• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Setsuna (Square Enix/TRF) confirmed for PS4/Vita in Early 2016, oldstyle JRPG

Jigorath

Banned
Announced at the SCEJA show

CO7bkmUU8AAgtC8.jpg

CO7hkUiUAAADOtW.jpg

Trailer

Looks good. Kinda what I expected.

Love the artstyle.

Square starting to show Vita support. Hopefully they keep it up and it pays off.

Veldin

There's a lot of Chrono Trigger influence here.

Edit: This stuff is clear as day but still

3 Person Party
Battles on Field
Some variant of ATB

aHoKcZk.png

----
They even put in the sunlight breaching the clouds.
UFUeXSV.png

IzIp9zS.jpg

----
DsbZ9P3.png

546iyLd.png

This was surprise announcement of the show. It looks really good and it is an old school turn-based RPG with the same world map. Can't wait :D

jiggle

Why show tiny footage when it's for ps4 also?
Can't say I love what I saw, so far
The characters are so tiny yuck

Meciu

This and World of Final Fantasy are a day one buy for me. I need to find a second job or something cause 2016 is gonna murder my wallet...

chrono01

Even the music is kind of giving me classic Chrono Trigger-vibes, especially on the official website. This is already one of my most anticipated games, that piano theme is amazing.

Edit: I can't close the tab, it's too addicting. I'm just going to let the music loop.

Also, I need to say. I really...REALLY...love the art for this game.

Famassu

Looks it was made for mobile to me.

Hopefully the combat isn't shallow and actually has some depth to it.
It's a smaller scope & budget game, not another mainline FF level thing. They'll test the waters with this kind of smaller thing at first and if they find success, they might put a little more money behind a sequel.

What? It looks nothing like Chrono Trigger or Cross.
I think the world map does look a bit like what Chrono Trigger's world map would look in 3d.

After they told us during the E3 that the only thing they could tell us about Project Setsuna was that they couldn't tell us anything at all, this stealth announcement felt kind of weird.

Top Bottom