• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Middle Season 7 OT - This show should get more love

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Middle returns Wednesday 23rd September on ABC! Meet the Hecks

the-middle-815x570-v2.jpg

Frankie_Heck_Middle.jpg

Frankie, the mum of the family. She's always trying to think of ways to improve life for herself and her family, while on a tight budget.

974950_1331733599217_full.jpg

Mike, the dad. He's not the most friendly guy in the world, but he loves his family, and his football team, the Colts.

latest

Axl, their oldest son. He's in college on a football scholarship, and will continue his relationship with Devin Levin from Idaho this season.

latest

Sue Heck, their daughter, and eternal optimist. She'll be starting college this year!

latest

Brick Heck, youngest son. He likes reading.

Episodes

Episode one - Not Your Brother's Drop Off
The Hecks drop Sue and Axl off at college, but face obstacles along the way.

This show is awesome as fuck, and should get a lot more love, so yeah.

Frog-fu

Banned
Jan Itor?

I had no idea this show was 7 seasons in already. Will have to get around to watching the pilot eventually.

Jan Itor?

I had no idea this show was 7 seasons in already. Will have to get around to watching the pilot eventually.
it's one of those shows that I didn't care for at first but the more I saw the better it got. It has good humour and plenty of heart. Everyone in the family is great.

Right, I wanted to ask about this. Love the show, BTW, another example of you an I having similar taste. 😄

So, is it confirmed that Charlie McDermott is returning full time? Or is he recurring as a guest star only?

He's renewed full time.

Fans of “The Middle,” don’t worry. Axl Heck isn’t going anywhere.

Earlier this year, there was a real fear actor Charlie McDermott would be leaving the ABC show to star in another comedy, “Super Clyde.”

But the comedy wasn’t picked up, ABC re-signed McDermott and now, he says, “I’ll be here for all 24 episodes.”

http://siouxcityjournal.com/enterta...cle_7a35eb4a-06a9-5fe7-b2e6-7134d348594e.html

maxcriden

This show is really great but so many people pass on it in favor of the fallen-from-grace Modern Family. The Middle is pretty consistently funny.

This show is really great but so many people pass on it in favor of the fallen-from-grace Modern Family. The Middle is pretty consistently funny.

I think the Middle has kept its quality over the same space of time as Modern family, where as Modern family has significantly declined over its 6 years. Just me though.

I'm glad he re-signed though, it'd be weird as fuck to lose Axl.

weepy

This show reminds me too much of another show on Fox featuring a dysfunctional blue-collared nuclear family with 'Middle' in the title.

Love this show! I was bummed at first when Hallmark Channel stopes airing Frasier reruns, but after I started watching this I was hooked.

I laughed so hard at Axl walking into his teacher's classroom from middle school when he is in college because he wanted to redo a test from all those years ago and saying, "Oh good, you're still alive."

Also when Frankie was having a pizza party for Sue and Sue asked for "hors d'oeurves" so Frankie picked the sausage off the pizza and put it on toothpicks.

The timing the characters have and situations they get in are just hilarious! It makes me think what the early years of Roseanne would be like if filmed the same way.

maxcriden

Brad cracks me up. I agreed that they've got a bit hard in the paint with the jokes around him at times, but it does feel true to life in its irony.

Two of my favorite all-time Brick moments:

1) Brick at the spelling bee, losing by adding the extra letter to the end 😭😭😭 so sad and funny and true to the character
2) Brick driving with his uncle in the passenger seat. The moment when he ducks his head down while at the wheel to say "I'm driving" LMAO!!!

Bonus moment: Whoop! Any time Brick has done that. Too funny.

Also, Devon Levin has been a really great foil for Axel.

Feared, have you seen The Carrie Diaries? I feel like you'd really like that show.

My pleasure, enjoy. I will be eager to hear what you think of it. Just keep in mind that like most network TV dramas it takes a few episodes to get going.

Also, those pictures crack me up. Brick's girlfriend is hilarious.

Thats fine, netflix binges are always good.

'Look Sue, don't take it personally. Your dad likes us, and that's about it. And some days not even us'

maxcriden

Thats fine, netflix binges are always good.

