• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to PS4. Will be playable at TGS.

Netto-kun

Edit: Uh, how did I miss out on the "2" in the title. Of course I meant Phantasy Star Online 2.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/106/1106855/

PS4 version will launch in 2016.

FuI8I36.jpg

ImWzw5g.jpg

XBdeEIy.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
normally yes but online games can impose ip-restrictions
The Vita version doesn't have any restrictions (other than still being blocked by some Western ISPs), so I doubt that the PS4 version will be any different.

Don't see it making it west, but its cool that its finally hitting PS4.

PS4 means it has chances of coming to the West! COULD LIAM FINALLY WIN THE BET!?

Will he win the bet? Or is this all a part of Pat's elaborate ruse to finally crush Liam's youthful spirit?

kiryogi

Banned
It's been on Vita for a while. Adding PS4 support for Japan alone doesn't make much sense unless they're looking for Western market..

Or like SE they're also trying to just revive the market in Japan.

I definitely see this coming over now. No Vita version was annoying but understandable given sales here.

No Vita version. . . ? The West didn't even get the PC version! Folks need to stop deluding themselves on a domestic PSO2.

But is it coming out in the west? Time to see if Sega is actually going to listen to fans.

Of course it isn't. If you've even seen a fraction of the amount of collaboration content in PSO2 you'd know that if it ever got localised you'd only be getting a fraction of the content localised. It's a licensing nightmare, and Sega can't even be bothered localising guaranteed profit makers let alone "risky", expensive MMO ventures.

Top Bottom