• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony : Paris Games Week press conference dated

pastrami

Looks like I'll miss it, most likely along with a lot of other people. I'll be playing halo 5 on Xbox One, so maybe this is an indication that nothing important will be at the event.

So the conspiracy was actually the other way around. Microsoft must have caught wind of Sony's secret PGW conference, and decided that releasing Halo 5 on the same day would be the best way to distract people.

stryke

Well it's not really in the same category as E3 or even Gamescom. Publishers never hosted conferences there, nor did major announcements. It was more an opportunity for French consumers to preview games releasing soon.
The Sony conference is a sign that things are evolving, but until now you wouldn't expect much from PGW except the usual stampede of CoD players.

It already showed signs of growing last year. Square Enix demoed FFXV there and Tabata did an ATR.

This is very true. Sony has to know that people will e buying xbones for halo, so if they really wanted to rain on it they'd beat the launch with an excellent conference. Thats how you kill hype and game sales. This makes me think it's an afterthought.

I think you are thinking too much. Any one that cares that much about Halo is going to buy a Xbox One regardless of what Sony is doing. A price drop or any other major announcement would be more for the masses buying in November/December.

Predictions...

TGS

The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Level 5's PS4 game (Ni no Kuni 2)
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Danganronpa 3

PGW

Dreams
Quantic Dream's new game
Rime
WiLD

PSX

Gran Turismo 7
God of War 4
FFVII-Remake
More Double Fine collaborations

Which one has the Bloodborne expansion? It's all I need this year.

Predictions...

TGS

The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Level 5's PS4 game (Ni no Kuni 2)
Persona 5
Dragon Quest XI
Danganronpa 3

PGW

Dreams
Quantic Dream's new game
Rime
WiLD

PSX

Gran Turismo 7
God of War 4
FFVII-Remake
More Double Fine collaborations

Horizon Zero Dawn will show up again at PGS or PSX.

Fat4all

Banned
Bonjour Merci Foi Gras Oui!!

That's all the french i knew :p

Omelet du fromage.

hqdefault.jpg

lord_lad

Banned
Kojima appears at Sony stage either at PGW, TGS or PSX and shouted:

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

MadMan Studio announced, a 2nd party developer for Playstation

:p

lord_lad

Banned
Miyazaki turned up at PSX last year to much applause. He even seemed quite surprised by the reaction he got when he walked on stage. Could see the DLC being unveiled at this year's show.

i want to play the expansion by december, not see it unveiled there :(

how long are the DLC released after the initial DS2 release?

Fat4all

Banned
Miyazaki turned up at PSX last year to much applause. He even seemed quite surprised by the reaction he got when he walked on stage. Could see the DLC being unveiled at this year's show.

I could see it being an "Available Today" announcement as well. His reaction to people worried about him having too much on his plate was hilarious.

"I'm working on too much? Fuck you, I got all this by the balls, mo'fos!"

Dragun619

I'm guessing Gran Turismo 7, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Media Molecule's Dreams, and Quantic Dream's new game, as the most plausible or likely title's we'll see here.

I'd love it though, if they would announce Gravity Rush/Daze 2. Feels like it'd be a way better stage for Kat, than TGS.

Looks like I'll miss it, most likely along with a lot of other people. I'll be playing halo 5 on Xbox One, so maybe this is an indication that nothing important will be at the event.
Yup I'm sure all those European Xbox fans were going to watch a PlayStation conference if Halo wasn't being released on the same day

Is Sony having a TGS conference? And is it usually newsworthy? I need Persona 5 news.

Well they always do it just hasnt been dated yet. Last year was alot of newsworthy stuff including the Persona 5 PS4 version plus the first trailer that showed off the MC.

lord_lad

Banned
Leaked games announcements:

Legend of Dragoon HD Redux

Agent

Jumping Flash from the 20th Century

Wild Arms Incognito

Gunners' Heaven Paradise AKA Rapid Reload Reincarnated

Beyond the Beyond: Ultimatum

Arc the Lad: Age of Maturity

Blasto: The New Universe

Demon's Souls: The Requiem of Boletaria

Chobel

Leaked games announcements:

Legend of Dragoon HD Redux

Agent

Jumping Flash from the 20th Century

Wild Arms Incognito

Gunners' Heaven Paradise AKA Rapid Reload Reincarnated

Beyond the Beyond: Ultimatum

Arc the Lad: Age of Maturity

Blasto: The New Universe

Demon's Souls: The Requiem of Boletaria

These two are so random.

samar11

Don't think it has anything to do with halo 5, but the gaming/news world would be talking about Sony's presser more than a single game.

lord_lad

Banned
Even more leaked game annoucement:

Parappa the rappa: Threshold

The Getaway: Crimewave

Wipeout: Unstoppable

God Of War 4: Redemption

Patapon: Sundown Lens

LocoRoco Me

Hoo-doo

Banned
Even more leaked game annoucement:

Parappa the rappa: Threshold

The Getaway: Crimewave

Wipeout: Unstoppable

God Of War 4: Redemption

Patapon: Sundown Lens

LocoRoco Me

I'd kill for a PS4 remake of the two PSP LocoRoco games.

Just make the same game with HQ assets. Oh god I loved those games so much.

Top Bottom