• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

foxbeldin

EDIT : |OT| IS UP ! It's where it goes down from now on

21710684654_698bb3ccb6_o.jpg

hype !

t1445964300z0.png

CET (Paris) : 5:45 PM
GMT : 4:45 PM
CDT : 11:45 AM
EDT : 12:45 PM
PDT : 9:45 AM

XTnkpgX.png

Duration is estimated around 90mn.

Edit : Updated with Daylight saving shenanigans. (France and US don't change at the same date of course)
Edit 2 : Included the 15mns earlier

Fat4all

Banned
Huh, thought this was already known as people were talking about how it was on the same day Halo 5 releases.

But w/e, nice to have a formal announcement.

So the PGW conference is dated and so is the PSX conference. But TGS?

tumblr_lgiu4xIvKR1qaaqmq.gif

Makes a lot of sense, seeing as how it's the nearest one.

Ape

Banned
Looks like I'll miss it, most likely along with a lot of other people. I'll be playing halo 5 on Xbox One, so maybe this is an indication that nothing important will be at the event.

Alx

Wait, the conference is at La Défense ? Is the PGW hosted there too ? It's next to where I work, hopefully it won't cause any disturbance...
*edit : nope, still Porte de Versailles. Crisis averted. :)

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Marked. Wild, Rime's release date, Hunger, next Quantic Dream project! Hype hype hype!
Yeah, I expect nothing

But that's one day too late, Halo 5 will already be a million seller by the time the conference starts. :p

I think the point is that Halo will release on the 7th so you would likely get all the news about its sales the following day but if Sony come out with a big price drop that would also get featured heavily on the news the following day.

Think of it like this, a big budget AAA game selling well is news but not as big of a story as the biggest selling console of the generation getting its first official price drop, especially if its a big one.

What can we expect during this event far as game announcements go?

Quantic Dream game.
Perhaps the Uncharted 4 MP reveal?

Apart from that (not so much announcements as more info):

More Dreams.

I expect games like Rime and WiLD to get some attention as well.

SgtCobra

Sony: we won't be doing a Gamescom presentation because GC and E3 are 5 weeks apart which is too short.
PGW -> PSX = 5 weeks? Okay.

Looks like I'll miss it, most likely along with a lot of other people. I'll be playing halo 5 on Xbox One, so maybe this is an indication that nothing important will be at the event.
I don't think so, like if Sony cares that people want to get their Halo 5 time that day, they want to distract the public with some announcements.

Quantic Dream game.
Perhaps the Uncharted 4 MP reveal?

Apart from that (not so much announcements as more info):

More Dreams.

I expect games like Rime and WiLD to get some attention as well.

Yeah that seems likely, Uncharted 4 mulitplayer gameplay along with details of the Beta.

Also a release details of the Heavy Rain bundle on PS4.

If they wanted to counter Halo 5 they would announce something BEFORE its release not on the day of release
See my post above, if they do an announcement the day before then Halo gets to have its news day to itself the day after it releases but this way the press will be reporting on both events on the same day so they will overshadow and good from the Halo sales.

Fat4all

Banned
Yeah that seems likely, Uncharted 4 mulitplayer gameplay along with details of the Beta.

Also a release details of the Heavy Rain bundle on PS4.

Yeah, Heavy Rain and Beyond. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they also do sommit with Fahrenheit as well. Their new game afterwards.

stryke

Halo 5 release date. Many are predicting a PS4 price drop announced there to counter that.

That just sounds dumb. The conference is the day before the convention like every other. It's a coincidence, not a planned attack against Halo.

Ape

Banned
If they wanted to counter Halo 5 they would announce something BEFORE its release not on the day of release

This is very true. Sony has to know that people will e buying xbones for halo, so if they really wanted to rain on it they'd beat the launch with an excellent conference. Thats how you kill hype and game sales. This makes me think it's an afterthought.

Nice!

I need to see Rime and Wild gameplay now, those games are MIA.

Quantic Dream will be there in force to close the show I bet.

Top Bottom