• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Taisen series developer Winkysoft files for bankruptcy

miku

oZOaPRF.jpg

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151130-00010000-teikokudb-ind

Liabilities of around 250 million yen

Their last game for the PS3:
SYj5z8j.jpg

Games developed:
タッチダウン(1984年)
アークスロード(1985年)
ロストパワー(1986年)
ルーイン(1987年)
あかんべドラゴン(1988年)
トム・ソーヤーの冒険(1989年)
オルテウスII(1991年)
マイライフマイラブ ぼくの夢わたしの願いボクノユメワタシノネガイ(1991年)
ヒーロー戦記 プロジェクト オリュンポス(1992年)
ぷよぷよ(GB版)(1994年)
バトルロボット烈伝(1995年)
リアルロボット戦線(1999年)
聖霊機ライブレード(2000年)
Z.O.E 2173 TESTAMENT(2001年)
新世紀勇者大戦(2005年)
ドクターロートレックと忘却の騎士団 (2011年)
キャラクターゲーム
ジョジョの奇妙な冒険(1993年)
超時空要塞マクロス スクランブルバルキリー(1993年)
はめパネ 東京ミュウミュウ(2002年)
東京ミュウミュウ 登場 新ミュウミュウ! みんないっしょにご奉仕するにゃん♥(2002年)
ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 異聞妖怪奇譚(2003年)
スーパーロボット大戦シリーズ
スーパーロボット大戦(1991年)
第2次スーパーロボット大戦(1991年)
第3次スーパーロボット大戦(1993年)
スーパーロボット大戦EX(1994年)
第4次スーパーロボット大戦(1995年)
第2次スーパーロボット大戦G(1995年)
第4次スーパーロボット大戦S(1996年)
スーパーロボット大戦外伝 魔装機神 THE LORD OF ELEMENTAL(1996年)
新スーパーロボット大戦(1996年)
新スーパーロボット大戦スペシャルディスク(1997年)
スーパーロボット大戦F(1997年)
スーパーロボット大戦F完結編(1998年)
全スーパーロボット大戦 電視大百科(1998年)
スーパーロボット大戦コンプリートボックス(1999年)
スーパーロボット大戦OGサーガ 魔装機神 THE LORD OF ELEMENTAL(2010年)
スーパーロボット大戦OGサーガ 魔装機神II REVELATION OF EVIL GOD(2012年)
第2次スーパーロボット大戦OG[2](2012年)
スーパーロボット大戦OGサーガ 魔装機神III PRIDE OF JUSTICE(2013年)
スーパーロボット大戦OG ダークプリズン[2](2013年)
スーパーロボット大戦OGサーガ 魔装機神F COFFIN OF THE END(2014年)

Eusis

. . . Well, that's certainly a name to go out on.

That sucks though given how old and prolific the series has been. I guess Namco Bandai would just find another developer though.

EDIT: Which I see they apparently did. I guess then this is kind of like IW falling out of favor for CoD in favor of Treyarch.

raven777

. . . Well, that's certainly a name to go out on.

That sucks though given how old and prolific the series has been. I guess Namco Bandai would just find another developer though.

EDIT: Which I see they apparently did. I guess then this is kind of like IW falling out of favor for CoD in favor of Treyarch.

Winky haven't been developing mainline SRW since Alpha in PSX days.

I nearly had a heart attack but then I realized they just made the spinoffs I don't care for anyway. Unfortunate that people are losing their jobs though.

Rymuth

My heart went up my throat...then I realized it's not Banpresto.

Sucks Winkysoft but I can't live in a world without the mainline games.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
This is really unfortunate. Sad to hear. That said, given that they're not doing the mainline titles where all the money is, this is not that surprising.

SkyOdin

I heard the rumors about this happening recently, so I'm not too surprised. I just happened to be looking up some of their games a second ago though, so it is a strange coincidence.

I hope the devs from the studio find good jobs elsewhere.

You scared the shit outta me when I saw OGs 2 listed there! Glad I followed the links to clear that up. I still want my OGs 3 at some point.

It's always saddening to hear a studio shutting down. They're pretty talented though so hopefully the staff can find new opportunities quickly.

lupinko

They're not Banpresto, SRW is safe.

Look, F/F Final are some of my favourite games ever but Terada and Banpresto have done a much better job with the franchise since taking over since Alpha for PSX.

They haven't been the mainline developer in years.

Terada has been guiding SRW inhouse since Alpha.

Yeah, like Magnet_Man I almost freaked out until I remembered that since I saw the newest PS3 OG games there, which I also liked so it's still ashame.
And since I got in with the series starting around Alpha and forward before playing some of the older.

I'd love a PS4 SRW game.

To be fair I didn't even suspect they were still around.

End of an era. I remember their logo when I started playing the series back in the 90s, good times.

rpmurphy

It was rumored weeks ago considering they had shut down all of their online presence, but I guess it's confirmed now.

Bebpo

Banned
Wow, I freaked out. Still a damn shame, OGs were great...

Pretty sure they didn't develop 2nd OGs...

Maybe they helped a little, or maybe they just got a credit because Masou Kishin characters are in it, but Winkysoft is a really small studio, hence their Masou Kishin games being super super low budget. 2nd OGs was a big, big budget Banpresto SRW team game.

But yeah, sad they couldn't survive on yearly low budget Masou Kishin games, but I guess most people didn't really care about them? I mean even the lower budget SRW games like the handheld ones by Banpresto sell pretty rough, people like and buy SRW for the nice looking sprites, that requires budget unfortunately.

Maybe Winkysoft would've been better as a mobile SRW developer or something where graphics are less important.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
ぷよぷよ(GB版)(1994年)

Ah yes, the truly awful Game Boy port of Puyo Puyo. Thanks for that, Winkysoft.

But really, I'd rather play Super Robot Wars 4 than deal with modern SRW and its HP bloat. I can watch pretty animations on Youtube.

Bebpo

Banned
Ah yes, the truly awful Game Boy port of Puyo Puyo. Thanks for that, Winkysoft.

But really, I'd rather play Super Robot Wars 4 than deal with modern SRW and its HP bloat. I can watch pretty animations on Youtube.

The old ones didn't have waves upon waves of time wasting grunts?

Never played any pre-Alpha 1.

Piers

Always struggled to see the appeal of Taisen since it's effectively SRW without the actual crossover.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
The old ones didn't have waves upon waves of time wasting grunts?

Never played any pre-Alpha 1.

Not to the extent of the modern games, no. HP in general was a lot smaller too.

The main issue with the old games is unskippable battle scenes. 4 and 2G are snappy enough for it to only be a slight annoyance, but playing through Shin/F/FF/Compacts is unbearable.

Always struggled to see the appeal of Taisen since it's effectively SRW without the actual crossover.

Wow, I freaked out. Still a damn shame, OGs were great...

They continue to not have anything to do with the OGs games or main SRW in general. They were credited in the list above for OGs because of the small La Gias stuff that was present in it as well as the terrible, terrible side game Dark Prison.

Top Bottom