• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront trailer shows the Heroes

Dat force lightning though I want it. Sith for life.

Peace is a lie. There is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory my chains are broken.

BouncyFrag

Solo vs Vader...wut?
7Q2eZes.gif

MiguelItUp

Let us all be reminded of how amazing the Battlefield 3 and 4 trailers were.

You can already see the map size limitations in many parts of the video. They give the impression of being gigantic but it's a false impression. Dice is amazing at these gameplay trailers. I'm hyped, but I've learned my lesson...

This guy gets it, and is 100% right. This game may be great, who knows, but I refuse to be burnt by Dice 3 times in a row.

100% right at an opinion, yes. 3 times in a row? The only time I was "burnt" by DICE was maybe a couple of messy launches that were fixed in due time. Nothing too intense. The games were still phenomenal as was the DLC. But, to each their own I suppose.

Voice acting is still damned weird. Thought that was supposed to be a Neimoidian in the beginning and then realized it was Palpatine.

Haven't had a chance to watch this video yet. So they didn't just get Sam Witwer to do the voice? He's the best at it besides the emperor himself. If they didn't, they fucked up.

Got a chance to watch it. Sounds like Sam to me, but strangely more like Sam's Emperor in Force Unleashed than Sam in Rebels. He's gotten better since then and his impression in Rebels was basically perfect. Either way I think it's good enough.

Han sounds pretty good. Leia didn't really sound like Leia to me.

Vader's was terrible in the Beta and I don't think he even spoke in this trailer, did he? Hopefully they're redoing that one.

Capitan

game looks pretty darn good. I won't buy it without premium/season pass though, and will probably wait for a price drop if i get it. a hundred odd bucks is a little too much i think.

I'm expecting The Emperor hero card to be over-powered. It should be, as he's well capable of killing Luke and Darth Vadar at the same time with his Force Electricity.

No Yoda?

Gravidee

Why are there Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers hovering above planetary battlefields in what looks like 10 mile height?
If that is possible technologically with whatever magic thruster technology they have, why didn't the Empire use that strategy on Endor or Hoth?

(I know why, makes for a nice skybox when looking up, but still...)

Also would those capital ships really have their main exhaust thrusters on when hovering? :)

This seems like a really trivial thing to be worrying about in Star Wars.

antonz

I'm expecting The Emperor hero card to be over-powered. It should be, as he's well capable of killing Luke and Darth Vadar at the same time with his Force Electricity.

No Yoda?

They gave some details on The Emperor

Palatine’s main attack is the iconic Force Lightning, which does a lot of damage to troops within reach. The lightning also comes in the more powerful Chain Lightning form, which is an area of effect ability dealing damage to enemies around you in all directions.
Another power is called Force Dash and is (pun intended) shocking in another way. When Palpatine activates Force Dash he’ll move extremely fast in his current direction, which can be a real nasty surprise for Rebel soldiers. We've seen some players get really startled when they have been aiming down the sights at Palpatine and suddenly see him right up close.

In contrast to these abilities, Palpatine is also the Empire team’s support Villain, capable of providing powerups for others and himself. Thanks to his command of the Empire, Palpatine can use the Imperial Resources ability to hand out powerups to team mates and health boosts to other Villains.

Other players can also spawn close to Palpatine as the more powerful Shock Troopers, a tactic you should have in mind and utilize. Master all this, and your team will be quite safe from your pitiful Rebel enemies.

Toxi

Banned
Temuera Morrison sounds about ten million times better here as Boba Fett than he did in the new dub of Empire Strikes Back.

I do expect the game to be somewhat lacking due to a need to develop the foundation, but worst case scenario should be an amazing sequel

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
The fact that DICE got to work on this game is a literal dream come true for me. They were the only developer I had in mind when imagining a next gen Battlefront. I've been waiting for a Star Wars game like this for a long long time.

Toxi

Banned
Why are there Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers hovering above planetary battlefields in what looks like 10 mile height?
If that is possible technologically with whatever magic thruster technology they have, why didn't the Empire use that strategy on Endor or Hoth?
Hoth: They had to take down the shield generator first.

Endor: They had all their ships attacking the Rebel fleet and using Star Destroyers against the ground enemies would have been ludicrous overkill.

Shaanyboi

Banned
God damnit... the trailer makes me so excited, but the Beta left me really cold after just acouple days (hur hur Hoth jokes)

sjay1994

No Yoda?

Well, he wasn't really involved in battles during the original trilogy, and was on Dagobah for all of it.

Screw the haters, I had a blast with the beta and this trailer looks great. I'm sold, though I might still wait for a discount anyway.

I REALLY want to get it, I REALLY DO, but I'm super worried, I enjoyed playing the beta with my friends, alot of them are getting it, but I had this bothersome experience where I could NEVER try/play 'Walker Assault', and never got the chance to play as a Hero/Villain, and now I'm torn, not sure what to do, Afraid to get the game and run into the same problem.

Great trailer. Still won't buy because of no SP campaign.

This.

Why is there no SP campaign?

Games like this worry me, because in a few years the servers will be shut down and then how are you supposed to play it?!?

That can't be a bizarre request can it - to want to replay an old game?

This wasn't a problem on any console before the "online only" nonsense was a thing; but it has become a burden for me to warrant a purchase if I know that a game will be unplayable in a couple of years due to the online only nature of the game.

Top Bottom