• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront trailer shows the Heroes

Nemic77

What a great trailer. Endor looks amazing and I can't wait to hop on a speederbike. Glad they didn't slow them down.

Also lol at Boba Fett hovering above the Sarlacc pit.

RS4-

Ok great, now I have to figure out if I want to keep it for PS4 or just switch. Glad I didn't cancel.

mp1990

Banned
Woah, this was surprisingly great. It was already a day one buy for me because of the Beta, but damn this trailer got me even more pumped up for it. And I don't even like SW that much tbh.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Not gonna lie, went full 10 years old when i saw Han Solo

Gwarf

Banned
Oh man!

I played the heck outta the beta and even though I think it's too casual for the long term, this game has so much fun and fan service.

Loved the trailer!

I hope all those characters are in the game and not locked behind DLC or micro-transactions. But even if they are I will buy them.

You win this time EA

Voice acting is still damned weird. Thought that was supposed to be a Neimoidian in the beginning and then realized it was Palpatine.

DTKT

Great trailer but the game is a shell of what it could have been. It's going to be fun for 20 hours but balance issues, poor weapon diversity and unsatisfying heroes and vehicles power up are going to make for a really boring long term experience.

Ferrio

Banned
Great trailer but the game is a shell of what it could have been. It's going to be fun for 20 hours but balance issues, poor weapon diversity and unsatisfying heroes and vehicles power up are going to make for a really boring long term experience.

Really wish I had that advance copy you have :(

Gwarf

Banned

Alas, you're right... but since this game will end up making a bazillion dollars I'm thinking we will see many more impressive efforts and spin offs!

*crosses fingers for a deep strategic Star Wars game*

How'd you get the final game so early?

I'm, mean you must have a copy now unless you are talking out of your ass based on the beta.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
unlimited-powerfhu8x.gif

MiguelItUp

More of this? It's not out yet. Glad to know everyone is able to conjure up such an accurate assumption from a beta with limited content. I'll put more time into this than I ever did with Titanfall, so that alone is a valid purchase in my opinion.

Bronx-Man

Banned
More of this? It's not out yet. Glad to know everyone is able to conjure up such an accurate assumption from a beta with limited content. I'll put more time into this than I ever did with Titanfall, so that alone is a valid purchase in my opinion.

How'd you get the final game so early?

I'm, mean you must have a copy now unless you are talking out of your ass based on the beta.

Really wish I had that advance copy you have :(
Because game devs are always able to radically change up fundamental gameplay elements a mere month before launch.

Ferrio

Banned
Because game devs are always able to radically change up fundamental gameplay elements a mere month before launch.

If all we were getting were those two modes, and the limited selection of guns etc I'd be with you but we only got a small taste of the game.

And he says "not again", so I'm gonna ask the question, assuming games have to follow canon now, is this confirming he survived the Sarlacc pit?

Well, it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with canon. Seemed more like a joke for fans.

However, in one of the new books that are a part of canon,
Jawas on post-ROTJ Tattooine are found selling a set of used Mandalorian armor. Doesn't confirm that he lived, of course, but...

Speculator

BioWare Austin

Another factor to take into consideration is that Beta builds are not representative of the newest builds. They are, at times, the most stable build for public release.

Voice acting is still damned weird. Thought that was supposed to be a Neimoidian in the beginning and then realized it was Palpatine.

Haven't had a chance to watch this video yet. So they didn't just get Sam Witwer to do the voice? He's the best at it besides the emperor himself. If they didn't, they fucked up.

And he says "not again", so I'm gonna ask the question, assuming games have to follow canon now, is this confirming he survived the Sarlacc pit?

The locations, weapons and items are said to be canon. Basically, the assets going into it. For instance, their depiction of Sullust is something new that is considered canon. Personal shields exist now, too.

However the specific details or actions are not. Fett's Sarlaac joke or Luke corpsehumping Vader are not. And while the personal shield defintely "exists," it wasn't necessarily used on Hoth.

Top Bottom