aerodynamics, better grapple hook interaction etc. If that is not for you, keep playing GTA III and Just Cause 2 because they're apparently the pinnacle of gaming.

SJRB

Gold Member
Crucial question: can I do acrobatics in the sky? Like, you know, do some flips while skydiving?

This is essential information.

Have you tried out working for GiantBomb? They're just as negative about gaming lately.

The new game has better physics, more detailed destruction, enhanced vehicle physics and handling, better aerodynamics, better grapple hook interaction etc. If that is not for you, keep playing GTA III and Just Cause 2 because they're apparently the pinnacle of gaming.

Lol. You mean the same guys that were absolutely bursting with enthusiasm about how fucking awesome Just Cause 3 is during the SE conference stream?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Dayum. This has me so hyped. I just hope different areas are actually different this time and the game doesn't fall in to the same copy and paste trap JC2 did.

mcz117chief

What did you want? A different genre?

Ask yourself this: Why do you buy games within a franchise ? For some it might be graphical improvements, refined gameplay and such but for me it is a story. Since Just Cause 2 has superficial story then the only think that made me play it is for the gameplay. And since that is not going to change then I have no reason to get this game, so I came here to ask if there is anything that could convince me to get it and all I got were gifs and snarky remarks.

keep playing GTA III and Just Cause 2

I did buy GTA 1 way back in the days and then San Andreas because they were very different from one another, since then I haven't bought any other GTA game, do you get my drift ?

glaurung

Ask yourself this: Why do you buy games within a franchise ? For some it might be graphical improvements, refined gameplay and such but for me it is a story. Since Just Cause 2 has superficial story then the only think that made me play it is for the gameplay. And since that is not going to change then I have no reason to get this game, so I came here to ask if there is anything that could convince me to get it and all I got were gifs and snarky remarks.
tumblr_mwggcbSkL41qcga5ro1_500.gif

This is NeoGAF, dude. If you don't like games, why do you come here?

Honestly, i'm a big fan of JC 2 (never played JC 1 though), but i do feel a bit mixed about it being so incredibly similar to JC 2. On the hand i guess it is sort of what i wanted, but i think i would've appreciated some truly different twists about it all.

I'll certainly buy it at some point, but now that i've seen this i think i can wait it out for a healthy discount.

I knew the "you can go to the mountains" line would come as soon as I realized the video had narration.
Game looks fantastic and a ton of fun.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It does look 'similar' to Just Cause 2 but much prettier and better physics etc but that's personally what I want from a Just Cause game. From your perspective, if those improvements don't interest you and you're very much a story person I think you've probably had your fill with JC2. Avalanche don't exactly make compelling stories IMO, but they do great playgrounds to fuck about in.

Eat your heart out, MGSV
DVimCMB.gif

This is my dream JC2 followup. Being able to remotely control when your tethers retract looks so cool, the wingsuit basically lets you fly for reals, infinite C4, fully-automatic rocket launcher that can be fired while paragliding, ALL BRIDGES IN THE GAME CAN BE DESTROYED!

mcz117chief

So what do you expect to be completely different in JC3 that would make it worth it?

Space environment would have been one thing. That would add a whole new layer to the game. Taking place on a continent as well with big cities to potentially demolish. Dedicated multiplayer (is in it JC3? I know about the mod for JC2). Destroyable terrain.

Those would be a good start.

Arttemis

Where did that come from ? I hate games because I don't think buying a content update for $60 is worth it ?

'Content update'...

Oh please. Straight up ignorant asshole-grade flamebaiting right there. You can apply multiple tethers to multiple items, and the physics of the materials react realistically to each one. The engine lets you mow down fields of sunflowers, and it persists as you fly into the air an observe your work. There's a wingsuit, and they've implemented tweaks to the parachute to allow for gliding combat. You can now stunt WALK all over the top of your vehicles instead of just staying planted on one fixed spot above your vehicle/plane. A whole new area with missions. A whole new level of graphical fidelity.

You don't have to like it, you can want more, but calling this whole package with a new engine and all new content a 'content update' just asinine BS.

mcz117chief

'Content update'...

Oh please. Straight up ignorant asshole-grade flamebaiting right there. You can apply multiple tethers to multiple items, and the physics of the materials react realistically to each one. The engine lets you mow down fields of sunflowers, and it persists as you fly into the air an observe your work. There's a wingsuit, and they've implemented tweaks to the parachute to allow for gliding combat. You can now stunt WALK all over the top of your vehicles instead of just staying planted on one fixed spot above your vehicle/plane. A whole new area with missions. A whole new level of graphical fidelity.

You don't have to like it, you can want more, but calling this whole package with a new engine and all new content a 'content update' just asinine BS.

I didn't come up with that, that is what people in this thread told me it is. I just wanted to know if there is a reason for me to get it since I played the second game. That is all, if people would just tell me what you said without the insults I would be content.

DrBo42

'Content update'...

Yeah it's a seemingly solid iteration based on a successful formula. Calling it just a content update is a bit unfair. New map looks very nice.

Call it what you like. Content update is selling it very short.

Having played the first two ive only wanted 1 simple thing: MORE!

And nobody's forcing you to buy it. But come winter I'll be laughing my ass off while blowing stuff up. Happy Christmas to me.

Top Bottom