• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 releasing on Steam June 1st

Tizoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l_HXnlVcLo
From the description in this new overview video
【製品情報】
プラットフォーム:PlayStation®4、PlayStation®3(『GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-』からのアップデートのみ)
発売日:2017年5月25日
価格:パッケージ版 4,800円(税抜)、ダウンロード版 4,800円(税込)、有料アップデートDLC 2,000円(税込)

プラットフォーム:Steam (『GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-』からのアップデートのみ)
配信予定日:2017年6月1日
価格:有料アップデートDLC 2,000円(税込)
A week after consoles, which is cool in my book. Hopefully they put up a good bundle :3
Also I am secretly hoping Xrd SIGN shows up in the current Monthly Bundle

Why don't PC Gamers play more fighting games? All ya'll play is them damn survival games! *Sniffs*

I kid about the last part, but seriously though. The player-base of most Fighting Games on PC are quite small, Street Fighter V and Killer Instinct have the most active fighting game communities on the platform thanks to the amazing PC and Console cross play.

I really wish the fighting game community on PC was bigger, I love fighting games!

Sayad

Why don't PC Gamers play more fighting games? All ya'll play is them damn survival games! *Sniffs*

I kid about the last part, but seriously though. The player-base of most Fighting Games on PC are quite small, Street Fighter V and Killer Instinct have the most active fighting game communities on the platform thanks to the amazing PC and Console cross play.

I really wish the fighting game community on PC was bigger, I love fighting games!
That's not a PC thing, for most smaller fighting games, active players will just be on the platform with the biggest user base and leave the others. This happened even for consoles(Tekken/Anime games were mostly dead on 360).

Hazzuh

It doesn't help that PC normally gets games months (years) later and they are normally cheaper on console by the time the PC version comes out. Lots of the ports are shitty too.

Fortunately things seem to be changing..

Swarna

SF4 was active (and still is depending on region/timezone). MK lacks lasting appeal (though MKX actually has a playerbase as opposed to MK9) and real people don't actually play other fighting games as much as they pretend to like them. Old KoF and SF titles on Fightcade have more active players than stuff like GG.

Mesoian

Doesn't help that the pc versions of fighting games have traditionally been pretty hamstrung or just released so late in life that the community never manages to gravitate there. Most of the time, the PC versions are just afterthoughts or hopeful wishings that people will double dip.

There are a few good examples of fighting games on the PC, skullgirls, SF5 (for the most part), but I'm not the only one that got burned on MKX and didn't bother coming back 8 months later for the apology patch.

elyetis

Games need cross platform multiplayer, until then it will stay a vicious circle for fighting games ( and some others like nba and I guess many sport games other than fifa ) where most people wouldn't buy the PC version because they know the community will be too small, making the community even smaller.

Fighting games were primarily console only for decades. Anyone who enjoys fighting games is going to be on consoles. $300-400 vs $1000 or so for a PC, the base is always going to go to consoles. It's not like other genres where there's an FPS benefit by switching, you're still getting 60 on consoles.

Dinjoralo

Doesn't help that the pc versions of fighting games have traditionally been pretty hamstrung or just released so late in life that the community never manages to gravitate there. Most of the time, the PC versions are just afterthoughts or hopeful wishings that people will double dip.

There are a few good examples of fighting games on the PC, skullgirls, SF5 (for the most part), but I'm not the only one that got burned on MKX and didn't bother coming back 8 months later for the apology patch.

Precisely this. The fighting games that manage to have decent communities on PC do so because they came out when there was a community at all. SFV launching day and date with the PS4 version, Skullgirls coming out as many DLC characters and balance changes were announced, KI with Season 3, etc. So many fighting games on PC just come out months after anyone's playing them, and/or in heavily busted states.

ArjanN

Fighting games were primarily console only for decades. Anyone who enjoys fighting games is going to be on consoles. $300-400 vs $1000 or so for a PC, the base is always going to go to consoles. It's not like other genres where there's an FPS benefit by switching, you're still getting 60 on consoles.

To be fair a bunch of the recent fighting games do look better/load faster on PC. With fighting game releases getting closer to day 1 for PC I definitely think more people will play on PC.than before.

petran79

Banned
I hate that version of Baiken and her voice actress. Older version sounded much cooler.
At least I have 1 month to dabble in Central Fiction.

Not only that but the few fighting games that made it to computers had horrendous issues regarding controls. PC gamepads were unsuitable and keyboard controls were marred by input issues, making 2 player matches a chore.

No wonder PC players want to forget fighting games ever existed on the platform.

FACE

Banned
C2IUCfpUkAAJuGn.jpg:large

Top Bottom