• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront trailer shows the Heroes

Lrrr

I thought about upgrading to the deluxe edition, so I checked out the official site.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/buy

• Inflict more damage on enemy vehicles with the Ion Grenade.
  • The Ion Torpedo locks on to and delivers extra damage to your opponents' vehicles.
  • Made famous by Han Solo, the DL-44 is the blaster of choice for scoundrels across the universe.
  • Get electrified with the Ion Shock emote, available exclusively in the Deluxe Edition.
  • Celebrate your win in style and pump your fist in the air with the exclusive Victory emote.

The wording makes it appear as though, other than the two emotes, the Ion weapons and Han's DL-44 can eventually be unlocked by playing the game. So, for all intents and purposes, EA is charging $10 for two emotes.

This.

Why is there no SP campaign?

Games like this worry me, because in a few years the servers will be shut down and then how are you supposed to play it?!?

That can't be a bizarre request can it - to want to replay an old game?

This wasn't a problem on any console before the "online only" nonsense was a thing; but it has become a burden for me to warrant a purchase if I know that a game will be unplayable in a couple of years due to the online only nature of the game.

Because Battlefront never had a traditional campaign. Why are people so obsessed with that?
A Singleplayer SW game is coming from Visceral. DICE is best at Multiplayer.

Boogdud

Amazing trailer, not fan of the VA though.

Yeah they sounded like mediocre impressions. But that's nothing new if you've played star wars games even going back to the old days, I'm not sure if they've ever had the real actors play their parts in a game.

Excluding the guy who is doing boba fett in this, but he's not the real boba fett either, so I guess it doesn't count.

Sharpeye

Yeah they sounded like mediocre impressions. But that's nothing new if you've played star wars games even going back to the old days, I'm not sure if they've ever had the real actors play their parts in a game.

Excluding the guy who is doing boba fett in this, but he's not the real boba fett either, so I guess it doesn't count.

It's the same guy who played Jango Fett in AOTC I believe so technicality it is the same person.

The only thing holding me back is, i'm concerned about content. It's an amazing looking game and the sound design is incredible, but I'm unsure if it'll actually have enough levels to keep me interested. I had a good time with my buddies when we managed to party up and get on the same side during the beta, but it still seemed like it had issues I wouldn't expect from a beta so close to release.

How many maps are there gonna be day 1?

edit: 12.

I'm so on the fence with this game. I think I'll wait until reviews/impressions from GAF.

Graphics though:

anigif_enhanced-27488-1406142704-1.gif

Can you imagine this with Vive/Oculus Rift?

Because Battlefront never had a traditional campaign. Why are people so obsessed with that?

I'll say I'd feel more comfortable picking this up if it had a singleplayer campaign. I didn't play the other Battlefronts so I won't make the comparison, I'll just say I'm not always in the mood for a MP/Bot only game and it's disappointing it doesn't have that aspect.

Boogdud

It's the same guy who played Jango Fett in AOTC I believe so technicality it is the same person.

That's what I was referring to, as in, the guy from the redub and aotc is not the real boba fett either ;-)

I keep wishing Larry Holland would come back a make Black Squadron, an XWing game for the 21st century.

On my lands, I think that may just be my dream game. Lawrence where are you?!

Unmoses

Looks good! There's a part of me that's still a little sad we wont get any pure space battles simply because I want this battle on a current gen system

I keep wishing Larry Holland would come back a make Black Squadron, an XWing game for the 21st century.

WillyFive

Even with Gamespy's servers shut down, I can play every single game mode and content Battlefield 2 offered.

And yet, most of the game modes offered by BF4 are unplayable right now, because there are no servers hosting those game modes at the moment.

You don't see how that is a really big problem?

sjay1994

The only battlefronts with a campaign were the PSP only ones, and those were basically instant action missions with cutscenes pasted between them, and those were just concept art with voice overs.

Also, DICE's history with SP campaigns inspires no confidence

But where is [literally] anything regarding the Visceral release?!? We know nothing about it, so the DICE game is all there is and it isn't filling any single player voids.

Those in-game models looked awful in the faces. The renders looked good, so not sure what happened there

I agree. Renders should be a thing of the past nowadays with the power of our current hardware - yet, they aren't.

It's misleading to a degree, when you see a render and then you see the finished "Next-Gen" game and it looks nowhere near the same quality.

It's just sad.

MajorTom

Do the really weird animations not bother anyone else?
I mean parts like when Han stands in front of Vader. His animations look really weird, maybe a bit cartoony or something. I don't know, something just doesn't look right.

Carlius

Banned
Do you really want DICE to make a singleplayer story??

Think about what you are asking here!

wait what? no SP campaign? really? i thought thats what the trailer was....no way then, not even gonna bother buying it. am one of the few that likes the sp stories from dice.

You havent played the game huh?

i have, on my high end pc. so i have first hand knowledge of just how awful the IQ is, in every possibe way(think bf4 with just high post aa, then add a bunch of material shimmering on top of the already bad edge shimmering.) maybe 5 seconds of that entire trailer was legit footage not rendered at some insane resolution

GavinUK86

i have, on my high end pc. so i have first hand knowledge of just how awful the IQ is, in every possibe way(think bf4 with just high post aa, then add a bunch of material shimmering on top of the already bad edge shimmering.) maybe 5 seconds of that entire trailer was legit footage not rendered at some insane resolution

r1xS4WP.gif

This.

Why is there no SP campaign?

Games like this worry me, because in a few years the servers will be shut down and then how are you supposed to play it?!?

That can't be a bizarre request can it - to want to replay an old game?

This wasn't a problem on any console before the "online only" nonsense was a thing; but it has become a burden for me to warrant a purchase if I know that a game will be unplayable in a couple of years due to the online only nature of the game.

lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
Trailer doesn't look notably better than the beta(demo) I played recently, in terms of graphics.

I mean I'm sure there are any number of legit complaints people can bring up about the game but looking like shit compared to the trailers isn't one of them, lol.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thankfully the game looks quite fine irrespective of high resolution trailer specific rendering.

1g8swn.jpg

25sz28.jpg

38ms2x.jpg

LowParry

Awesome trailer. I think I'll Day 1 this then see what that Season Pass will offer later. Dice usually is pretty good at offering pretty beefy updates.

Top Bottom