• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to PS4. Will be playable at TGS.

Dereck

For once I'm pleased with the responses here, very level headed and reasonable. No one said it was coming to the west.

tok6rnQ.gif

K.Sabot

More chance of a gamma ray hitting the earth and disintegrating us all than PSO2 getting an American English release that isn't completely butchered or half-assed or year and a half behind with no special cross-promotion events.

Kouriozan

I was wondering why it didn't come on it sooner since it's already on Vita, might be because of the awful consoles sales there.

For a good reason...?

Because setting up, localizing, patching, hiring staff and maintaining an MMO is insanely expensive and Sega doesn't have the money to toss around for the low amount of people in the West that would actually play it for the investment to pay off.

Not to mention how FARRRRRRR behind we are at this point in the game's lifespan.

Dereck

Because setting up, localizing, patching, hiring staff and maintaining an MMO is insanely expensive and Sega doesn't have the money to toss around for the low amount of people in the West that would actually play it for the investment to pay off.

Not to mention how FARRRRRRR behind we are at this point in the game's lifespan.

It's not worth the time or the money spent that would need to be spent running an MMO in the West. An MMO is huge investment with potential for little return, especially if the game is F2P.
Thanks

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

If they're putting funds in to develop a PS4 version, why wouldn't they want the relatively massive US playerbase playing it?

Time to dust off my old jp account. I lost my vita pso2 account so I guess I'll have go go through captcha hell again for a new one. Totally worth it though:).

If they're putting funds in to develop a PS4 version, why wouldn't they want the relatively massive US playerbase playing it?

There's a big difference between the amount of funds needed to develop a PS4 version and the amount of funds required to run an MMO in the west.

Aki-at

Really interested the rational behind this, Sakai recently said it'd be a waste of resources to make a Playstation 4 version, or maybe I dreamt that.

(Imagine the hype if they announced this at Playstation Experience haha.)

There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says: Fool me once... shame on... shame on you... you fool me can't get fooled again

Blueblur1

I tweeted Gio Corsi and Adam Boyes. You know, I'm trying to at least do something even though localization chances are super fucking slim. :-(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Really interested the rational behind this, Sakai recently said it'd be a waste of resources to make a Playstation 4 version, or maybe I dreamt that.

(Imagine the hype if they announced this at Playstation Experience haha.)
He said that they aren't thinking about making the PS4 version during a livestream in May.

Kama_1082

Banned
I tweeted Gio Corsi and Adam Boyes. You know, I'm trying to at least do something even though localization chances are super fucking slim. :-(
I bet every time they read these kinds of tweets they think "God damn these fucking beggars, leave me alone".

At least those would be my thoughts if I were them.

sense

Now that it is coming to ps4 it will come overseas, take it to the bank!!! Ffxiv success is tempting and Sega prolly waited to complete ps4 version before bringing it over with cross platform play. If we are lucky maybe vita too

I wonder if this is the game that the head of SEGA was teasing for TGS? If so, that's really lacklustre (a port is supposed to show SEGA fans that they still care? Frigging el oh el), then again, this is SEGA we are talking about.

Style

Banned
PSO2 never showing up in the West is probably due to all the licensed crossover promotions. Just this month there was a Blazblue promotion where you can get costumes, hairstyles and voices of several Blazblue characters, and later this month there will be a Guilty Gear promotion too.

Hikami

PSO2 never showing up in the West is probably due to all the licensed crossover promotions. Just this month there was a Blazblue promotion where you can get costumes, hairstyles and voices of several Blazblue characters, and later this month there will be a Guilty Gear promotion too.
They just don't have to include those though. Many asian MMOs get anime/game collabs that the western versions don't.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
There really should be an advertise to understand right away that it is a JAPANESE news when the reader read the title of the tread.

Hikami

The crossover costume are half of the charm though. They don't call it Phashion Star Online 2 for nothing. :p
Eh, most of the crossover costumes don't even look all that great due to PSO2's artstyle. They do nothing for me really, could definitely do without them.

SerTapTap

Oh man, Sega is like the ONE company where I can't just assume PS4 = localized as fuck. So this is interesting but only as a "more Japanese buying PS4" sense. Of course if they want to prove me wrong and localize it they can go right ahead.

Piers

Thread: Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to PS4 in Japan but not your country. Will be playable at Tokyo Game Show in Japan.

To everyone saying this game is never coming to the west, don't worry! It's already been confirmed for a western release! It's just been delayed.

Forever.

OH COME ON

BRING THIS TO THE WEST

VIVA LA RESISTANCE!

Third Party Productions. You have work to do.

#BringDQXIandPSO2West

Hey, if the logic that " its only on PS4 to come out west " works for DQXI it should also work with PSO2.

Top Bottom