• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus × Vanillaware New Project Teaser - To be revealed in September

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=968348

Related?

Gri69Az.jpg

e: probably no.

I'm happy for more Vanillaware, but a bit worried that they chose to go with Atlus.

Atlus usually treats Europe like crap.

They just had their biggest success ever with Atlus, so it's no surprise that they're sticking with them. And Atlus doesn't treat Europe like crap, they don't have a publishing arm there so there isn't a whole lot that they can do.

MLH

I'm sort of pleased it's something entirely different, I know I would've liked something similar to Dragon's Crown, maybe DC2, but a lot of people tend to get bored of high fantasy, so this should be something nice.

Yeah baby! Bring on the Vanillaware.

Vanillaware does Robocop!

The ability to buy PS4 games from any region digitally and normally no region locking on discs means I'm not worried about missing out on this game in Europe.

With all of their recent games being on Vita, I hope this one will also be :)

I'd expect the platforms to be identical to the Odin Sphere announcement (PS4/3/Vita). After the huge success that Vanillaware had with DC on the Vita, there's no way that they'll ditch it now.

NotLiquid

I'd very much like to see Vanillaware tackle sci-fi. After their previous games have mostly had historical aesthetics, this should be a welcome shift.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Is sci-fi mentioned specifically somewhere? Why does a circuit board and green text imply science fiction over anything else digital?

RyoonZ

Banned
What a day to be alive...japanese games coming full force on playstation.

PlayStation is always JapaneseStation, it's only because of PS3 failure that last gen we don't see much games for it, even then it wasn't completely abandoned and the devs were coming back at the twilight of PS3 years, and now it's coming back again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
At least they announced it as Atlus x Vanillaware instead of like SMT x Dragon's Crown, which will later on turn out to be a J-pop beat 'em up where you beat your enemies with the power of song, love and boobs.

kewlmyc

Vanillaware has been getting better with the gameplay in each one of their games, so hopefully the gameplay is great in this.

sense

if this is new project then i hope the partnership continues and grand knights history is something that will be done in hd at some point also

Top Bottom