• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront trailer shows the Heroes

MiguelItUp

43mfUYlHAsGNW.gif

So good.

Just lost my shit at work, haha. Perfect gif.

meanspartan

The voices are so shitty. It took me a while to even realize the voice at the beginning was even supposed to be the emperor.

Everything else looks sweet though.

Great trailer but the game is a shell of what it could have been. It's going to be fun for 20 hours but balance issues, poor weapon diversity and unsatisfying heroes and vehicles power up are going to make for a really boring long term experience.

Lol what is this shit. Unless you have a copy of the game there's no way that you gathered that from a very limited beta.

derExperte

Great trailer but the game is a shell of what it could have been. It's going to be fun for 20 hours but balance issues, poor weapon diversity and unsatisfying heroes and vehicles power up are going to make for a really boring long term experience.

Yep. I'd be excited by this trailer if I hadn't played the beta. But I have, so no.

shield

The voice acting is so out of place considering how authentic everything else is

I think I'd have preferred it if they used soundbites from the movies, like some of the LEGO games. Don't know how effective this would've turned out though.

At least they got Temuera Morrison for Boba Fett

Gravidee

At least they got Temuera Morrison for Boba Fett

He's doing a lot better here than in the Special Editions. Was he even aware that those recordings were going to be used in ESB? I know for a fact that Hayden didn't know that footage of him in ROTJ would be used as a ghost, otherwise he would have done something different about it. Not that it would have made much of a difference for most.

zugzug

the worst crime this game has going for it is having those heroes repeat those iconic lines from the movies. I cringed at everyone I heard.

Raven77

Let us all be reminded of how amazing the Battlefield 3 and 4 trailers were.

You can already see the map size limitations in many parts of the video. They give the impression of being gigantic but it's a false impression. Dice is amazing at these gameplay trailers. I'm hyped, but I've learned my lesson...

This guy gets it, and is 100% right. This game may be great, who knows, but I refuse to be burnt by Dice 3 times in a row.

I should do a compilation of all the "It's a beta", "It's just a demo", "There is more stuff in the main game" that we had for BF3, BF4 and both the of the last MOH games.

I set my expectations low so that I won't be disappointed again by a DICE release. :)

DTKT

Lol what is this shit. Unless you have a copy of the game there's no way that you gathered that from a very limited beta.

I should do a compilation of all the "It's a beta", "It's just a demo", "There is more stuff in the main game" that we had for BF3, BF4 and both the of the last MOH games.

I set my expectations low so that I won't be disappointed again by a DICE release. :)

3 things....

1. : speeder scene looks fun
  2. darth vaders walk fast animation looks goofy
  3. : luke jumping in mid air swiping at electricity looks odd

otherwise, looks fun? i dunno

Guy.brush

Why are there Star Destroyers and Super Star Destroyers hovering above planetary battlefields in what looks like 10 mile height?
If that is possible technologically with whatever magic thruster technology they have, why didn't the Empire use that strategy on Endor or Hoth?

(I know why, makes for a nice skybox when looking up, but still...)

Also would those capital ships really have their main exhaust thrusters on when hovering? :)

BKSmash

This is the best game trailer I've seen in a very long time, hands down.

lol at Solo getting fucked up by Vader

Top Bottom