• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PSVR) announced

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Clearly a horror game they were already developing before anyone at Sony cared about Until Dawn.

I'm trying to find a reason to be hype over more Until Dawn, but this is the opposite of what I wanted. I wonder if they'll be able to get any of the actors from the main game to reprise their role. If they are even in the game, that is.

What a horrible idea.

A small story controlling the people working at
the asylum during the first infections of the miners converting into wendigos
, but you know, being exactly the same gameplay as until dawn.

That could tie perfectly with the Until dawn story without any intereference.

Ludens

Banned
So the next thing is doing DLC binded to a specific, un-optional device. Very unfair for people liking Until Dawn not interested in PS VR.

dr_rus

VR exclusive titles is exactly what I would prefer for all of us to avoid. Dev resources already stretched thin between all platforms and adding a couple of new ones which will have a price barrier of a new console at best seems like very unwise decision. A GT Sport approach with support for VR in a normal console game should be standard.

TimFL

I'm trying to find a reason to be hype over more Until Dawn, but this is the opposite of what I wanted. I wonder if they'll be able to get any of the actors from the main game to reprise their role. If they are even in the game, that is.

Don't they mention it that they have you play as a character from Until Dawn? UD Spoilers:
He says that you play as Josh, because that's the only one that fits into the description he gives @ 0:22.

This was the only bad announcement for me from the show.

Absolutely ridiculous way to continue the Until Dawn legacy

Turning Until Dawn into a cheap Disneyland on rails rollercoaster ride with shooting, which was about 2% of the Until Dawn experience, is just .... yeah not good. Dumb.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
NvbOGZm.gif

Torment

Banned
The few seconds they showed in the VR trailer were just fucking terrible. nothing about that game looked like Until Dawn, clearly just using the name.

Torment

Banned
It's an investment in the IP, and so soon to the release of the game it bodes well for the future of the series, spin-off's or not.

This is actually very bad for the series if this does not sell well and if it looks anything like that brief glimpse of gameplay they showed, pointing towards no.

Just got a new IP in your pocket that has lots of goodwill from the fan base.

Turn it into a successful franchise by taking your time with the sequel?

Hell no, rush to make an on rails VR game that only has loose ties to the original and ruin the potential franchise's good name before it even gets a chance to establish itself.

Well played Sony.

Replicant

When I think Until Dawn, a light gun game is definitely not it. Besides, I want something more along the lines of UD not along the lines of The House of The Dead.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. While a rail shooter isn't what I would have asked for from a VR Until Dawn experience, it may still be a lot of fun.

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. While a rail shooter isn't what I would have asked for from a VR Until Dawn experience, it may still be a lot of fun.

Same here. Many people was really sceptical for until dawn and that game became great. The only thing about it that is stupid is using the until dawn name. Could have gone with from the creators of and then a new title.

TimFL

Why do people say "rushed game"? Didn't they mention that this title has been in development for quite a long while (developed simultaneously with Until Dawn)?

UD Spoilers:
It makes sense considering Josh is the protagonist (?). Could explain why he has the least screen time in UD, they were probably splitting his time between UD and this? I always thought that Rami was a bit wasted in UD by giving him next to no screen time

Tregard

Soothsayer
Devil's Advocate: Was Until Dawn not originally a lightgun-esque game for the PS3 & Move? Maybe this is just some of the original leftover concept they decided to outsource and fully flesh out

CamHostage

Just got a new IP in your pocket that has lots of goodwill from the fan base.

Turn it into a successful franchise by taking your time with the sequel?

Hell no, rush to make an on rails VR game that only has loose ties to the original and ruin the potential franchise's good name before it even gets a chance to establish itself.

Well played Sony.

Jeez folks, calm down~ There should be zero confusion with this and a proper Until Dawn sequel. This is just some little minigame experiment with Until Dawn branding (though hopefully it's connected to the original game in intelligent ways.) It's no more destructive to the brand necessarily than Crash Team Racing or Uncharted Fight for Fortune.

If it's good, then that's good for Supermassive Games, and if it's dumb, I wouldn't expect anybody to take VR spin-off releases as critical canon any more than they did PSP/Vita releases (which, going by the Uncharted collection and the separate God of War packs, is something even Sony itself has a hard time with...)

I'm kind of confused as to what this actually this?

https://youtu.be/cw6x80Qdzak?t=75

Looks like an on-rails shooter with a horror theme and some dodge-em-up gimmicks added in, set on a rollercoaster. It does show you out of the coaster at the end but I'm guessing it's unlikely that the gameplay will spend much time on foot if at all, and the play would still more likely be shooting or direct point-and-clicking and less adventure/reacting than the traditional Until Dawn experience.

Alucrid

Banned
people not even giving them a chance, jesus. i bet ya'll were hating on until dawn before launch too. clearly none of you are getting a psvr either i guess.

Man

Roller coaster experiences in VR are a TON of fun and exhilarating.

I simply cannot see how this can fail as an experience. Even with doubters.

Loudninja

Umm people

When we first started working on Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, we were still in the middle of development on Until Dawn, but it was clear to us that the world and characters we were creating would be perfect to expand into new experiences. As we established compelling gameplay for VR, we were able to combine that with a journey through many familiar aspects of Blackwood Pines, but from a horrifying new perspective!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/27/until-dawn-rush-of-blood-coming-to-playstation-vr/

Seems like an Until Dawn ghost train ride with on-rails shooting elements, and looks great to me, I'm hoping VR heralds the return of the light gun game.

Fisty

People are talking shit, but didnt Until Dawn start out as an on-rails Move shooter? Doesnt seem too far a stretch for the IP. And if its good... who cares what type of game it is or isnt?

magnumpy

looks sick. this and eve: valkyrie have me sold on VR! interesting to see what genres of games will get put through the wringer and prove themselves in VR.

Top Bottom