'Look Sue, don't take it personally. Your dad likes us, and that's about it. And some days not even us'

Yeah. They're great! Did you watch Damages on there as well? Friday Night Lights? BSG? Dollhouse? lol now I'm just gushing about all the great shows on there. Dollhouse actually takes like 3-6 episodes to get good but it does get really, really great.

Frankie's relationship with the kids just cracks me up. I love the Mother's Day and other holiday episodes. So hilariously awkward and true to life when they are getting presents last minute, especially at the pharmacy.

Jarrod38

Truly the best show ABC has going for themselves. Can't think of one horrible episode. Sue is the best character out of the main cast. Shame Eden Sher will never get nominated for an Emmy. Also Brook Shields as Rita Glossner is just the best. I hope we get a few more seasons.

Rue

I think the Middle has kept its quality over the same space of time as Modern family, where as Modern family has significantly declined over its 6 years. Just me though.

I'm glad he re-signed though, it'd be weird as fuck to lose Axl.

Yeah, I have to admit that I have been looking forward to The Middle over Modern Family for a few seasons now. The Middle is very consistently great and rarely overdoes using the same plots that Modern Family fell into around Season 3-4.

Yeah. They're great! Did you watch Damages on there as well? Friday Night Lights? BSG? Dollhouse? lol now I'm just gushing about all the great shows on there. Dollhouse actually takes like 3-6 episodes to get good but it does get really, really great.

Frankie's relationship with the kids just cracks me up. I love the Mother's Day and other holiday episodes. So hilariously awkward and true to life when they are getting presents last minute, especially at the pharmacy.

No, but now I have things to watch :D

'So, listen, I wanna float something by you.
Oh, no. That thing from the magazine? It's fun to think about, but I don't think it will work with our height difference.
I disagree, but, actually, I was talking about Mother's Day.'

'How could we forget Mother's Day again? I count on you guys to remember this stuff.
How was I supposed to know it's even on a Sunday this year? I'm not a calendar.'

Episode summary for S07E01 (slight spoilers)

Sue's excitement about moving into the dorm to start college is tempered when she accidentally burns her hair and must cut it short. Axl isn't interested in helping with Sue's move. Frankie discovers she's not sad about Sue moving out of the house while Mike overwhelms Sue with financial and safety guidelines. Brick is clueless when Cindy tells him she want to take their relationship to the next level.

it's one of those shows that I didn't care for at first but the more I saw the better it got. It has good humour and plenty of heart. Everyone in the family is great.

it's like mike and molly.
didn't know about it until she became big as a star.

but i started watching the middle since it would air in the morning and afternoon. i try to watch the new episode but schedule conflict

Brad cracks me up. I agreed that they've got a bit hard in the paint with the jokes around him at times, but it does feel true to life in its irony.

Two of my favorite all-time Brick moments:

1) Brick at the spelling bee, losing by adding the extra letter to the end 😭😭😭 so sad and funny and true to the character
2) Brick driving with his uncle in the passenger seat. The moment when he ducks his head down while at the wheel to say "I'm driving" LMAO!!!

Bonus moment: Whoop! Any time Brick has done that. Too funny.

Also, Devon Levin has been a really great foil for Axel.

Feared, have you seen The Carrie Diaries? I feel like you'd really like that show.
Brick's whispering tick is one of those things that never gets old

woop!

Aiustis

I stopped watching Modern Family after the 2nd season.

The Middle has kept it's charm. Kind of reminds me of Malcolm in the Middle if that had stayed good.

If a mod would kindly oblige me in changing the title, I'd be grateful.

I haven't seen the episode yet cos it was on at like, 4am British time, but I should be seeing it shortly.

'I knew I had to do something, cos mom just made it worse!
'You'd think cutting hair with poultry scissors in the middle of the night would work out better!'
'How many levels are there? 47. 68 if you're in Europe.'

And holy shit Sue is so hot now.

Toothless

Just watched the premiere on Xfinity. Decent humor, but it also had the poignancy I really like about The Middle. So yeah, I enjoyed it.

G0523

Slight spoiler regarding Sue's new roommate
Sue's new roommate is gonna be played by Lyndon Smith

Is it bad that I thought that Sue was just not going to get a roommate because that's how her life is? Or worse, she'll get TWO roommates because they don't have her in the system for whatever reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom