• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New stage revealed for Street Fighter V and Ono confirmed that he would be at EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
New Stage for Street Fighter V!

New stage just revealed for Street Fighter V - the Forgotten Waterfall! Taking inspiration directly from New Zealand

CJUe6c0WoAAOo_x.jpg:orig

Combo on new stage

Look familiar? Maybe you’ve seen the top of it in a previous Street Fighter. Each of the stages has been inspired by various locales throughout the world with the Forgotten Waterfall’s inspiration being directly pulled from New Zealand.

Ono on EVO

It's no brainer that Ono would be at EVO but a confirmation is still nice tho!

Credits to De-mon and SolidSnakeX

Joey Ravn

Banned
OK, I get it. Work in progress, it's a fighting game so backgrounds aren't really important, gameplay over graphical fidelity...

But, man, those textures. That rock just above Ryu and the sheep. Even if it has some sort of weird filter over the image, it just doesn't look good, IMO.

Just to be clear, I'm excited for this game, but that rock touched a nerve...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
At first glance, I thought the stage would be from Patagonia Region in Argentina and Chile.

Also Is that loch ness monster in background?

SamVimes

Does inspired by New Zealand means it's in New Zealand? Because i don't remember any stages from there and it says we've already seen it in a previous Street Fighter.

Greenzxy

OK, I get it. Work in progress, it's a fighting game so backgrounds aren't really important, gameplay over graphical fidelity...

But, man, those textures. That rock just above Ryu and the sheep. Even if it has some sort of weird filter over the image, it just doesn't look good, IMO.

Just to be clear, I'm excited for this game, but that rock touched a nerve...

I think the filters are going to look like something like this in end (for the characters at least).

ryu.png

chun.png

It's a Capcom conspiracy and they're probably hiding the final build from us.

Neoxon

Those sheep though...
I'd rather have meh-looking sheep that don't lag the game than sheep that look amazing & cause framerate dips. That being said, the game's a work in progress, so maybe they'll try to get them to look better without compromising the framerate.

Raitaro

Give us the new character already..

To each their own, but I for one care as much about stages as I do about characters, so I'm very happy to see a new one revealed - especially one as pretty as this one (assuming it will be polished up some more, as some of the background elements do look SFIV style blurry and lacking in detail right now).

I also hope they will (fully reduce lag in normal stages and) disable the eventual training stage from competitive play this time as I'm sick of seeing those used almost exclusively in tournaments.

Can't help but feel EVO players only want a new Training Stage

If we would only listen to EVO players, fighting games would never evolve in any way (as they already barely have) or have any sort of emphasis on context and presentation. They would be like chess games in actuality in other words and not just as an Ono metaphor. To me, a fighting game - just as any game really - should never be reduced completely to its core gameplay else we lose all experiential / narrative / aesthetic elements that made it attractive to play in the first place. I realize others may disagree with this, but that's my view at least.

LeleSocho

Banned
That stage looks really really nice, if the water at the right looks as good as i hope maybe it will be even better than Overpass of SF4.

Kumubou

Can't help but feel EVO players only want a new Training Stage
I'm about 99% certain that competitive players would much rather have the technical QA done so that every stage runs at a locked 60fps instead of the shitshow that is SF4 randomly dropping frames on stages, which is why you see so much training stage in that game.

It's the same reason why you only ever see the Danger Room and Bonne Wonderland in UMvC3, as those stages have the least number of framerate issues.

Raitaro

For those wanting it, there seems to be a new (very bland imo, compared to SFxT and MVC3) training stage shown here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2015/07/07/street-fighter-v-beta-breakdown

Seems like the training stage is included in the beta as well. The link also shows a second pic of the new stage by the way.

Has anyone got a clue what this hint refers to: "Look familiar? Maybe you’ve seen the top of it in a previous Street Fighter."? Which old stage showed the top of this waterfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom