• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Star Wars: Battlefront trailer shows the Heroes

that's a great idea, but its gonna be a long wait i imagine..

(this was my plan as well)

Honestly, i enjoyed the beta but too many gameplay design decisions are turning me off. Not worth 100 + dollars for me. Plus im not sure whats going to be improved/changed and what isnt. Id rather wait and see.

Plus ill just try it on EA access and get the full game as a trial. Ill get a good idea if its worth buying or not then. Right now, from the beta there wasnt enough for me to keep going back.

Ozorov

Am I the only one that is surprised that there's no Deluxe/Ultimate-physical-edition for this game? Beforehand I thought we were getting like five different version.

Bronx-Man

Banned
just the idea of you not wanting to pay $60 cuz in 5 years the servers won't work

you got a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time to get your money's worth b...

paying $60 for 12 maps, no team chat, no weapons customization, & no SP campaign

1423454478_kanyeinterruptsbeck.gif

paying $60 for 12 maps, no team chat, no weapons customization, & no SP campaign

1. 12 maps that are specifically tailored and designed for their respective gametypes, which means the goal is replayability
2. Nobody talks outside of skypes/parties with friends anymore
3. Weapon customization doesn't fit the Star Wars universe at all
4. Offline missions serve the same purpose, and are just as replayable as a regular campaign

If you don't like dedicated multiplayer experiences, this isn't the game for you. Also, when did a game's value become more about the amount of maps to play than the quality of the play itself? I personally thought the beta was extremely strong moment to moment and will hold players attention just fine to "get their moneys worth"

1423454478_kanyeinterruptsbeck.gif

Yeah, i dont like a lot of decisions they took with this game. No voice chat is one of em and no ability to give orders or be a squad leader. How we supposed to coordinate with the other 19 people on your team??

Ill pass for now.

Outrun

I am surprised that the most devout coward in SW history was not made a hero....

Wedge Antilles :)

No team chat and especially no weapon customization is a big plus.

Oh please. Voice chat or if not that, having an alternative to it is absolutely necessary to online games, especially one with 40 players online. You have to be able to coordinate with your whole team in some way. Like giving out orders in BF4. Its absolutely idiotic not not have one or the other in 2015. Idiotic and most importantly, lazy.

Oh please. Voice chat or if not that, having an alternative to it is absolutely necessary to online games, especially one with 40 players online. You have to be able to coordinate with your whole team in some way. Like giving out orders in BF4. Its absolutely idiotic not not have one or the other in 2015. Idiotic and most importantly, lazy.

Its probably more of a Splatoon reason, cuz they know the audience for this is gonna range from adults to kids, and they don't want a dozen people shouting obscenities and shit on the mic easily.

or, ya know, LAZY DEVS

You can still use the Party Chat function... not that hard to invite people into a party on both consoles.

And Star Wars doesnt need weapon customization. This is no CoD.

Yup, has to be lazy devs. I mean if everything isn't up to my specifications the devs must be lazy bastards laughing all the way to the bank with minimal effort.

There aren't any more simple and logical explanations, right? The devs who put their hearts into their game working within their word of God limits and time limits are so fucking lazy for not prioritizing a useless and unused feature.

Everything about this game has been very controlled. The sparse official media they release, the reveal of information, the matchmaking so people who have no idea how server browsers work can just click "search" and find a game, no real squads to get into and spawn on, very simple infantry/vehicle gameplay, no public voice chat. Its all very clean and streamlined, for better and for worse. Perfectly attuned for maximum demographic coverage. This is not out of laziness; this is the intent behind every design decision they've ever made about this game.

Text chat? In the beta I had teams on multiple occasions that were communicating through text chat quickly and efficiently. Won us a few games as the rebels, actually.

Text chat? In the beta I had teams on multiple occasions that were communicating through text chat quickly and efficiently. Won us a few games as the rebels, actually.

Are you joking? How is that a good alternative to you know, putting an option inside the fucking game? You people make me laugh sometimes. You defend such stupid design decisions that are clearly incompetence or laziness.

Lazy devs is a lazy argument used to support a narrative rather than actually discuss design decisions in context.

Chances are Disney said no to voice chat. Even if they didn't when is the last time you talked to someone in Battlefield 4 that wasn't either in your squad or on your friend's list? With the prevalence of party chat, in-game VOIP is increasingly becoming a pointless expense. Especially when faced with a strict time schedule.

I don't support decisions like no server browser or no private matches. But I can understand why they weren't a priority and can only hope they come in later patches. Unlike the cancelled game, it's all about working within their limitations.

Lazy devs is a lazy argument used to support a narrative rather than actually discuss design decisions in context.

Chances are Disney said no to voice chat. Even if they didn't when is the last time you talked to someone in Battlefield 4 that wasn't either in your squad or on your friend's list? With the prevalence of party chat, in-game VOIP is increasingly becoming a pointless expense. Especially when faced with a strict time schedule.

I don't support decisions like no server browser or no private matches. But I can understand why they weren't a priority and can only hope they come in later patches. Unlike the cancelled game, it's all about working within their limitations.

Saying no to voice chat doesn't mean they cant put in a command menu instead a la BF4. Wake up dude. It had absolutely nothing to do with Disney. Nothing. I play BF4 all the time and with my squad, i use chat practically all the time on ps4. And if im not chatting im using the commands. Not having either is lazy, stupid and incompetency plain and simple.

This is all on Dice being afraid to fuck up the game at launch like they did BF4.

Disney saying no to voice chat is absolutely hilarious.

Saying no to voice chat doesn't mean they cant put in a command menu instead a la BF4. Wake up dude. It had absolutely nothing to do with Disney. Nothing. I play BF4 all the time and with my squad, i use chat practically all the time on ps4. And if im not chatting im using the commands. Not having either is lazy, stupid and incompetency plain and simple.

Are you thick? Disney very well could have handed down a directive to not have voice chat. They are marketing this game to an extremely broad demographic. Voice chat adds an element out of their control.

Also, by the very fact that a commo rose isn't in the game means the developers didn't think it was necessary for good gameplay. If you played the beta this should have been obvious. The game is structured in such a clever way that communication isn't required.

Whether you disagree or agree, calling the devs lazy or incompetent is a stupid fucking thing to say and just makes you look like a vindictive asshole.

Are you thick? Disney very well could have handed down a directive to not have voice chat. They are marketing this game to an extremely broad demographic. Voice chat adds an element out of their control.

Also, by the very fact that a commo rose isn't in the game means the developers didn't think it was necessary for good gameplay. If you played the beta this should have been obvious. The game is structured in such a clever way that communication isn't required.

Whether you disagree or agree, calling the devs lazy or incompetent is a stupid fucking thing to say and just makes you look like a vindictive asshole.

Clever way? Wooooooooow. And im thick? Dude your so lost its not even funny.

Yes, the game is designed in such a clever way that no one knew what to fucking do to win as a rebel in walker assault until multiple games into the beta. Yes, so clever. And PS i was one of those people with a early beta code.

You have absolutely no clue when youre talking about. Im done here.

Yes, the game is designed in such a clever way that no one knew what to fucking do to win as a rebel in walker assault until multiple games into the beta. Yes, so clever. And PS i was one of those people with a early beta code.

Its called a learning curve. The fact it was overcome so quickly displays the clever design.

If all you are going to do is bitch about the game, why keep posting in threads about the game?

I was also in on the first day of early access and it was fascinating to watch how the layman players so rapidly learned and adapted to the disadvantage the Rebels had on Hoth even with the limited assortment of options available.

Absolutely im gonna bitch about the game. And im going to keep criticizing it. You remove useful and basic online features that every game has and has had since the original Xbox, im gonna criticize. Im not making any excuses for Dice on this one just because its called Star Wars and it happens to be my favorite franchise.

Are you joking? How is that a good alternative to you know, putting an option inside the fucking game? You people make me laugh sometimes. You defend such stupid design decisions that are clearly incompetence or laziness.

Well, you asked for an alternative to voice chat, and I suggested that text chat is a nice alternative if people use it in the right way. I wasn't defending the lack of voice chat. You need to calm down dude, it's just a game.

MiguelItUp

You say this now, but then you play as the Rebels on Walker Assault and go "oh hell naw" after getting blown to smithereens because you couldn't organize your side.

I won plenty of times without voice chat on the beta. A lot of people did. It took people awhile to realize what the objectives are. I don't think that's something VOIP would've fixed. Other than people yelling at each other, talking about how much their team sucks, etc.

You say this now, but then you play as the Rebels on Walker Assault and go "oh hell naw" after getting blown to smithereens because you couldn't organize your side.

if it isnt the random rambling of 40 different people youre looking for and you wanna actually use strategy, youll have a premade team, in which case youll also get party chat.
open chat in this environment will do more harm than help

Tookay

A new game mode that takes multiple games to figure out how to win?

The horror.

Jtrizzy

I like the way it was done in BC2, with 4 man squad chats. You could hear the entire team in between rounds, but only the 4 in your squad. Honesty party chat can be pretty annoying with a ton of people talking at the same time.

Renekton

You must come from alternate Earth-187 :)

In our Earth, almost no one takes orders in a PuG. Also we'll get annoying screamers or trolls playing autotune and voice morph.

Even though I'm disappointed due to the loss of galactic conquest, split screen multiplayer, lack of clone wars era content and lack of space battles. I still have to say, the game looks and performs incredibly and the audio work is an another level. It makes the experience feel so incredibly authentic it's hard not to smile.

This is all on Dice being afraid to fuck up the game at launch like they did BF4.

This is not the game you're looking for...

tumblr_inline_mis84fo0qZ1qz4rgp.jpg

Trailer looks good, beta was incredibly enjoyable.

This is pretty much my only Holiday game so I hope the final version turns out great.

Top Bottom