• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 - 11 Minutes of New Gameplay (offscreen)

tumblr_mwggcbSkL41qcga5ro1_500.gif

This is NeoGAF, dude. If you don't like games, why do you come here?

Wait, this is NeoGAF, the only reason you come here is if you don't like games.

BigDug13

I present you Far Cry 4

After playing Co-Op in that I was DYING for something like that to be available for Just Cause.

It doesnt need to be GTA online with tons of people running around

I would settle for 2-4 players at this point

Exactly. Crackdown is a third person sandbox game and it offered 2 player co-op. Like 7 years ago. Why is it still so rare? GTA doesn't have it. Just Cause doesn't have it. Hardly any "single player experience" games offer 2 player co-op and that kinda sucks. At least make it like Far Cry 4 where it's just to play in the sandbox if you don't want to retool the story mode balance.

DrBo42

Exactly. Crackdown is a third person sandbox game and it offered 2 player co-op. Like 7 years ago. Why is it still so rare? GTA doesn't have it. Just Cause doesn't have it. Hardly any "single player experience" games offer 2 player co-op and that kinda sucks. At least make it like Far Cry 4 where it's just to play in the sandbox if you don't want to retool the story mode balance.

Just Cause is a much larger scope. Harder to make that work in co-op. Crackdown is very much about that fantastic locomotion on the ground while JC is all over the place with jets and gliding etc. Not saying it's impossible but something I feel like they'd have to design the world with it in mind.

Ask yourself this: Why do you buy games within a franchise ? For some it might be graphical improvements, refined gameplay and such but for me it is a story. Since Just Cause 2 has superficial story then the only think that made me play it is for the gameplay. And since that is not going to change then I have no reason to get this game, so I came here to ask if there is anything that could convince me to get it and all I got were gifs and snarky remarks.

People just sense the fundamental dishonesty from your posts, that's all.

I did buy GTA 1 way back in the days and then San Andreas because they were very different from one another, since then I haven't bought any other GTA game, do you get my drift ?

This thread is not about you. All that your posts achieve is talking about you, discussing your preferences and tastes. But this thread is about the game. No need to come in and hijack it with this annoying crap.

Lego Boss

Yeah, SR2 had it and that quite extensive destructible environments (which JC2 has) and Crackdown had it (which has the verticality of JC2), so it's a good question why it hasn't been included since (apart from the fact the netcode on SR2 was a jankfest).

Raptor

Yeah, it's just a stylistic thing for the video, not an actual part of gameplay. Same with those bits where the camera zooms way out to a cinematic angle. It's less a direct capture of gameplay and more of a long-form trailer.

I was just about to ask that, because if it cuts to those little cinematic shit everytime I do something badass then is a no sale for me.

Multiple tethers and the wingsuit are definitely cool. In not a fan of the choice system but it would seem that can be ignored. One thing that is bugging me is it seems destruction is faster and disappears faster than JC2.

DrBo42

Multiple tethers and the wingsuit are definitely cool. In not a fan of the choice system but it would seem that can be ignored. One thing that is bugging me is it seems destruction is faster and disappears faster than JC2.

There is no choice system. It was for viewers to vote on how they went about things. Come on guys. Haha.

Woffls

Welp, when I feel like playing more Just Cause, this will be be looaddsss of fun. I was sold at wingsuit, but it looks like they really understand where to improve on JC2 and what the players enjoy doing.

I really want more floating disco blimps with airstrips. Make them move, though, so it's actually a challenge to land on them.

All of the improvements look and sound delicious. I'm so excited now!
The trailers did very little for me though. I wish they had played a bit of the game during conference instead.

AngryMoth

Looks like they've built an incredible sandbox.

My only worry watching this is that they've made Rico too overpowered for any missions to feel challenging.

Top Bottom