• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom gauging Remake 2 interest

Jawmuncher

What about Dino Crisis Capcom. What about Dino Crisis!!!!!

With that out of the way, to me a RE2 Remake would need to follow the REmake style. Faithful but also it's own thing. As well as kept to the static camera angles.
I really don't want RE2 over the shoulder. This is coming from someone who loves RE4,5, and 6.

Takao

Banned
Reading that makes it seems like they're gauging interest about whether or not they should C&D the fan remake, not make one of their own.

mp1990

Banned
Oh yes, would buy it in a blink. Well, if they added the new control scheme as well, like they did on REmaster.

RE2 is one of my favorite PSOne games so I would love to see it get completely remade for current gen. No tank controls or ink ribbon only saves.
Reading that makes it seems like they're gauging interest about whether or not they should C&D the fan remake, not make one of their own.

Lame if so. I thought it was getting the FFVII Remake treatment. I forgot Capcom doesn't seem to have money to fund anything.

A remake of RE2 seems like a pretty safe investment though so they should do it.

ElTopo

Banned
I'm going to be "that guy" and request that it plays like RE 4. I don't think that old Tank Control style has aged well. I couldn't get into REmake because of it.

I grew up on the original games (played the PC versions back in the day) but only RE 4 I can go back to and play whenever. There could still be an emphasis on conserving ammo and that can work with the RE 4 style.

Build it like REmake a lot of the same but also new things for veterans players.
nothing would make me happier than an RE 2 remake... please Capcom...

RE2 is one of my favorite PSOne games so I would love to see it get completely remade for current gen. No tank controls or ink ribbon only saves.

giphy.gif

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Claire Redfield aka. the best girl in the series deserves this remake! Get on it Capcom!

Just use the Revelations 2 engine if $$$ is an issue. Might be cheaper than all CG brand new backgrounds.

Keep the same camera angles, new pre-rendered backgrounds, better and more dynamic sounds, re-composed music, brand spanking new models, character models capable of displaying detailed actions and facial emotions, the modern actors re-record the lines, refining of the tank controls.

Thats pretty much what I want, but Capcom will fuck it up.

I'm going to be "that guy" and request that it plays like RE 4. I don't think that old Tank Control style has aged well. I couldn't get into REmake because of it.

I grew up on the original games (played the PC versions back in the day) but only RE 4 I can go back to and play whenever. There could still be an emphasis on conserving ammo and that can work with the RE 4 style.

You could use analog control in REmake HD, don't see why they would remove that from a hypothetical REmake 2.

Corpekata

Banned
The whole "Since the brand is owned" blah blah stuff makes me think they are talking about the fan mad stuff lately too. That would be a weird thing to bring up otherwise.

Strange they wasted resources on REO when no one asked for it, but an actual remake of 2 which is one of the most popular games in the series? Let's gauge interest. WTH?

Takao

Banned
Eh, I didn't get that vibe at all.

Emphasis mine:

Hello Resident Evil fans!
This is Capcom R&D Division 1!

First off, we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all Resident Evil fans, for your passion, enthusiasm and continued support for the Resident Evil brand.

Enthusiasm for a Resident Evil 2 Remake is something we've been hearing from you over the years, and has drawn some recent attention in the media.

However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?

Resident Evil 2: Reborn was making waves again last week for its UE4 unveiling.

Capcom has no issue re-releasing old RE games, so them doing a remake doesn't seem like something they'd need to ask fans about (or ponder about brand identity). Why specify that Capcom owns RE? That's common knowledge ...

Jawmuncher

The whole "Since the IP is owned" blah blah stuff makes me think they are talking about the fan mad stuff lately too. That would be a weird thing to bring up otherwise.

Yeah rereading it sounds like that. But begs the question why did they word it so oddly?

lupinko

Claire Redfield aka. the best girl in the series deserves this remake! Get on it Capcom!

Just use the Revelations 2 engine if $$$ is an issue. Might be cheaper than all CG brand new backgrounds.

They should bring back Elza Walker for the remake.

So Leon can be in a harem scenario, Leon x Claire x Ada x Elza. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lulubop

Strange they wasted resources on REO when no one asked for it, but an actual remake of 2 which is one of the most popular games in the series? Let's gauge interest. WTH?

Uh, a lot less resources to bring RE0 into HD than completelty remake a game. I'm not sure how you even came to that conclusion.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

I have no idea how you're getting that from their post.

EDIT: Oops, missed you post above. Okay, that sorta makes sense I suppose?

Curufinwe

Zero is an easy port now they've done REmake.

An actual remake of RE2 would involve far more time and money.

Top Bottom